: 1501 р. Average online price * : 1501 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Few people know that herpes can be in the body since its birth, and manifest itself throughout life, especially in people with weak immunity.
To combat it, use various drugs, among which Famciclovir is considered one of the most effective.
The drug has an active effect on the human herpes virus, cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr virus. In the body, the active substance, going into the active form, blocks the formation of the DNA of the virus, and prevents its replication.
Famciclovir is indicated in the following cases:
- Shingles , including its forms with ocular complications caused by Varicella zoster.
- Infection with herpes simplex virus (Herpes simplex) type 1 and 2 during primary infection, during the exacerbation of the chronic form, and during preventive measures.
- Infection with herpes viruses by patients with reduced immunity.
Dosage and administration
Famvir is taken orally, swallowing a whole pill, and washing it down with water. The drug is used immediately when symptoms of the disease appear, and regardless of the meal. With herpes zoster and the patient’s normal immune status, the recommended dose for adults is 0.5 g. 3 r. in days within 7 days
This reduces the duration of postherpetic neuralgia. In the acute phase of the disease, the drug takes 3 r. To combat skin manifestations. in days 250 mg, 2 p. 500 mg or 750 mg once a week. With reduced immunity taken 500 mg 3 p. in days 10 days.
For labial and genital herpes, the following regimens are used:
- Primary infection with genital herpes - 250 mg 3 r. in days within 5 days
- With its recurrence - 1 g 2 doses per day. 1 day, or 125 mg 2 p. per day for 5 days, as well as once 0.5 g, after which 3 doses of 250 g every 12 hours are taken.
- During the recurrence of herpes simplex 1, taking 1.5 g or 750 mg 2 p. per day.
When infected with genital and labial herpes and reduced immunity take 0.5 g 2 p. in days within 7 days
In the prevention of exacerbations of labial herpes take 250 mg 2 p. in days The duration of the course of treatment is different, based on the severity of the disease.
In childhood, the use of the drug is not recommended, as the safety and efficacy of the drug in this age group has not been studied.
Famciclovir is contraindicated in the following cases:
- With high sensitivity to the drug.
- Children up to 18 years.
- In case of renal failure and impaired liver function.
Pregnancy and lactation
The safety of taking the drug during pregnancy and after it is not well understood, so its use is not recommended except in cases where the expected benefit is greater than the potential risk to the embryo or baby.
Medical consultation is required! Read more: treatment of herpes during pregnancy .
About overdose of the drug there is only limited information. In case of violation of Famciclovir dosage in patients with pathology of renal function, acute renal failure was sometimes manifested. After hemodialysis, its concentration in the blood will fall by 75%. In case of overdose, supportive and symptomatic treatment is performed.
After taking Famciclovir, the following side effects may occur:
- From the side of blood-forming organs - cases of thrombocytopenia.
- On the part of the digestive tract, quite often - abdominal cramps, upset, nausea, vomiting.
- From the side of the central nervous system - often headache and dizziness, drowsiness and confusion, very rarely - hallucinations.
- In the liver - a high concentration of bilirubin and transaminase activity, less often - cholestatic jaundice.
- Rare phenomena of arthralgia and myalgia.
- In the excretory system - rarely hypercalcemia, hemaltico-uremic syndrome (with high doses and reduced immunity).
- An allergic reaction is quite often pruritus and skin rashes, less often urticaria and angioedema .
- Other manifestations - increased sweating and sometimes fever.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
The drug contains famciclovir, which acts as an active ingredient. The following components are included in the tablet: colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, MCC, low substituted hyprolosis, fumarate and carboxymethyl starch sodium.
After taking Famciclovir, it is rapidly absorbed and transformed into active pentacyclovir with a bioavailability of 77%. The maximum content in the blood occurs in 45 minutes.
The systemic bioavailability of pentaciclovir does not depend on the time of eating, it also does not accumulate in the body during repeated administrations. The elimination of substances from the body occurs in the form of pentaciclovir, released in unchanged form. The initial form of the drug in the urine is absent.
Famvir in most cases does not affect the driver's ability to drive a car or work with mechanisms.
But for patients who, after taking the medication, feel dizzy, clouding of consciousness, drowsiness and other disorders of the central nervous system, you should refrain from driving a car and driving mechanisms after taking the drug.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.