The treatment of any type of allergic reaction is inextricably linked with the identification of the allergen and prophylactic measures that reduce the histamine load. Consider the most popular reactions and features of their treatment.Read more...
Every second, the human body is attacked by viruses, fungi, bacteria and other less dangerous substances that penetrate its “holy of holies” with each breath, a sip of water and food. The immune system fights with these foreign agents.
The problem is that sometimes the body reacts to completely harmless substances, like antigens, and produces too many antibodies to fight them.
The antigen and antibody are combined with basophils and mast cells. And these complexes enter through the bloodstream to the organs (skin, nose, lungs, stomach), settling in them. Once the allergen enters the body again, basophils and mast cells begin to synthesize histamine, a chemical substance designed to combat the allergen.
Under the influence of histamine:
- a spasm of vascular smooth muscles, bronchi, stomach and intestines begins;
- capillaries expand, resulting in reduced blood pressure;
- swelling appears;
- blood clots.
Allergic reaction develops.
There are a lot of factors provoking allergies, here are just the most popular ones:
- pollen ;
- animal hair ;
- mosquito bites , bees and wasps , bedbugs ;
- foods such as milk and eggs ;
- cosmetics, in particular shellac and gel polish ;
- building materials ;
- dust ;
- cold ;
- sunshine ;
- latex .
The manifestation of allergy depends on the type of allergen and the place of its contact with a certain part of the human body. It may be: urticaria , dermatitis , runny nose , conjunctivitis , cough , allergic asthma , angioedema , anaphylactic shock .
Treatment consists of the following steps:
- The first and most important thing is to eliminate contact with the allergen. Many ignore this point, and completely in vain. If you delay with the solution of the problem, you can greatly aggravate the situation, a simple diathesis can turn into eczema, the usual urticaria will turn into an anaphylactic shock.
- If the reaction is strong, for example, there is difficulty in breathing or fast-growing edema, then an ambulance should be called.
- Everyone knows the third point - antihistamines , they are sold without a prescription and are effective. Drugs of the first generation act quickly, but they can not be abused. The third and fourth generation of pills - the effect is not so pronounced, but at least side effects and possible long-term use. When rhinitis prescribed sprays , with conjunctivitis - drops .
- Further - more powerful drugs - glucocorticosteroids or GCS. For dermatitis, urticaria and various rashes use GCS as an ointment . In systemic reactions they are placed intramuscularly (such as prednisone or betamethasone ). Only a doctor can prescribe such drugs, they are quite effective, but they have many contraindications and their incorrect use can do more harm than good.
- Allergen-specific immunotherapy (ASIT) and autolymphocytotherapy (ALT) are relatively new treatments. They consist in the gradual introduction of an allergen to adapt the immune system and normalize the reaction. These methods, unlike others, eliminate the cause of the disease and not the symptoms.
- Diet and a healthy lifestyle are important factors because Food can be both the main cause and simply the “trigger” provoking a reaction.
Of course for each type of reaction has its own characteristics of treatment. As well as for special conditions, such as pregnancy . All of them are described below:
Urticaria (urticaria or urticaria fever) is considered one of the most common allergic reactions. According to some data, symptoms of acutely flowing nettle fever were experienced at least once in a lifetime by over a third of the world's population. The disease is characterized by a rapid onset - inflamed itchy blisters begin to appear on the body.Read more...
Factor provoking a theoretical reaction can be any substance. There is even a reaction to ordinary water (although in fact the trigger is usually lime chloride). Consider the most frequent cases of how to avoid them and what to do to recover.Read more...
Allergies are easier to prevent than to deal with the consequences. Because it is very important to know what causes the symptoms of the disease, and avoid contact with allergens. To find out exactly what causes allergies, you need to consult a doctor. An allergist with the help of special methods of examination can highlight the allergen and give advice on the treatment of the disease.Read more...
The most effective ways to get rid of allergies are allergen-specific immunotherapy and autolymphocytotherapy. The essence of the first method is the introduction of gradually increasing doses of the allergen into the body, which leads to immunological tolerance to the substance that previously caused the allergy. The essence of the second is in the correction of allergy with its own lymphocytes. What allows the body to adapt to substances that previously caused pathological symptoms.Read more...
Chronic allergies can be cured only by a doctor, there are many nuances and pitfalls, each patient is unique. You should not try to cure yourself in such a difficult situation, you need to contact the specialists. However, the patient can do something himself, this is our article.Read more...
Oddly susceptible to allergic diseases and babies who are breastfed. In this period of the child's life, the diagnosis of the problem and the identification of the allergen have their own specifics. A significant part of allergic reactions result from a violation of a hypoallergenic diet by a nursing mother. To unknowingly not to eat any strong allergen, you need to familiarize yourself with the list of recommended and prohibited foods.Read more...
About 35% of women who did not have allergy manifestations before pregnancy, faced with this problem during the childbearing period. At the slightest suspicion of an atypical reaction, it is necessary to consult a doctor so that he draws up a course of therapy based on the most benign medications and gives advice on the diet. Lack of contact with the allergen and diet food remain the main methods of precaution that will help to make a healthy baby successfully.Read more...
Often, the presence of a pet in a house leads to the development of allergy among family members, accompanied by such unpleasant symptoms as coughing, continuous sneezing, lacrimation, urticaria, etc. Most often, the disease develops as a reaction of the human body to a protein that is present in the blood, urine, saliva petRead more...