- Sodium Fuzidate
- Fuzidin sodium
- Fuzidievuyu acid
: 529 р. Average online price * : 529 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Fucidin - an antibacterial drug from the category of antibiotics.
It is used primarily in dermatology to treat skin infections caused by staphylococci, streptococci, etc.
Despite the relatively high cost, Fucidin has several advantages over creams and ointments with the same bactericidal effect:
- can be used even in newborns;
- active against staphylococci resistant to other antibiotics;
- acts even through intact skin.
- skin and soft tissue infections of bacterial origin;
- wound and post-traumatic infection of the skin and soft tissues;
- impetigo (staphyloderma or streptoderma);
- purulent inflammation of the sweat glands or hydradenitis;
- okolonogtevogo felon - inflammation of the skin near the nail;
- purulent inflammation of the hair follicles on the face or sycosis;
- pseudo fungal infections of bacterial origin.
Dosage and administration
Fucidin for external use is used in the treatment of children from birth and adults. At the same time it is necessary to apply 3-4 times a day with a thin layer on the inflamed area of the skin, cleansed beforehand from pus and secretions.
When applying the drug under a gauze bandage, the number of daily procedures can be reduced to 1-2.
The optimal duration of treatment with Fucidin is one week. In some cases, the doctor may recommend a longer treatment course - up to 14 days.
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- fungal or viral skin lesions;
- severe liver pathology.
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should not apply Fucidin over large areas of skin.
Side effects when taking Fucidin are very rare - about 1 in 20-25 patients. Most often there are mild local allergic reactions:
- itching and redness of the skin at the site of application
- urticaria and contact dermatitis;
- burning and tingling sensation on the skin;
- dryness and irritation of the skin.
More rarely, more serious side effects such as eczema, erythema, or swelling of the skin occur.
Extremely rarely, with a wide area of application of the drug, angioedema or toxic liver damage may occur.
|Fucidin Dosage Form||Active substance||Auxiliary components|
|Cream 2%||fuzidovoy acid hemihydrate - 20 mg per 1 g of cream||water paraffin liquid glycerol cetyl alcohol polysorbate paraffin mild hydrochloric acid butyl hydroxyanisol|
|Ointment 2%||sodium fuzidat - 20 mg in 1 g of ointment||paraffin soft paraffin liquid lanolin cetyl alcohol|
With local topical use, Fucidin is poorly absorbed into the skin and does not enter the bloodstream. Therefore, its impact is exclusively local, practically not affecting the viability and functioning of other organs and systems.
Fucidin is not recommended to combine with the use of antibiotic drugs Vancomycin, Gentamicin, Carbenicillin.
The effectiveness of the drug Fucidin can strengthen the bactericidal drug Rifampicin, antibiotics of the tetracycline and penicillin series.
The possibility of a friendly reception of certain medicines must be agreed with the doctor.
Released from pharmacies with a prescription. Shelf life is 3 years, at a temperature not higher than 30 ° C.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.