Treatment of any kind of allergic reaction is inextricably linked with the detection of the allergen and preventive measures that help reduce the histamine load. Consider the most popular reactions and features of their treatment.Read more...
The human body is attacked every second by viruses, fungi, bacteria and other less dangerous substances penetrating into its "holy of holies" together with every breath, a sip of water and food. With these foreign agents, the immune system is fighting.
The problem is that sometimes the body reacts to completely harmless substances, like antigens, and produces too much antibodies to fight them.
Antigen and antibody combine with basophils and mast cells. And these complexes flow through the bloodstream into the organs (skin, nose, lungs, stomach), settling in them. Once the allergen enters the body repeatedly, basophils and mast cells begin to synthesize histamine, a chemical substance designed to fight the allergen.
Under the influence of histamine:
- The spasm of smooth muscles of blood vessels, bronchi, stomach and intestine begins;
- The capillaries expand, as a result of which the blood pressure decreases;
- Edema appears;
- Blood condenses.
Develops an allergic reaction.
Factors that provoke allergies incredibly much, here are just the most popular of them:
- Pollen ;
- Animal hair ;
- Bites of mosquitoes , bees and wasps , bedbugs ;
- Products such as milk and eggs ;
- Cosmetics, in particular shellac and gel-varnish ;
- Building materials ;
- Dust ;
- Cold ;
- Sunlight ;
- Latex .
You can try to find out for yourself what you are allergic to , but it's better to pass special tests .
The manifestation of an allergy depends on the type of allergen and the place of its contact with a certain part of the human body. It can be: urticaria , dermatitis , runny nose , conjunctivitis , cough , allergic asthma , Quincke's edema , anaphylactic shock .
Details and photos of different types of reactions ..
Treatment consists of the following stages:
- The first and most important thing is to eliminate contact with the allergen. Many ignore this point, and completely vain. If you delay with the solution of the problem, you can greatly aggravate the situation, simple diathesis can turn into eczema, the usual hives turn into anaphylactic shock.
- If the reaction is severe, for example, difficulty breathing or fast-growing swelling, you should call an ambulance.
- The third item is known to everyone - antihistamines , they are sold without a prescription and are effective. Preparations of the first generation act quickly, but they can not be abused. The third and fourth generation of tablets - the effect is not so pronounced, but a minimum of side effects and a long reception is possible. In rhinitis appoint sprays , with conjunctivitis - drops .
- Further - stronger preparations - glucocorticosteroids or GCS. For dermatitis, urticaria and various eruptions use GCS in the form of ointment . When systemic reactions are put intramuscularly (such as prednisolone or betamethasone ). Prescribe these drugs can only be a doctor, they are quite effective, but they have many contraindications and their misuse can do more harm than good.
- Allergen-specific immunotherapy (ASIT) and autolymphocytotherapy (ALT) are relatively new methods of treatment. Concluded in the gradual introduction of an allergen to adapt the immune system and normalize the reaction. These methods, unlike others, eliminate the cause of the disease and not the symptoms.
- Diet and a healthy lifestyle are important factors, Food can be both the main reason and simply a "trigger" that provokes a reaction.
Of course, each type of reaction has its own treatment characteristics. As well as for special conditions, such as pregnancy . All of them are described below:
Urticaria (urticaria or urticaria) is considered one of the most frequent allergic reactions. According to some reports, the symptoms of acute urticaria occurred at least once in a lifetime over a third of the world's population. The disease is characterized by a rapid onset - on the body begin to appear inflamed itchy blisters.Read more...
Factor that provokes the reaction theoretically can be any substance. There is even a reaction to ordinary water (although in fact the trigger is usually chloride chloride lime). Consider the most frequent cases, how to avoid them and what to do to recover.Read more...
Allergies are easier to prevent than to deal with the consequences. Therefore it is very important to know what causes the symptoms of the disease, and to avoid contact with allergens. To find out exactly what causes an allergy, you need to see a doctor. An allergist with the help of special examination methods can allocate an allergen and give advice on the treatment of the disease.Read more...
The most effective ways to get rid of allergies are allergen-specific immunotherapy and autolymphocytotherapy. The essence of the first method is to introduce gradually increasing doses of the allergen into the body, which leads to immunological tolerance to the substance that previously caused allergy. The essence of the second - in the correction of allergies by its own lymphocytes. That enables the body to adapt to substances that previously caused pathological symptoms.Read more...
Chronic allergy can be cured only by a doctor, there are many nuances and pitfalls, each patient is unique. Do not try to cure yourself in such a difficult situation, you need to contact a specialist. However, something the patient can do himself, this is our article.Read more...
Oddly enough, allergic diseases and babies who are breastfed are susceptible. During this period of the life of the child, the diagnosis of the problem and the detection of the allergen have their own specifics. A significant part of allergic reactions occurs as a result of violation of the hypoallergenic ration by the nursing mother. To ignorance not to eat any strong allergen, you need to read the list of recommended and prohibited products.Read more...
About 35% of women who did not have any allergy before pregnancy, in the period of bearing a child, face this problem. At the slightest suspicion of an atypical reaction, one should consult a doctor to make a course of therapy on the basis of the most sparing drugs and give recommendations on the diet. Lack of contact with the allergen and dietary nutrition remain the main methods of precaution that will help to successfully tolerate a healthy baby.Read more...
Often, the presence of a pet in the house leads to the development of allergies in family members, accompanied by such unpleasant symptoms as coughing, continuous sneezing, lacrimation, urticaria, etc. Most often the disease develops as a reaction of the human body to a protein that is present in blood, urine, saliva The pet.Read more...