Most women experienced genital disease, which appears as a fungal infection. And what is thrush in women, called candidal colpitis, consider its symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of recurrent diseases.
Thrush is caused by lesions of the mucous yeast-like fungi Candida albicans. A woman easily notices the first signs of the disease in marked excretions, like grains of cottage cheese, whiter. Various symptoms of vaginal candidiasis appear.
Women often self-diagnose thrush if they are concerned about the white discharge.
General information about thrush
Manifested as follows:
- unpleasant itching in the genital lips , vagina , anus,
- the appearance of white patches (isolated or solid),
- the appearance of redness
- before the formation of cracks, seals on the mucous membrane,
- abundant vaginal discharge without smell,
- pain when urinating (sharp burning),
- There may be pain during intercourse.
Urine, falling on the inflamed areas of the vagina, causes an unpleasant burning sensation, disruption of the urinary system. Symptoms most often manifest 1 week before menstruation. Unaesthetic appearance of the vaginal mucosa prevents sexual intercourse and the likelihood of infecting a partner.
Burning and itching strongly felt by women with allergies. After bathing, burning sensation in a warm environment increases.
Depending on the cycle of menstruation in healthy women, there are secretions, but not gray, white or green and thick consistency. The pain even prevents sleep.
The presence of all the symptoms does not say that you have thrush. Most of the signs are inherent in other more dangerous diseases (chlamydia, gonorrhea, myco-or ureplazmoza, herpes genital, bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis). Thrush in these cases is a concomitant indicator of the presence of infection in the body. Therefore, it is impossible to engage in self-treatment if you are worried about such symptoms. Make an appointment with the doctor to clarify the reasons.
How does all this look?
All listed external symptoms are visible in the photo. Beware, some photos show a neglected form of the disease and they are not for the faint of heart:
The spots on the underpants themselves (transparent or barely white) do not mean that you have thrush. If there are no other symptoms - burning, itching, etc., then the disease is unlikely.
However, if there are suspicions, especially if:
- negative dynamics (there are more secretions),
- discharge has a pungent smell
- or unhealthy color (green, brown, or milky white),
- or they are heterogeneous, a curd mass is observed -
- It is worth going to the doctor.
Where does it come from?
In humans, the fungus Candida is not such a rarity. But usually the immune system does not allow it to multiply excessively.
Sometimes conditions are created that favor this, among them:
- antibiotics, weakening the protection of the body;
- hormonal drugs ( prednisone , dexamethasone );
- premenstrual changes in the vagina (acid-base balance is disturbed);
- thyroid pathology;
- use of tampons;
- intercourse with a dry vagina;
- after surgery;
- wearing strings;
- the use of intimate hygiene products (deodorants, soaps, bath salts);
- hot and humid weather;
- reduced immunity;
- HIV infection.
You should always consult a doctor, especially if:
- symptoms first appeared;
- more than 3 episodes of candidiasis per year, the second time within 2 months;
- you are pregnant or nursing;
- treat, and symptoms do not disappear;
- pains in the chest, abdomen, back;
- You are less than 12 or more than 60 years old;
- You are taking immunosuppressants, diabetes medications.
Thrush is more common in adolescent girls during puberty and in girls.
What is thrush in girls and how to cure it? During the establishment of the balance of microorganisms that colonize the genital tract, thrush can appear. The consequences of which adversely affect the childbearing ability.
There are a dozen different yeast fungi that cause thrush, and what exactly you have, you need to identify with bakposeva.
Diagnosis of thrush is based on light microscopy. Detection of Candida fungi by the method of PIF - direct immunofluorescence (when seeding), by DNA diagnostics (PCR). When thrush is important not the presence, but the number of fungi of the genus Candida. Treatment of vaginal mycosis to be complex.
Detection in the analysis of the candidate does not mean that you have candidiasis. If, in addition to deviations in the analyzes, there is also a cheesy discharge from the vagina, accompanied by itching, then the manifestations of the disease are obvious.
Thrush is transmitted to the infant from a pregnant woman. In children, it has a light patina in the mouth: on the tongue, gums, palate. And it hurts the baby to suck.
Is it contagious?
Thrush is transmitted sexually. But in healthy men who have no problems with immunity, it survives extremely poorly. This is due to the structural features of the male and female genital organs. Nevertheless, men should not forget about the rules of personal hygiene and protection. Read more about the male version here.