There is an injection form - cymeven.
: 891 р. Average online price * : 891 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
With the help of zyrgan, you can treat diseases that are a consequence of herpes infection :
- acute superficial keratitis;
Please note that initially ganciclovir in gel dosage form is not intended for the treatment of cytomegalovirus infection of the retina. Although this fact does not exclude the possibility of applying under strict medical supervision.
Despite the effectiveness of the substance ganciclovir (this is the main component of this medication), the medicine should be taken only in consultation with your doctor. Self-diagnosis is often erroneous, and the reaction to Ganciclovir is in most cases individual.
Dosage and administration
Zirgan Eye Antiviral Gel is applied as follows:
- the first phase lasts until complete corneal reepithelization;
- in the first phase of treatment, the dose - 5 times a day, 1 drop;
- instill gently into the lower conjunctival sac of the affected eye, while gently unscrewing the edge;
- the second phase lasts 7 days;
- in the second phase, the dose - 3 times in 1 drop;
- the general course of treatment is 21 days;
- prolong the duration of the treatment is not recommended.
When using the drug zirgan should consider a number of contraindications:
- individual intolerance to acyclovir, ganciclovir and any single component (hypersensitivity can lead to allergic reactions);
- age of children under 12 years old;
- lactation period;
- state of pregnancy.
It should be noted that:
- The drug fights the herpes virus and its effects. Conjunctivitis and keratitis due to other viruses zirganom not treated;
- patients with identified immunodeficiency should not be independently treated with this drug. Research on this subject has not been conducted, data from the manufacturer are not available.
Experiments are inappropriate. To undergo an accurate diagnosis, be sure to visit doctors (ophthalmologist, immunologist, virologist).
- It is unacceptable to use Ganciclovir eye gel against the background of working with complex instruments and equipment, as well as while driving (the drug can affect concentration);
- contact of the drug with soft contact lenses is contraindicated (they must be removed from the eyes and installed after instillation of the drug zirgan not earlier than after 15 minutes);
- the drug has genotoxicity, so people of childbearing age at the end of the course of treatment must observe the rules of local contraception for 3 months (especially if a possible pregnancy is desired).
Pregnancy and lactation
In the state of pregnancy and during breastfeeding, zirgan is not recommended for women. In extreme cases, the issue is resolved individually with a competent doctor.
Of the side effects most common:
- conjunctival hyperemia;
- burning in the eye of a transient nature;
- superficial speckled (point) keratitis;
- tingling in the eye;
- irritation of the mucous membrane of the affected eye;
- temporary blurred vision;
Attention! Most often, side effects arise due to excessive abuse of zirgan or due to individual intolerance. Immediately contact your doctor to decide on the further use of the substance Ganciclovir or its abolition.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
This drug is an antiviral drug for topical use. Designed specifically to solve ophthalmic problems. The composition of the drug:
- The main active ingredient is the Ganciclovir component (1.5 mg / 1 g of zirgan eye gel);
- excipients - purified water, sorbitol, benzalkonium chloride, sodium hydroxide, carbomer.
The active substance ganciclovir inhibits the replication of human herpes simplex virus (both types 1 and 2). According to the results of observation of patients, after the first 10-15 days of treatment of superficial keratitis with zirgan, a herpetic lesion is significantly reduced.
What else you need to know about ZIRGAN®:
- packaging - tube 5 g;
- keep out of reach of children;
- storage temperature not higher than 25 degrees;
- in sealed form, the storage period is 3 years;
- after opening the tube, use zirgan for 4 weeks (dispose of the unused residue);
- Santen (Moscow) is a distributor in the Russian Federation;
- Farmila-Thea Pharmaceutici S.p.A (Italy);
- holder of the Certificate of Registration Laboratories Thea (France).
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.