No full analogs
: 57 р. Average online price * : 57 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Go to section: How to properly dilute and compress
Dimexide is a synthetic drug of external use with antiseptic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and fibrinolytic properties. The drug is used in the treatment of skin diseases, muscle and joint pain, as well as in conjunction with other drugs, increasing their penetration through the skin and mucous membranes.
Dimexide (dimethyl sulfoxide) looks like a yellowish liquid with a faint garlic odor. The compound has the ability to easily enter the blood through the intact skin and perfectly dissolve chemicals that are different in structure: salts, alkaloids, antibiotics, vitamins, hormones, cytostatics.
Due to this, the drug accelerates the penetration through the skin of many substances without changing their properties (heparin, glucose, iodine, penicillins, hydrocortisone, diclofenac and organic complex complexes of medicinal plants.
Dimexide is used alone or as one of the components in the complex treatment of the following diseases:
- Pathologies OPS - radiculitis, ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, reactive synovitis, deforming osteoarthrosis (with the defeat of periarticular tissues).
- Red (discoid) lupus.
- Limited scleroderma.
- Reactive synovitis.
- Mycosis of the feet.
- Purulent wounds, trophic ulcers, furunculosis, acne.
- Traumatic infiltrates.
- Keloid scars.
Dosage and administration
The drug is made in the form of a concentrate, which is used in diluted form with the required percentage of the active substance. The solution is washed (irrigation) or wet compresses (tampons) to overlay the affected areas with the capture of the adjacent healthy skin. Compress cover with foil and natural cloth. Duration of applications - from 10 to 15 days. Depending on the disease, Dimexide solution is used as follows:
- In the treatment of trophic ulcers or erysipelas, 30-50% solution of 50-100 ml. 2-3 r. in days
- When treating diffuse streptoderma and eczema, compresses are applied with a 40-90% p-rum.
- When pain and local anesthesia 25-50% solution in the form of a compress 100-150 ml. 2-3 r. In a day.
- On highly sensitive areas and the skin of the face is used 10-30% pp.
- For plastic surgeries, dressings with 10-20% p-rum are applied, applied to the transplanted grafts immediately after the operation and during the postoperative period until they are completely healed. Store skin grafts in a preservative 5% solution of Dimexidum and Ringer.
- Solutions with 10% concentration of the active substance are washed purulent-necrotic inflammatory foci and cavities.
To dilute Dimexidum, the required amount of concentrate is poured into the container and distilled water is added. Vegetable oils can be used instead of water, especially when using tampons. Different concentrations of the drug are obtained by mixing water and medicine in the following proportions:
|The required concentration of the solution||Volume of water, ml||The volume of Dimexidum, ml|
Dimexide is contraindicated in the following cases:
- When hypersensitivity to the drug.
- In severe form of renal or hepatic failure.
- Severe atherosclerosis.
- Myocardial infarction or stenocardia.
- Cataract or glaucoma.
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- At the age of 12 years.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, Dimexide is contraindicated .
With an overdose of the drug may cause allergic reactions. When using undiluted Dimexidum, chemical burns are possible. Rubbing the drug and massaging it also causes burns.
After applying an aqueous solution of Dimexidum, the following side effects are rarely observed:
- Allergic reaction.
- Itching and contact dermatitis.
- Burning and dry skin.
- Erythematous rash.
- Very rarely - bronchospasm.
When an allergic reaction occurs, the use of the drug is discontinued, and, if necessary, they are prescribed histamine H1 receptor blockers.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
Dimexide is available in the form of an orange dropper bottle with 25 ml. undiluted sulfoxide - a clear, colorless liquid with a faint odor, soluble in water and alcohol. Used to prepare a solution for external use. It has antiseptic, antipyretic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and fibrinolytic action.
Quickly penetrates biological membranes, including mucous membranes and skin, increasing their permeability to other drugs. When applications penetrate the blood after 5 minutes, and reaching peak concentration after 5-6 hours. Changes the sensitivity of microflora resistant to antibiotics. It is used in combination with other drugs (previously dissolved in it or after being applied to the skin) for high-quality and deep penetration into tissues.
Before using the drug, it is necessary to test for tolerability by applying the solution to the hand with a tampon. Hypersensitivity and pronounced itching will indicate hypersensitivity.
Prescription. Shelf life 2 years. Store in a dry, dark place, out of reach of children.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.