- Fluconazole Hexal,
- Flucostat .
: 37 р. Average price online (7 pieces of 0.05 g.) * : 37 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use in thrush
Fluconazole is available in 50, 100 and 150 mg in the form of tablets, film-coated, in 1, 2 or 7 pieces per pack.
The drug is included in the list B. Storage should be dry and inaccessible to light with temperatures up to 30 ° C. Its shelf life is 3 years.
Ingested pills have a decent absorption, the speed of which does not depend on food intake. The active component fluconazole successfully penetrates the biological fluids of the body:
- Its concentration in the composition of breast milk, peritoneal and articular fluids, saliva, sputum corresponds to the concentration in the blood plasma.
- The parameters in the vaginal secretion become unchanged after 8 hours after taking the pills and keep at these values for at least a day.
- In the case of fungal meningitis, the saturation of a substance in the cerebrospinal fluid reaches 85% of its level in the composition of the plasma.
- Concentration above the serum is reached in the sweat fluid, the stratum corneum, the epidermis.
- The output is carried out by the kidneys (in the same form - 80%, metabolites - 11%).
Who is prescribed medication
The list of indications for prescribing tablets includes pathology:
- cryptococcosis (an infectious disease caused by yeast fungi Cryptococcus);
- various forms of candidiasis (mucous membranes, genital, esophagus , skin);
- candidal balanitis , as well as balanoposthitis in men ;
- skin mycoses (including groin, body, feet);
- versicolor (variegated, scaly);
As a prophylactic drug, it is recommended to prevent:
- fungal infections in oncology patients,
- cryptococcal infections with AIDS,
- candidal recurrence of candidiasis in AIDS.
Fluconazole tablets are contraindicated in cases of:
- special sensitivity to the drug (as well as to other azole agents against fungi),
- simultaneous reception of astemizol or terfenadine,
- The age of children under 4 years.
It is undesirable to apply medicine to pregnant women. The exceptions are severe or life-threatening fungal infections.
Contraindications relate to the period of breastfeeding due to the accumulation of a substance in breast milk in the same amount as in plasma.
Treatment with this drug can provoke an undesirable result in the form of:
- changes in taste and reduced appetite,
- increased fatigue
- skin rashes
- anaphylactoid reactions (edema, pruritus, urticaria),
- disorders of the kidneys, etc.
During the course of treatment, it is highly undesirable to take alcohol.
Dosage and administration for various diseases
Dose for internal administration is prescribed in accordance with the indications, treatment regimen and clinical picture.
The standard dose is 150 mg for a single dose or once a week, 50 mg for a regular dose.
The dosage can vary from 50 to 400 mg, depending on the clinical picture and the patient's condition. A medical checkup is required.
- Vaginal candidiasis - one dose 150 mg.
- Candidiasis of the mucous membranes (except genital) - from 50 to 100 mg per day (14-30 days).
- Oropharyngeal candidiasis - 50 - 100 mg once a day. Continue from a week to 10 days. With immunosuppression of two weeks or more. Prevention for AIDS patients after the standard course - every week 150 mg.
- Oral atrophic candidiasis in the presence of dentures - 50 mg per day. The treatment is two weeks with simultaneous treatment of the prosthesis with an antiseptic.
Preventive daily dose of 50 - 400 mg, depending on the magnitude of the risk of fungal infection.
- Pityriasis versicolor - 300 mg once a week on the same day of the week. The standard duration of treatment is 2 weeks. Some patients require 3 weeks. The second treatment option for chinexia is 50 mg 1 time per day for 2-4 weeks.
- Onychomycosis - 150 mg once a week before the change of the infected nail. Secondary growth of nails on the hands and feet requires treatment with a duration of 3-6 months and 6-12 months, respectively.
- Endemic deep mycoses - from 200 to 400 mg per day. The treatment is long - up to two years.
- 400 mg on the first day,
- subsequently, 200 to 400 mg once a day.
The duration of treatment depends on the clinical effect, which is confirmed by mycological studies. Cryptococcal meningitis is treated for at least 6 to 8 weeks. In order to prevent the return of this disease in AIDS at the end of the course of initial therapy, tablets of Fluconazole 200 mg are prescribed during the day. The treatment lasts a long time.
The duration of therapy also depends on the mycological and clinical results. But the daily dose should be significantly lower than in adults. The exact dosage is calculated by the doctor .
For children, there are special dosage forms for daily single dose:
- Candidiasis of the mucous membranes and esophagus - 3 mg / kg per day for at least three weeks.
- Generalized candidiasis and cryptococcal infection (not excluding meningitis) - 6-12 mg / kg per day from 10 to 12 weeks.
- Prevention of childhood fungal infections with reduced immunity is performed in doses of 3 to 12 mg / kg per day.
In the treatment of newborns, the interval between administration of the drug (in the same amount as for children older) should be 72 hours. In babies from 2 to 4 weeks, the interval between doses is 48 hours.
Important points that need attention:
- For patients with renal insufficiency, the indicated dosage must be adjusted. In the case of a single reception it does not change.
- Elderly patients with healthy kidneys retain a normal dosing regimen.
- During treatment, careful monitoring of peripheral blood and liver functions is required.
The medication should be continued until the clinical and hematological values are weakened or disappeared. Termination of treatment ahead of time can trigger relapses.
Leave your feedback in the comments!
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.