Full analogs in the form of powder does not exist.
Baneocin is also available in ointment form. Besides him, there are other antibiotic ointments:
These drugs are not complete structural analogues, consult your doctor.
330 р. Average price online * 330 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Baneocin in the form of a powder is a combined antibiotic for external use of a wide spectrum of action, which has no analogues, is not addictive, and is used to treat both adults and children of almost any age.
Baneocin powder is used for any bacterial dermatological infections, pathogens that are sensitive to the active ingredients of the drug:
- weeping contagious impetigo;
- infected trophic ulcers;
- infected eczema;
- diaper dermatitis with bacterial complications;
- complicated herpetic eruptions;
- complicated chickenpox;
- infectious dermatitis ;
- shingles with bacterial complications;
- purulent skin ulcers.
Sometimes (with the permission of the doctor) Baneocin is used as a prophylactic agent for:
- care of the umbilical wound in newborns;
- postoperative nursing for healing wounds and stitches;
- after invasive cosmetic procedures for the prevention of bacterial complications, in particular, after earlobe puncture;
- healing of burns, abrasions, wounds and cracks in the skin.
Dosage and administration
It is applied exclusively outwardly. To do this, use a dosing cap and a thin layer to distribute the powder over the damaged or infected skin. Putting a bandage on top is not necessary. The frequency of the procedure is on average 2-4 times a day. With an extensive wound surface, occupying more than 20% of the body, the drug can be used only once a day.
To care for the navel of newborns, you must first treat the wound with hydrogen peroxide, dry it with a clean cotton swab, and then sprinkle it on top with Baneocin. Up to 5 procedures can be performed daily. The duration of treatment of the umbilical wound is usually from 2 to 5 days and should not exceed a week.
The maximum dose for an adult patient with an extensive wound surface is approximately 200 g of powder (20 cans of 10 g each). If it is necessary to repeat the weekly course of treatment with Baneocin, the maximum possible therapeutic dose is reduced to 100 g (10 cans of 10 g each).
The therapeutic effect of Baneocin is not reduced if the drug is mixed with blood or other body fluids.
The absolute contraindications to treatment with powder Baneocin are:
- bacterial infections of the eye;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
Use with caution in situations:
- if the wound or burn surface on the skin is extensive enough, since in this case the active substances can be absorbed into the blood and cause hearing, vestibular apparatus, peripheral nervous system disorders;
- if the patient suffers from a severe form of renal or heart failure with a pronounced impairment of urination, as in this case, Baneocin, when absorbed into the blood, may have a toxic effect on the kidneys.
Pregnancy and lactation
Special studies on the effect of Baneocin on the body of a pregnant woman and fetal development have not been conducted. A future mother or nursing woman is advised to consult a doctor before using the drug, because if it enters the blood, the active ingredients of the drug penetrate into breast milk and overcome the placental barrier and theoretically can harm the baby or fetus.
Most often develop with long-term use of Baneocin in patients with extensive wound surface, on the background of renal or heart failure. Can be:
- allergic skin reactions with redness and itching;
- vestibular lesion;
- hearing loss, up to its complete loss;
- renal impairment;
- temporary paralysis due to impaired conduction of neuromuscular conduction.
The likelihood of serious complications increases with the simultaneous use of Baneocin in large doses and such drugs:
- other antibiotics (cephalosporins or aminoglycosides);
- muscle relaxants;
- narcotic painkillers.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
|Components||Scroll||Amount in 1 g of powder (in IU)|
|Active substance||bacitracin zinc neomycin sulfate||250 5000|
|Excipients||corn starch magnesium oxide|
Two active substances of Baneocin, bacitracin and neomycin, are bactericidal antibiotics that inhibit the growth and reproduction of most common and harmful microorganisms for humans, in particular:
- treponema pallidum;
- anthrax bacillus;
- actinomycete fungi;
- pathogens of gonorrhea;
- E. coli and others.
When applied externally, the drug acts exclusively on the skin surface and is practically not absorbed inside, even in the presence of wound and bleeding surfaces.
In the pharmacy, Baneocin can be purchased as a powder without a prescription. Store it in a dry and dark place at room temperature. Shelf life is 2 years.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.