Instructions for ointment and gel. Other dosage forms:
At this time, the gel and ointment are not available, see analogues. : 228 р. Last price fixed at monitoring * : 228 r. (ointment)
Instructions for use
Ointment "Actovegin" is a drug intended for the rapid healing of cuts and wounds.
The drug allows you to restore the damaged structure of the epidermis, accelerate cellular metabolism and activate energy at the cellular level.
"Actovegin" refers to the average price category, is available to a wide range of consumers.
The indications for the appointment of "Actovegin" are any lesions and mechanical damage to the skin, accompanied by a violation of the integrity of the outer layer of the epidermis. The list of diagnoses for which the use of this tool is shown includes:
- ulcerative lesions of the skin (including trophic ulcers);
- bedsores in patients who are forced to lead a recumbent lifestyle;
- burns of various origins, localized on the skin or mucous membranes (thermal, radiation, chemical, acid, alkaline, etc.);
- extensive wounds (the drug can be used on large areas, as it does not contain toxic and carcinogenic components).
It is important ! For the treatment of wounds and other injuries over large areas of the body, Actovegin gel or ointment is used only in combination with other drugs that have bactericidal and antimicrobial properties.
For the treatment of purulent wounds and ulcers, it is better to use an antibiotic ointment, for example, tetracycline .
A distinctive feature of the drug is its widespread use in ophthalmology. For example, indications for the use of Actovegin eye gel in patients with diseases or pathologies of the organs of vision are:
- rehabilitation period after corneal transplantation;
- ulcerative lesions and burns of sclera and corneas;
- degeneration of the mucous membranes of the eye, resulting from prolonged use of contact lenses;
- corneal atrophy;
- prevention of lesions during medical manipulations on the selection of contact lenses.
Application: Actovegin Gel
Mainly used to clean open wounds, as well as their treatment.
|Burns of various origins and radiation damage||Apply a thin layer to the damaged place (as needed 1-2 times a day).|
|Radiation burns during the treatment of malignant tumors||The gel is applied as an application (without rubbing into the skin).|
|Ulcerative lesions||Apply a thick layer of gel on the sore spot, apply a compress from gauze or a thin cloth soaked in Actovegin ointment (the procedure is necessary to prevent drying and sticking to the skin). Compress is changed once a day (if the ulcer gets very wet, then several times a day).|
|Bedsores in bed patients (prevention and treatment)||Therapeutic dressings are changed 3-4 times a day. The duration of therapy can range from 3 days to 2 months.|
The ointment is used for long-term therapy, as it is less concentrated compared to the gel (according to the content of the main component). Typically, this dosage form is used after the end of treatment with gel Actovegin.
|Diagnosis||Mode of application|
|Wounds and ulcers|
|Bedsores (prevention and treatment)||Dressings with ointment change 3-4 times a day. Duration of use can be up to 2 months.|
|Radiation injuries (prevention and treatment)||Spread a small amount of the drug on the skin over the entire affected area. Apply 2-3 times a day.|
Actovegin can be used in patients of any age, including young children and the elderly, as well as pregnant and lactating women. The only limitation to use is hypersensitivity to medication ingredients.
Cases of overdose ointment or gel "Actovegin" are not described.
Side effects when using this dosage form of the drug are extremely rare. These are mainly local reactions, characterized by the appearance of itching and burning. These phenomena usually disappear after 2-3 days of use.
Composition and release form
Ointment and gel "Actovegin" differ only in auxiliary components and the concentration of the active component (deproteinized hemoderivate obtained from calf blood): 1 g of gel contains 4 times more active substance than ointment (8 mg versus 2 mg). Both drugs are available in tubes of 20 g.
It speeds up the healing of wounds and their epithelization, activates sanogenic and reparative processes in damaged tissues (improves trophism).
- In clinical studies of the use of "Actovegin" in patients with diabetes mellitus of the second type, it was found that therapy is effective only if the level of glucose in the blood is normalized.
- Use of eye gel "Actovegin" should not exceed 1 month after opening the package.
The shelf life of ointment and gel "Actovegin" - 5 years within the shelf life specified on the package (at room temperature).
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.