There is a fairly extensive group of drugs used in the treatment of pathologies of a dermatological nature, such as dermatitis, allergic rashes, etc. These drugs in the medium of pharmacists are called corticosteroids. General information Corticosteroids are hormonal substances produced by the adrenal glands for the regulation of metabolic processes. These hormones block the formation of prostaglandins, which, in fact, are the initiators of inflammatory processes. As a result of the correct use of corticosteroids [...]Read more...
Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. Occurs under the influence of various stimuli, for example aggressive chemicals or allergens. In 99% of cases it is not associated with a pathogenic microflora and is not contagious.
It can be confused with other skin diseases. To prevent this, see the photos and descriptions below:
The most frequent cases
1. Atopic dermatitis (ATD) . Trigger ("switch") can be various allergens, but they only trigger the reaction, the mechanism of the disease is much more complicated.
The patient should have a genetic predisposition to AD, the risk increases significantly if one or both parents are allergic. For the first time ever manifested in early childhood . The obsolete name for small patients is diathesis.
If not treated, it can go on to a chronic form - eczema or neurodermatitis, as well as provoke various complications. More details about the treatment: in children , in adults .
2. Allergic dentistry . Externally similar to AD, less dangerous, but this does not mean that it should not be treated. Elimination of the allergen and, if necessary, antihistamines give a good effect in 99% of cases.
Allergen can contact directly with the skin (household chemicals) or it can get through the respiratory tract (pollen, dust), through the zhkt (food allergens). The result of all this - the development of antibodies and an allergic rash, if the patient is predisposed to it. Read more about symptoms and treatment .
3. Simple contact dermatitis - skin reaction to aggressive chemicals directly at the site of contact. Isolated in a separate item, because the reaction passes without antibodies and allergens. It is often an occupational disease if the work is related to chemicals, cleaning agents and constant contact with them.
The first thing to do is to remove contact with the irritant and avoid it in the future. For example, to abandon cosmetics and household chemicals, if it is not suitable, use protective equipment in the workplace. In the acute phase, special ointments are used, in more detail .
4. Seborrheic dermatitis is not such a rare case. Usually affects the scalp, sometimes the face . This form of the disease is associated with functional disorders of the central nervous system, which provoke excessive discharge from the sebaceous glands of the skin.
Usually seborrhea is a small cosmetic defect, but it can give complications. Fortunately for today seborrheic dermatitis is successfully treated (more precisely it is docked), more in detail .
Rare forms of dermatitis
Dr. During . Outwardly similar to herpes, a synonym - herpetiform. But the rash begins without the involvement of any virus or bacteria, the mechanism of the disease is autoimmune.
A link with intolerance or poor gluten tolerance is known for certain. In addition to excluding cereals from the diet, special treatment is needed, more info ..
Exfoliative dermatitis in adults (erythroderma) - a lesion of more than 90% of the skin. Almost always occurs as a complication in the severe form of skin diseases - atopic and seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, red lichen.
The reason may be improper treatment, self-medication, attempts to cure people's means. Taking medications or contact with irritants / allergens can also dramatically worsen a patient's condition.
It is important to stop taking all medications and see a doctor, you need treatment in a hospital, more .
D-t Ritter, or exfoliative d-t in newborns - a severe form of pemphigus. It is of bacterial origin, quite dangerous. Only newborns are exposed, tk. Their skin is particularly sensitive to any pathogenic microflora and requires special care.
Treatment is carried out only in a hospital, under the supervision of a doctor, more ..
The states listed above can take a bullous or wet form, with their own specifics. In each case, it is better to see a doctor than try to prescribe the medication yourself.
Let's not forget about photodermatitis , which relates more to allergic diseases , rather than to autoimmune diseases.
So, if the patient's symptoms are similar to the samples above - go to the appropriate links to find out more about the treatment and prevention of this or that form of dermatitis.
Finally, the general recommendations:
- Do not use drugs without the need, especially hormonal (glucocorticosteroids). They give a powerful but short-term effect, when most often enough of the right skin care.
- Young children need to periodically apply emoticons to the skin. Tender baby skin in an aggressive environment can easily lose its barrier properties, to protect them and use these drugs.
- Get rid of gastrointestinal problems when they appear. In the case of dysbiosis, drink a course of bifidobacteria, fortunately they are sold in any pharmacy.
- Diseases of the skin can be dangerous and it is not always possible to identify them by photography or remotely, contact the clinic to solve the problem quickly and without consequences.
- If you are not sure of the diagnosis, see the article " Photos and descriptions of the fungus on the skin ", it is possible to treat the sore with an antifungal ointment.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle, do not eat junk food, move ( recommendations on diet ). Infinite studies have confirmed many times the relationship between lifestyle and human health.
In more detail, individual forms of diseases are described in the relevant articles:
Every year the number of allergic reactions, including dermatitis, is steadily increasing, which is due to the deterioration of the ecological situation and the "unloading" of the immune system in the conditions of civilization. These drugs bind to H1-histamine receptors and block them. Thus, histamine can not contact the receptors. Allergies are suppressed.Read more...
Statistics show that in the first year from the birth of allergic manifestations affect about 6 out of 10 babies. And after 5 years of age - only 2 out of 10. It is very difficult to treat such a chronic chronic recurrent state, as it is usually combined with other diseases.Read more...
Atopic dermatitis in adults is an infectious skin disease that tends to become chronic and develops under the influence of internal diseases, allergic reactions, contact with external stimuli.Read more...
General facts Classification Causes Symptomatics and diagnostics Photo Treatment Allergic dermatitis is a skin inflammatory process, the prerequisite for which is the effect of the irritant-allergen. Pathology proceeds with characteristic symptoms such as redness, itchy feelings, the appearance of sores and vesicles. If with atopic dermatitis (diathesis) parents are most often understood, when the patient still walks under the table, then allergic dermatitis is often the prerogative of adults [...]Read more...
In this article we will consider a simple contact dermatitis of a non-allergic nature. Similar diseases occur after contacting the skin with irritants: chemicals, as a result of friction or high (low) temperature.Read more...