See the latest generation of antihistamines .
162 р. Average price online * 162 p. (packing of 20 pieces)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Cetirizine affects all types of allergies: food, drug, allergies to animals, plants, etc. In half of the cases, the drug takes effect 20 minutes after administration (in most patients after one hour), and the resulting therapeutic effect lasts for 24 hours.
Available in the form of tablets, syrup, drops for oral administration or solution.
If you have already used the drug, leave a review in the comments. If the article is useful to you, do not forget to click the Share button at the bottom of the page.
Indications for use
- allergic rhinitis type (chronic and seasonal);
- urticaria (including chronic idiopathic form);
- conjunctivitis ;
- hay fever (pollinosis);
- dermatitis , accompanied by severe itching (neurodermatitis, atopic dermatitis );
- Quincke's edema .
How to use
Tablets and drops should be taken orally simultaneously with food intake (drops before use must be dissolved in water). Pill with 180 ml of boiled water.
The medicine can be taken at any time of the day, but it is preferable to do it in the evening (a couple of hours before bedtime).
Adult patients, as well as children over six years of age, are advised to take the drug in the following dosage: 10 mg (1 tablet) - once a day, or 5 mg (1/2 tablets) 2 times a day.
Patients with pathologies of the kidneys are prescribed the drug in a dosage of not more than 5 mg per day. In severe forms of renal failure, the drug is taken at the same dosage, but the dosage regimen is slightly adjusted - 5 mg every other day.
For the treatment of children under 6 years of age, the pediatrician prescribes the optimal dose of medication, based on the medical history and the severity of the current disease.
Children under 1 year of the drug is not recommended due to the lack of sufficient experience of use at that age.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers are contraindicated.
- Tablets are allowed for children from 6 years.
- Hypersensitivity to cetirizine and other components.
- With extreme caution, you should use the tool for various disorders of the kidneys (medium and high severity) - such patients require a reduction in the daily dose of the drug, as well as treatment schemes developed by the doctor.
- Due to the possible reduction in glomerular filtration, the reception by elderly patients should be monitored by the attending physician.
"Cetrin" is not addictive, so it can be used even for a long time period. However, most patients tolerate it very well. Side effects are extremely rare, but still possible.
Of the undesirable consequences may appear:
- feeling of dryness in the mouth;
- increased sleepiness;
- headaches of varying intensity (up to migraine);
- disorders of the digestive system;
- allergic reactions to the components of the drug (rash, itching, urticaria).
Composition and pharmacokinetics
1 tablet contains:
- Cetirizine dihydrochloride, 10 mg
- Excipients: hypromellose, dimethicone, corn starch, lactose, magnesium stearate, macrogol 6000, povidone K30, polysorbate 80, sorbic acid, talc, titanium dioxide.
“Cetrin” is a drug with an antihistamine effect: it blocks the H1-histamine receptors (histamines are substances that exhibit biological activity when a reaction to external stimuli occurs). It is histamine that is responsible for the formation of characteristic symptoms that accompany allergies: runny nose, nasal sinus congestion, tearing, redness of the eyes and under the nose, etc.
Rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, the time to reach the maximum concentration - about 1 hour.
The main part of the drug is excreted with the urine, and only 10 percent - with fecal masses. Eating does not affect the absorption of the drug in the gastrointestinal tract, but can increase the time of this process by 60 minutes. The maximum concentration of cetirizine is achieved within 1 hour after taking the drug.
It is not recommended to combine the intake of “Cetrin” with alcohol, since an excess of the therapeutic dose may increase the negative effect of ethanol on the nervous system.
The drug is usually well tolerated and does not cause side effects, however, for the period of treatment with "Cetrin" it is desirable to abandon driving and engaging in hazardous activities. Care should be taken to take the medicine to people whose professional activities require high concentration of attention and accelerated reactions.
It is released without a prescription. Shelf life 2 years. Store in a dry place out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.