- Azelastine (Azelastine hydrochloride)
Available in other dosage forms: nasal spray .
, 474 р. Average price online * , 474 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Allergodil - eye drops against allergies. The drug has a strong and long lasting effect and is well tolerated by most patients. Adverse reactions rarely occur even with prolonged use.
Facility intended for;
- prevention and treatment of seasonal and year-round allergic conjunctivitis and keratitis;
- relieving eye irritation caused by allergens - animal hair, down, dust, etc .;
- treatment of infectious eye diseases (caused by chlamydia, adenovirus, herpes virus, etc.) - only on prescription.
Dosage and administration
Allergodil buries his eyes. The standard dosage is 1 drop 2-4 times a day.
The drug is suitable for children. For therapeutic purposes, it is prescribed to patients from 4 years, in prophylactic - from 12 years. Dosages for them are similar to adults.
Allergodil treatment is continued until the symptoms are completely eliminated, its long-term use is allowed.
For prophylactic purposes, the drug begins to be instilled into the eyes 2 weeks before the onset of seasonal exacerbation.
Before using the drug is recommended to visit a doctor.
Allergodil eye drops have practically no contraindications. They are not recommended for use only in two cases:
- age up to 4 years;
- hypersensitivity to the components.
Pregnancy and lactation
The manufacturer does not recommend Allergodil during the first trimester of pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
These recommendations are intended to secure the mother and the unborn child as much as possible. The research results show that even with a multiple increase in daily doses, the active substance drops does not provoke a violation of embryonic development.
During treatment with the drug, adverse effects from the eye are possible:
- exacerbation of sensitivity;
- changing the color of the conjunctival membrane;
- foreign body sensation;
- dry mucous membranes;
In rare cases, recorded dry skin, a sense of lack of air, a violation of taste. These symptoms disappear after drug withdrawal.
Interaction with other drugs
Allergodil can be combined with other eye drops. In this case, it is necessary to maintain an interval of 15 minutes between the instillation of funds in the eye.
The drug enhances the action of glucocorticosteroids, so such combinations require caution and medical supervision.
Composition and release form
The drug is produced in the form of eye drops. In one bottle with a dropper - 6 or 10 ml. The composition of 1 ml of the solution is as follows:
- Azelastine (active substance) - 0.5 mg;
- hypromellose - 10 mg;
- sorbitol 70% - 666.66 mg;
- sodium hydroxide - to pH 6;
- benzalkonium chloride - 1.25 mg;
- water - up to 10 ml.
Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics
Antiallergic and anti-inflammatory properties of the drug due to the effects of azelastine.
It acts as follows:
- selectively blocks histamine receptors;
- slows the release of substances accompanying the inflammatory process;
- reduces the number of eosinophils and molecular adhesion cells.
Under the action of the drug, itching, tearing, discomfort, swelling of the mucous membrane, the feeling of the presence of a foreign body disappears.
3 years. An open bottle can be stored for 4 weeks.
Protected from children, a place where the temperature does not exceed 25 degrees.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.