- No analogues
Available in other dosage forms:
eye ointment .
, 171 р. Average price online * , 171 p. (5 ml)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
An insert with instructions is placed in each pack of medication. It contains information about the indications, method of administration, drug combination, side effects, overdose, contraindications, composition. In addition, the instructions also contain reviews.
The tool is prescribed for the treatment of conditions such as:
- Keratitis, barley, blepharitis, conjunctivitis ;
- prevention of inflammatory diseases in postoperative time.
Treatment should proceed as follows:
- Once it is necessary to drip 1-2 drops in each eye;
- The interval between instillation depends on the condition of the patient, as well as the severity of the inflammatory process. If the condition is severe, then the drops need to bury every 4 hours. If the condition is not critical, then the instillation should be done every 6 hours;
- Treatment in no case should not exceed 20 days, because otherwise, any complications begin to develop. It is also extremely important during the treatment to follow all the recommendations of the doctor.
It is not recommended to take this medicine in the presence of such diseases and conditions as:
- Mycoses of the eye;
- Viral infections of the eye;
- Erosion of the corneal epithelium (as a result of taking the remedy, these lesions may become deeper);
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Tuberculous damage to the eyes;
- Allergy to the individual components of the drug.
In addition, during the treatment wearing contact lenses can not.
The use of this tool during pregnancy is allowed, however, the girl should be monitored regularly by a doctor.
At the time of breastfeeding, the administration of the drug should be discontinued. If reception for any reason is impossible to refuse, the use of the agent is allowed, however, natural feeding should be excluded.
When using the drug Dex-Gentamicin overdose is unlikely. However, if it occurs, then symptomatic treatment should be carried out.
As a result of taking the drug, the patient may have side effects, the appearance of which must be reported to your doctor so that he can decide whether you can continue to use this drug or not.
Perhaps he will pick up a safer counterpart.
Side effects include such conditions as:
- The appearance of burning sensation and itching. These states can occur immediately after instillation;
- Any allergic effects;
- Sharp increase in intraocular pressure;
- Blurred lens or blurred vision.
Dex-Gentamicin drops do not have color.
These include active ingredients such as gentamicin sulfate, as well as dexamethasone sodium phosphate. Auxiliary elements are potassium hydrogen phosphate and benzalkonium chloride.
Dex-Gentamicin is a topical glucocorticosteroid.
With local use, dexamethasone in a short time penetrates through the corneal tissue and conjunctiva, providing the desired effect.
With local use, gentamicin sulfate is detected in the structure of the eye after 6 hours.
The drug should be stored in a place inaccessible to children, at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees.
Subject to all recommendations, the drug can be stored for three years. After opening the package, the shelf life is reduced to 1.5 months.
You should also find out the medicinal combination of the drug Dex-Gentamicin with other drugs.
When taken simultaneously with atropine, cholinergic drugs, as well as agents that cause mydriasis, a sharp increase in intraocular pressure can be observed.
When used topically, gentamicin is incompatible with amphotericin B, sulfadiazine, cloxacillin, heparin, and cephalothin. Ignoring this item can lead to deposition of precipitates in the conjunctival sac.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.