, 559 р. Average online price * , 559 r. (500 thousand IU)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Genferon is usually prescribed for urogenital diseases, Genferon Light is usually used for simple ARVI.
Genferon and Genferon Light are a combination drug that includes antiviral, antimicrobial, and immunomodulating agents.
One of these - interferon alpha-2, which helps to enhance the activity of natural killer cells, E-helper cells and phagocytes. Taurine, which is one of the components of the drug, is characterized as an antioxidant agent that promotes rapid tissue regeneration.
Benzocaine contained in the drug is a local anesthetic that reduces the permeability of cell membranes and blocks the conduction of nerve impulses.
Indications for use
Candles Genferon prescribed in the preparation of a plan for the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the urogenital area. Indications for use include:
- Genital herpes
- Recurrent vaginal candidiasis
- The presence of human papillomavirus infections
- Cervical erosion
- Urethritis and others
As for Genefron Light, he is appointed:
- When diagnosed with acute viral infections of the respiratory nature and other infectious diseases, the causative agent of which are bacteria and viruses in children
- For the treatment of infectious diseases of the genitourinary tract, especially in pregnant women
How to use
- In case of diseases of the urogenital area in women, a means of intravaginal use should be used - 1 candle at a dosage of 250,000 or 500,000 IU (the dosage is selected depending on the severity and neglect of the disease) 2 times a day. The course of treatment is 10 days.
- In the presence of chronic diseases, the drug is prescribed as follows: 1 candle 3 times a week, i.e. in one day. The course of treatment 1-3 months
- For the treatment of men with infectious and inflammatory diseases of the urogenital sphere, the drug is placed in the rectum and 1 suppository dosage 500 000 - 1 000 000 IU (determined by the severity of the disease) twice a day for 10 days
Genferon Light candles can also be used both vaginally and rectally. The dosage and route of administration are determined by the age of the patient and the severity of the clinical course of the disease.
- For adults and children over 7 years old, the drug is used at a dosage of 250,000 IU per candle.
- For children under 7 years old, the recommended dose of the active substance per 1 candle is 125,000 IU
- For pregnant women who are 13-40 weeks old, the drug is used with a dosage of 250,000 IU per candle
According to the treatment regimen they rely on the disease. So, if Genferon Light is used when:
- Acute respiratory viral infections and other diseases caused by viruses are assigned 1 candle to the rectum twice a day with a break between taking the drug at 12 o'clock. The term of treatment is 5 days. If the symptoms persist, you should rest for 5 days and repeat the course again.
- Chronic infectious-inflammatory diseases caused by viruses in children are recommended to use 1 candle in the rectum twice a day with a break between doses of 12 hours. The course of treatment is 10 days. After that, it is necessary to use 1 suppository in the rectum at night every other day for 1-3 months (only the doctor will tell you the exact duration of treatment)
- Acute courses of diseases of the urogenital sphere of an infectious-inflammatory nature in children should be applied to 1 candle in direct rectum twice a day, observing the 12-hour interval for 10 days
- Diseases of the infectious-inflammatory nature of the urogenital tract in pregnant women are recommended to use 1 candle vaginally twice a day with an interval of 12 hours between doses. The course of treatment is 10 days.
- Diseases of the infectious-inflammatory nature of the urogenital sphere in women use 1 candle vaginally or into the rectum (the route of administration is determined by the nature of the disease) twice a day with an interval of 12 hours. Course duration - 10 days. If there is a prolonged form of the disease, you need to use the drug three times a week every other day for 1 candle. The course is 1-3 months.
Pregnancy and feeding
Genferon Light is allowed to be consumed during pregnancy. In the case of Genferon during pregnancy and lactation for the appointment of the drug in 2-3 trimester, the expected benefits for the health of the mother should be correlated with the possible risk to the fetus. Early suppositories are not recommended for use.
At the moment, cases of overdose is not fixed. If more candles are put out than prescribed according to the instructions, it is worth stopping the treatment course for 24 hours, then it is allowed to continue according to the already proposed scheme.
- Skin rash
- Itching, incl. and in the genital area (such an allergic reaction can occur within 72 hours after stopping therapy with suppositories)
- Increased sweating
- Worse appetite
- Joint pain
- Leuko- and thrombocytopenia, which are more common when exceeding the daily dosage of more than 10 000 000 IU. It is worth further to consult with your doctor about dose adjustment or refusal of further treatment with this tool.
Expiration date - 2 years. Store the drug is required at a temperature of 2 to 8 degrees and out of the reach of children.
Genferon and Genferon Light do not have any impact on the performance of hazardous activities that require maximum concentration and attention.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.