- Gentamicin * + Dexamethasone * (Gentamicin * + Dexamethasone *)
Available in other dosage forms: eye drops .
, 201 р. Average price online * , 201 p. (2.5g)
Where can one buy:
Dex-gentamicin eye ointment is a combination drug for the treatment of ophthalmic diseases. The tool is manufactured by the German company Ursafarm Artsnaimittel GmbH. The drug contains the optimal combination of antibiotic and glucocorticosteroid, which eliminates the risk of erroneous determination of dosages when administered separately.
Instructions for use
The drug is used for the prevention and treatment of eye diseases:
- infections of the anterior segment of the eye caused by pathogens sensitive to gentamicin ( conjunctivitis , keratitis, barley, blepharitis);
- allergic processes in the anterior ocular segment with concomitant infection by bacteria;
- inflammations in the recovery period after surgical interventions (removal of cataracts, glaucoma operations, etc.).
Dosage and administration
A strip of ointment with a length of 1 cm should be laid in the conjunctival cavity 2-3 times a day. When making applications, it is important to ensure that the tube does not touch the skin or conjunctiva.
The use of several eye medications is acceptable. However, in such cases, Dex-Gentamicin should be laid at least 15 minutes after using the drops, but not earlier.
The standard duration of treatment with ointment is 2-3 weeks. Usually this time is enough for complete recovery.
Before using the drug should be familiar with contraindications. There are 10 of them:
- Hypersensitivity to the components.
- Tree keratitis, chickenpox and other corneal viral diseases with conjunctiva.
- Mycobacterial infections of the eye.
- Acute purulent processes in the eyes with damage to the corneal epithelium.
- Fungal diseases of the eye.
- Corneal epitheliopathy.
- Injuries and corneal ulcers.
- Use contact lenses.
- High intraocular pressure.
- Age up to 18 years (there is no information about the effectiveness and safety of the use of the drug in the treatment of this category of patients).
Pregnancy and lactation
The manufacturer does not guarantee the safety of the use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation. Relevant clinical trials have not been conducted.
Use of the drug in the II and III trimesters of pregnancy is allowed, but only with the permission of the doctor. He should conduct an examination of the patient and establish that the expected effect of treatment exceeds the possible risks to the fetus.
In rare cases, against the background of the ointment, allergic reactions and burning develop. Also possible:
- contact dermatitis;
- herpetic keratitis;
- perforation of the cornea (with keratitis);
- fungal infections;
- aggravation of bacterial infection of the cornea.
With prolonged use of Dex-gentamicin, there is a risk of developing secondary glaucoma and steroid cataracts. Therefore, after two weeks of continuous treatment and with a history of glaucoma, intraocular pressure should be measured regularly.
If you find any side effects, you should immediately stop using the ointment and go to an ophthalmologist.
Composition and release form
The drug is available in the form of a yellowish translucent ointment. Packed in tubes of 2.5 g.
The composition of the drug is as follows:
- gentamicin and dexamethasone (active ingredients);
- liquid paraffin;
Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics
Dex-gentamicin ointment is a combined agent. It has several effects:
- broad spectrum antibacterial;
Dexamethasone is a glucocorticosteroid that relieves inflammation. It penetrates well into the corneal epithelium and conjunctiva. Gentamicin is an antibiotic that is effective against most gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms. It does not enter the systemic circulation through the healthy corneal epithelium.
Interaction with other drugs
Do not use Dexta-gentamicin simultaneously with Atropine and other anticholinergic or mydriatic agents. As a result of such combinations, intraocular pressure may increase.
The following substances and preparations should not be used during the treatment with Dexa-gentamicin:
- Amphotericin B.
When applied topically, these agents can precipitate precipitates in the conjunctival cavity.
After applying the ointment, visual acuity is sometimes disturbed, as a result of which mental and physical reactions are slowed down. Such phenomena are temporary. However, you should not use the ointment before you get behind the wheel or do the work associated with the mechanisms. The first half hour after application means you need to refrain from classes that require high concentration of attention.
3 years. After opening the tube can be stored no more than 4 weeks.
Child-protected place, the optimum temperature is up to +25 degrees.
Need a prescription from a doctor.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.