203 р. Average online price * 203 r. (1 ampoule)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
"Diprospan" is a hormonal drug, which by its pharmacological action belongs to the group of glucocorticoids .
It has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect, and also quickly eliminates the symptoms that accompany the onset of allergic reactions.
Another advantage of this drug is its availability - the price of Diprospan is much lower than for drugs with a similar effect.
The main component of "Diprospana" is betamethasone, which is present in the composition of the drug in two forms:
- betamethasone dipropionate, necessary for providing a prolonged (long) therapeutic effect;
- betamethasone disodium phosphate, which is responsible for the rapid onset of therapeutic effects.
The drug is assigned primarily to suppress inflammatory processes at the cellular level. In addition, the tool has the following properties:
- stimulation of the immune system;
- anti-shock effect;
- blocking allergic attacks.
According to the results of research conducted in scientific laboratories, "Diprospan" can provoke sodium retention in the body, as well as accelerate the excretion of potassium, ammonium and hydrogen ions. When using the recommended doses of the drug, such manifestations are usually absent, or their severity is so small that it has no clinical significance.
The therapeutic effect of "Diprospana" occurs 10 (maximum 20) minutes after the administration of the drug.
The drug is available in injectable form in the form of a solution and suspension. The product is placed in 1 ml ampoules placed in cardboard boxes (each package contains 1 or 5 ampoules).
Indications for use
The drug has a wide range of uses, therefore, is prescribed in the treatment of many diseases involving inflammatory lesions.
- transfusion reactions;
Kidney disease: glomerulonephritis.
- bronchial asthma;
- reaction to insect bites ;
- allergy to medications;
- serum sickness;
- rhinitis permanent and seasonal;
- urticaria ;
- dermatitis atopic form .
Diseases of the digestive system:
- gluten enteropathy;
- ulcerative colitis (non-specific);
- Crohn's disease.
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- heel spur, etc.
- lupus and others
- adrenogenital syndrome;
- adrenal insufficiency (primary and secondary).
Method of application and dosing regimen
There are several ways to administer the drug: intramuscular, intradermal, intraarticular and periarticular (the injection is placed in the area around the joint).
Intramuscular administration. For the treatment of diseases, the drug is prescribed in a dosage of 1-2 ml, which is administered one-time. The interval between injections should be at least 2 weeks, in some cases the interval between injections is 4 weeks.
Intra-articular and periarticular introduction . The dosage of the drug for injections performed by this method of administration depends on the area in which the medicine will be injected:
- hip joint - 1-2 ml;
- shoulder, ankle and knee joints - 1 ml;
- interphalangeal, metacarpophalangeal and sternoclavicular joints - 0.25-5 ml;
- carpal and elbow joints - 0.5-1 ml.
Intradermal introduction. The weekly dosage is 1 ml - it cannot be exceeded in order to prevent negative consequences for the patient's state of health. Usually, doses of from 0.25 to 1 ml are used to ensure a therapeutic effect, but in some cases, the doctor may decide to increase the amount of the drug to 2 ml.
Injections of “Diprospana” most often do not require additional use of anesthetics, as they are painless. However, in individual cases, the use of drugs with analgesic properties is quite possible.
Injections "Diprospana" categorically contraindicated in people who show increased sensitivity to the main active substance. Also it is necessary to take care in the appointment of funds to patients with pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, including:
- ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum;
- abnormal liver function.
Relative contraindications for blockades using Diprospana are:
- nephritic disease;
- mental disorders;
- HIV infection;
Unwanted effects from the use of "Diprospana" usually occur with prolonged therapy with this drug. Among such manifestations may be:
- pathologies of the heart and blood vessels (heart failure, increased pressure);
- fluid retention in tissues and organs, causing the appearance of puffiness;
- weight gain;
- atrophy of the skin (also of the subcutaneous type);
- disorders of muscle metabolism;
- tendon ruptures, osteoporosis;
- eating disorders (flatulence, hiccups, erosions and stomach ulcers);
- increased sweating;
- the appearance of steroid-type acne;
- cycle disorders in women;
- pathologies and disorders of puberty in children and adolescents;
- convulsive syndrome, headaches, migraine;
- depression, psychosis, sleep disorders.
Intra-articular administration of the drug may cause the following side effects:
- blood poisoning (sepsis);
- damage to nerve endings, cartilage and tendons;
- bone necrosis (aseptic);
- microcrystalline arthritis;
- hemorrhage in the joint cavity.
With a single use or use of small doses, "Diprospan" is well tolerated by all age categories of patients.
Precautions and special instructions
The drug can be combined with the treatment of alcohol poisoning, as glucocorticoids reduce the toxic effect of ethyl alcohol on the human body.
Application during pregnancy is possible only in case of urgent need, since the substances that make up the solution and suspension, penetrate the placental barrier to the fetus. If the pregnancy occurred during the treatment with “Diprospan”, the medication should not be abruptly canceled - the doctor should take the drug withdrawal scheme, taking into account the underlying disease, as well as associated pathologies and problems.
During lactation, you should also take into account the fact that glucocorticoids in small quantities are excreted in breast milk.
Injections of "Diprospana" can not be put in the vaccination period, as antibodies under the action of the drug are not produced. After the introduction of the vaccine should take at least 7-10 days.
Drug therapy for pediatric patients necessarily requires regular consultations by an ophthalmologist, as there is a risk of developing cataracts and glaucoma.
Men should take into account that long-term use of "Diprospana" can affect reproductive function by reducing the activity of sperm and deteriorating sperm quality.
Prescription. Shelf life is 3 years. Store in a dark place, out of reach of children, at a temperature of 2-25 ° C.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.