Available in other dosage forms: eye drops .
, 589 р. Average online price * , 589 r. (10 ml)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
The drug is intended for the treatment of:
- seasonal and persistent allergic rhinitis (including hay fever);
- seasonal and persistent rhinoconjunctivitis;
- symptoms of vasomotor rhinitis (nasal congestion, sneezing, rhinorrhea, post-nasal syndrome).
Dosage and administration
In allergic rhinitis and rhinoconjunctivitis, children over 6 years old and adults are shown to spray 1 dose into each nostril twice a day. In the absence of the expected effect, children from 12 years old and adults are prescribed 2 doses in each nostril twice a day.
The use of the drug must be continued until the complete elimination of symptoms of the disease. Means is suitable for long use. The maximum duration of the course of treatment is six months, then a break should be taken.
With vasomotor rhinitis, children from 12 years old and adults are prescribed 2 doses in each nostril twice a day.
Treatment should continue until symptoms are completely eliminated. The maximum duration of treatment is 8 weeks.
- hypersensitivity to the components;
- under 6 years of age, if the child has allergic rhinitis or rhinoconjunctivitis;
- under the age of 12, if the child has vasomotor rhinitis.
Pregnancy and lactation
In the course of experiments on animals, no evidence of the teratogenic effect of the drug was detected, even with the use of doses that many times exceed the therapeutic ones. However, research among pregnant and lactating women has not been conducted. Therefore, they are not recommended to use Allergodil because of the risk of side effects.
Rarely, with the use of the drug, there is a slight irritation of the inflamed nasal mucosa, which is accompanied by characteristic symptoms:
These side effects pass on their own after the abolition of allergies.
It is extremely rare in patients during the use of the drug are recorded:
- manifestations of allergies (urticaria, itching and rashes on the skin);
- general weakness;
These symptoms do not always become side effects of the drug. They can also be caused by the disease itself.
If the spray is introduced not with a straight head, but with the back tilted up, a bitter taste in the mouth may occur. For some, it provokes nausea.
Composition and release form
The tool contains the following components:
- azelastine (active substance);
- anhydrous citric acid;
- sodium hydrophosphate dodecahydrate chloride and dodecahydrate;
- edetate dihydrate disodium;
Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics
The active ingredient of the drug is azelastine, which has a number of effects on the body:
- counteracts histamine - the main allergy provocateur;
- eliminates allergy symptoms;
- stabilizes mast cell membranes;
- interferes with the release of histamine, platelets, serotonin and other biologically active substances;
- reduces capillary permeability and exudation.
The drug reduces itching, sneezing, nasal congestion, rhinorrhea 15 minutes after injection. It lasts at least 12 hours. The systemic effect of spray on the body is insignificant.
Interaction with other drugs
During treatment with Allergodil, you should stop using alcohol-based medications. In combination with ethanol, azelastine has a stronger effect on the central nervous system, which increases the risk of side effects.
Sometimes the drug causes fatigue and lethargy (these symptoms can also be provoked by the underlying disease). Alcohol enhances these phenomena. In such cases, you should temporarily abandon driving and working with mechanisms that require concentration of attention and high speed reactions.
3 years. An open bottle is valid for 6 months.
Keep out of reach of children at a temperature of 8-25 degrees.
No recipe required.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.