There is a rather large group of drugs used in the treatment of dermatological pathologies such as dermatitis, allergic rashes, etc. These drugs are called corticosteroids among pharmacists. General information Corticosteroids are hormonal substances produced by the adrenal glands to regulate the substance exchange processes. These hormones block the formation of prostaglandins, which, in fact, are the initiators of inflammatory processes. As a result of the correct use of corticosteroids […]Read more...
Dermatitis is an inflammatory skin lesion. Occurs under the action of various stimuli, such as aggressive chemicals or allergens. In 99% of cases, it is not associated with pathogenic microflora and is NOT contagious.
Can be confused with other skin diseases. To avoid this, see the photos and descriptions below:
The most frequent cases
1. Atopic dermatitis (ATD) . Triger ("switch") can be different allergens, but they only trigger the reaction, the mechanism of the disease is much more complicated.
The patient must have a genetic predisposition to AD, the risk increases significantly if one or both parents are allergic. For the first time always manifested in early childhood . An obsolete name for young patients is “diathesis.”
2. Allergic dt Outwardly similar to AD, it is less dangerous, but this does not mean that it should not be treated. Elimination of the allergen and, if necessary, antihistamines give a good effect in 99% of cases.
The allergen may come into contact directly with the skin (household chemicals) or it may enter through the respiratory tract (pollen, dust), through the gut (food allergens). The result of all this is the production of antibodies and an allergic rash if the patient is predisposed to it. Read more on symptoms and treatment .
3. Simple contact dermatitis - skin reaction to aggressive chemicals directly at the point of contact. Selected in a separate paragraph, because the reaction takes place without antibodies and allergens. It is often an occupational disease if the work involves chemicals, cleaning products and constant contact with them.
The first thing to do is to eliminate contact with the irritant and avoid it in the future. For example, to abandon cosmetics and household chemicals, if it is not suitable, use protective equipment in production. Special phase ointments are used in the acute phase.
4. Seborrheic dermatitis is not a rare case. Usually affects the scalp, sometimes the face . This form of the disease is associated with functional disorders of the CNS, which provoke excessive secretions from the sebaceous glands of the skin.
Seborrhea is usually a minor cosmetic defect, but it can cause complications. Fortunately for today, seborrheic dermatitis is successfully treated (more precisely stopped), more .
Rare forms of dermatitis
Dt during . Outwardly similar to herpes, synonym - herpetiform. But the rash begins without the participation of any viruses or bacteria, the mechanism of the disease is autoimmune.
The connection with intolerance or poor tolerance of gluten is known for certain. In addition to the exclusion of cereals from the diet, you need special treatment, more ..
Exfoliative dermatitis in adults (erythroderma) - damage to more than 90% of the skin. Almost always occurs as a complication in severe skin diseases - atopic and seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, lichen edema.
The reason may be improper treatment, self-prescription of drugs, attempts to cure folk remedies. Taking drugs or contact with irritants / allergens can also dramatically worsen the patient's condition.
It is important to stop taking all medications and consult a doctor, you need treatment in a hospital, more .
Dr. Ritter, or exfoliative dt in newborns is a severe form of pemphigus. Has a bacterial origin, is quite dangerous. Only newborns are subject to their skin is particularly sensitive to any pathogens and requires special care.
The treatment is carried out only in the hospital, under the supervision of a physician, more ..
So, if the patient's symptoms are similar to the samples above, follow the appropriate links to learn more about the treatment and prevention of one or another form of dermatitis.
Finally, general recommendations:
- Do not use drugs unnecessarily, especially hormonal (glucocorticosteroids). They give a powerful but short-term effect, when most often the right skin care is sufficient.
- Young children need to periodically apply emollient on the skin. Tender children's skin in an aggressive environment can easily lose its barrier properties, and these drugs are used to protect them.
- Get rid of gastrointestinal problems when they appear. In case of dysbacteriosis, drink a course of bifidobacteria, fortunately they are sold in any pharmacy.
- Skin diseases can be dangerous and it is not always possible to identify them from a photo or remotely, contact the clinic to quickly and without consequences solve the problem.
- If you are not sure of the diagnosis, see the article " Photos and descriptions of the fungus on the skin, " perhaps the sore should be treated with antifungal ointment.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle, do not eat junk food, move ( dietary recommendations ). Endless studies have confirmed many times the relationship of lifestyle and human health.
In more detail the individual forms of diseases are described in the relevant articles:
Each year, the number of allergic reactions, including dermatitis, is steadily increasing, which is associated with environmental degradation and the “unloading” of the immune system in civilization. These drugs bind to the H1-histamine receptors and block them. Thus, histamine cannot bind to receptors. Allergies subside.Read more...
Statistics reports that in the first year after birth, about 6 out of 10 babies suffer from allergic manifestations. And after 5 years of age - only 2 out of 10. It is very difficult to treat such children's chronic recurrent condition, because it is usually combined with other diseases.Read more...
Atopic dermatitis in adults is a non-contagious skin disease, which has a tendency to chronic course and develops under the influence of internal diseases, allergic reactions, contact with external stimuli.Read more...
General facts Classification Causes Symptomatology and diagnosis Photo Treatment Allergic dermatitis - skin inflammation, the cause of which was the effect of an irritant-allergen. Pathology proceeds with characteristic symptoms such as redness, itchy feeling, the appearance of sores and bubbles. If atopic dermatitis (diathesis) is most often dealt with by parents when the patient is still walking under the table, allergic dermatitis is often the prerogative of adults […]Read more...
In this article, we will consider simple contact dermatitis of a non-allergic nature. Such diseases occur after contacting the skin with irritants: chemicals, as a result of friction or high (low) temperature.Read more...