The only analogue that can be found on sale today is Diprospan.
(Дипроспан) — 206 р. Average price online * (Diprospan) - 206 p.
Instructions for use
Floisterone is the trade name for a hormonal drug that is used in medicine with anti-inflammatory, antirheumatic and antiallergic purpose. Flosterone is used exclusively in the form of injections, acts quickly and effectively, and its price is relatively low compared to other corticosteroids .
Flosterone, like any other hormonal drugs, is mainly used in severe illness or in cases where nonsteroidal drugs are ineffective. Injections of Flosteron are prescribed to patients with such diagnoses:
- inflammatory diseases of the joints: arthritis, spondyloarthritis, synovitis;
- inflammatory diseases of the periarticular tissues: bursitis, tendinitis, fasciitis, epicondylitis, tendosynovitis, myositis;
- diseases accompanied by severe pain: rheumatism, lumbago;
- skin diseases in which other treatments are ineffective: sarcoidosis, granuloma, necrotic lesions, focal alopecia, cicatricial formations, psoriasis, eczema, lichen, neurodermatitis;
- severe and severe allergic reactions: rhinitis , conjunctivitis , asthma, bronchial , angioedema , dermatitis;
- shock condition of various etiologies: burn, traumatic, toxic, anaphylactic shock;
- Systemic diseases of the connective tissue: lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis.
Dosage and administration
A single dose of phlesterone depends on:
- how the drug is administered: intraarticular and periarticular injection allows you to enter up to 2 ml of the drug simultaneously, while for intracutaneous and intramuscular administration a single dose of not more than 1 ml;
- where the drug is injected: up to 1-2 ml of the drug can be administered simultaneously in a large hip joint, medium-sized joints (knee, ankle, elbow) up to 1 ml, into small phalangeal joints up to 0.5 ml;
- to whom the drug is administered: no more than 0.3 ml of the drug can be administered once a day for children aged 3-5 years, 6–14 years old - 0.6 ml
The dosage and method of administration of Flosterone should be determined by the attending physician . These injections are usually well tolerated, but if they are painful, dilution of the drug with a one-percent solution of lidocaine in one syringe is allowed in equal proportions.
The frequency of use is about 1-2 injections per month. It is necessary to adhere to the following rules:
- do not make more than 4 injections into the same joint for a year;
- do not administer more than 1 ml of Flosterone per week with systematic treatment;
- if necessary, a single injection for the relief of a severe allergic reaction or antifungal shock is allowed single-step intramuscular administration of 2 ml of the drug.
Absolute contraindications to the use of Flosterone are:
- age from birth to 3 years;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- introduction to unstable and ankylosing (spliced) joints, intervertebral spaces and Achilles tendon;
- idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura;
- acute infectious diseases of a viral, fungal or bacterial nature, including sepsis, tuberculosis, HIV and the state after vaccination.
With caution applies Phlesterone in the presence of such relative contraindications:
- peptic ulcer of the stomach or small intestine;
- endocrine diseases, including diabetes, hypo-or hyperthyroidism, obesity;
- chronic renal, cardiac or hepatic impairment;
- postoperative and post-traumatic period, including the state after bone fractures and arthroplasty;
- severe deformity of the joints with narrowing of the joint space;
- decrease in blood clotting rates;
- psychosis and epilepsy in the acute stage;
- elderly age;
- children in a period of intensive growth;
- patients without immunity to chickenpox.
The risk of undesirable side effects from the use of Flosterone increases in direct proportion to the duration of its use and the magnitude of the dose received. In this case, the development of the following pathologies is possible:
- diabetes on the background of hormonal drugs;
- dysfunction of the endocrine glands (adrenal glands, ovaries, pituitary);
- increased body hair;
- high blood pressure;
- digestive disorders up to the development of peptic ulcer and internal bleeding;
- bradycardia-type heart rhythm disorder;
- nervous disorders: depression, euphoria, hallucinations, disorientation, insomnia, convulsions, dizziness, migraines, increased intracranial pressure, convulsions;
- visual impairment up to its complete loss due to a significant increase in intraocular pressure;
- weight gain with simultaneous loss of muscle mass;
- weakness and fatigue;
- weakening the growth and regeneration of tissues;
- local allergic reactions (rash, itching, difficulty breathing) and systemic (anaphylactic shock);
- the formation of scars and seals at the injection site, atrophy and necrosis of tissues at the injection site.
Floterone can be purchased at pharmacies as a suspension for injection or in ampoules. 1 ml of Flosterone contains:
- the active ingredient betamethasone - 7 mg, including in the form of a slowly acting depot form and fast-acting compound;
- excipients: purified water, sodium chloride, benzyl alcohol, hydrochloric acid, polyethylene glycol, parabens.
The active ingredient of Phlesterone, betamethasone, is a synthetic analogue of the hormone adrenal glands. After injection, it is concentrated in the blood plasma and easily penetrates the cells, overcoming any biological barriers, including the placental. It acts at the molecular level, exerting an anti-inflammatory and antihistamine effect. The maximum concentration in the blood of Floosterone reaches half an hour after the injection. He splits in the liver before the formation of biologically inactive compounds. Excreted mainly by the kidneys, partly - with bile and breast milk.
To appoint and enter Phlesteron should exclusively doctor. In other cases, serious adverse reactions, including irreversible organic damage, are not excluded.
You must be careful while taking Flosterone and:
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Nise, Ibufen);
- antipsychotic drugs.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.