Other dosage forms:
611 р. Average online price * 611 r. (5 amp. 5 ml, 40mg / ml)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Actovegin is rightly considered to be one of the best preparations for restoring cells and tissues damaged as a result of oxygen starvation and metabolic disturbances. In clinical practice it is widely used to treat patients of any age.
- vascular and ischemic diseases of the brain: stroke, dementia, encephalopathy;
- effects of brain injury;
- vascular disorders and their consequences;
- myocardial infarction;
- conditions of pregnant women, in which intrauterine hypoxia develops;
- perinatal damage to the nervous system in children and its consequences (after a thorough assessment of all risks of using the drug, as prescribed and under the supervision of an experienced doctor);
- diabetic polyneuropathy;
- effects of radiation therapy of cancer patients;
- bedsores, ulcers, delayed healing of wounds and burns;
- prevention of postoperative complications after surgery on the eyes;
- radiation cystitis (injecting Actovegin is injected directly into the urethra).
Dosage and administration
The vial is preheated at room temperature. Then shake, break off its tip and collect the contents into the syringe. Intraarterial and intravenous administration is possible, but intramuscular injections are most commonly practiced. These shots are quite painful, they must be injected as slowly as possible and under the control of the medical staff.
Prior to regular injections, the body should be tested for susceptibility: enter intramuscularly no more than 2 ml of the drug and observe the patient's condition.
|Category of patients||Dosage and frequency of administration||A course of treatment||Mode of administration|
|Adults with vascular and ischemic diseases||5-10 ml daily or every other day||2-4 weeks||intravenously|
|Adults with trophic ulcers, bedsores, non-healing wounds and burns||10 ml daily or every other day||prescribed by a doctor||intravenously|
|5 ml daily or every other day||prescribed by a doctor||intramuscularly|
|Adults after a course of radiation therapy||5 ml daily||prescribed by a doctor||intravenously|
|Children under 3 years||no more than 0.5 ml per kg daily||prescribed by a doctor||intramuscularly or intravenously|
|Children from 3 to 6 years||no more than 0.4 ml per kg daily||prescribed by a doctor||intramuscularly or intravenously|
|Children from 6 to 12 years||no more than 5-10 ml per day||prescribed by a doctor||intramuscularly or intravenously|
Absolute contraindications to the drug are:
- allergic to the components of the drug;
- renal failure, accompanied by violation of the outflow of urine;
- severe heart failure;
- pulmonary edema.
With caution appoint Actovegin with:
- the patient's age is up to 3 years old (contraindication is very relative, as in clinical practice, doctors often prescribe these injections even to newborns);
- hyperchloremia - a significant increase in the amount of chlorides in the blood plasma;
- hypernatremia - a significant increase in the amount of sodium in the blood plasma.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy Actovegin is popular because it stimulates the blood supply to the placenta, serves as a prevention of fetal hypoxia.
Despite the physiology of the composition of the drug and the absence of direct contraindications for its reception during pregnancy and lactation, they can be treated only by a doctor's prescription and if there are serious grounds for that . Self-treatment with Actovegin in order to prevent complications of pregnancy is unacceptable!
Allergic reactions in the form of urticaria, reddening of the skin, increase in body temperature - up to anaphylactic shock occur less frequently.
Extremely rare side effects can be:
- blood pressure jumps;
- tachycardia and pain in the heart;
- headache and weakness;
- chest pain and shortness of breath;
- muscle and joint pain;
- nervous overexcitement (especially characteristic of children, therefore Actovegin is prescribed to young patients only in the first half of the day).
With the development of any symptoms worsening the condition, it is better to stop taking the drug and use antihistamine medications.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
|Components||Scroll||Amount in 1 ampoule (in mg)|
|ampoule 2 ml||ampoule 5 ml||ampoule 10 ml|
|Active substance||deproteinized hemodic calf blood||80||200||400|
|water for injections||up to 2 ml||up to 5 ml||up to 10 ml|
Pharmacological properties of the drug can not be studied until the end, since it consists mainly of natural components that are present in the body of any person.
It is known that after half an hour after entering the blood, the drug begins to exert its antihypoxic effect, which is maximally manifested in 3-4 hours.
Actovegin stimulates the consumption of oxygen and glucose by cells and tissues, increases their antioxidant activity and resistance to damaging factors, and increases the concentration of amino acids and energy carriers in cells.
Actovegin injection should normally be yellowish and transparent. If there is a suspension in it, it should not be used, as this indicates its unsuitability. Do not store and use the drug after opening the ampoule.
Shelf life is 3 years. Store in a dark place, out of reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.