The list of drugs based on acyclovir is very large, we give only what is in pharmacies today:
Today, the herpevir is not available in Russia, see analogues. The price of acyclovir tablets starts at 150 p., Ointment - from 50 p.
Instructions for use
Herpes virus is found in every third person. And considering latent carriers, then in 90% of people. The herpes virus is very contagious, so when the first symptoms appear, it is advisable to avoid direct contacts (kisses, handshakes) and take antiviral drugs.
Treatment should also be carried out because herpes rashes give a person psychological discomfort and do not look aesthetically pleasing. One of the antiviral drugs effective against the herpes virus is Gerpevir.
Herpevir will be effective for:
- herpes simplex virus infections , including genital ones ;
- preventing the recurrence of herpes simplex infections in people with normal immunity and immunodeficiency;
- treatment of chicken pox and herpes zoster caused by the causative agent of the Herpesvirus family - Varicella zoster.
Herpevir is effective for treating infections of the skin and mucous membranes.
Mode of application
Treatment should begin immediately with the appearance of the first rash or even before the onset of clinical symptoms.
Tablets Gerpevir is taken orally, completely, washed down with water. For infections of the herpes simplex virus, the frequency of administration is 5 times a day. The drug is taken in 200 mg at regular intervals, except for the night period. The duration of treatment is 5 days. For patients with immunodeficiency or impaired intestinal absorption, the dose of Gerpevir can be doubled (up to 400 mg).
For the prevention of recurrence of the disease, Gerpevir is taken 200 mg 4 times a day or 400 mg 2 times a day, preferably with the same time interval.
With chickenpox and herpes zoster, Gerpevir tablets are prescribed 800 mg 5 times a day. The course of treatment is a week.
Gerpevir tablets are approved for use by children from 2 years, but the recommended dosage is calculated based on the weight of the child.
Herpevir ointment is used for external use only. Apply 5 times a day to areas where rashes appear. Approved for use from 12 years.
Contraindications are only hypersensitivity to the active substance (acyclovir) or additional components.
Pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant women Gerpevir prescribed in extreme cases, when the benefits to women are significantly higher than the risk to the fetus.
With standard prescriptions - five times 200 mg - Gerpevir penetrates into breast milk and is found in the baby’s blood, so the use of tablets in nursing is inappropriate. In extreme cases, it is possible to use Gerpevir ointment topically.
With a significant excess of the dose of tablets, the following manifestations are possible:
- nausea or vomiting;
- neurological disorders (confusion, headache, hallucinations).
If such symptoms occur, seek medical attention for hemodialysis.
In case of excessive application of the ointment, skin peeling or burning pain may occur, which disappear after stopping the use of Gerpevir.
When you receive Gerpevir may occur:
- systemic allergic reactions;
- mental disorders (arousal of the nervous system, convulsions, drowsiness, hallucinations);
- diarrhea, abdominal pain;
- liver disease;
- urticaria, itching;
- renal failure, increased urea levels.
If excessive application of the ointment Gerpevir can cause allergic reactions (acute pain, dryness, peeling, itching, redness).
The active component of the ointment and tablets is Acyclovir, which exhibits antiviral activity. It acts selectively on viral cells without damaging the cells of the person himself. It is very effective against types I and II of the herpes virus, cytomegalovirus, Epstein-Barr virus, chicken pox and herpes zoster.
Herpevir as an ointment has no systemic effect even when the therapeutic dose is exceeded.
Herpevir tablets absorbed in the intestines. Most are excreted by the kidneys unchanged. In cases of impaired renal function, the elimination half-life increases. In large quantities, the drug is found in the cerebrospinal fluid.
- It is necessary to adjust the dose of Gerpevir to patients with renal insufficiency, as well as to elderly people.
- Neurological adverse events are most likely in patients with renal insufficiency, which requires special monitoring by doctors.
- Herpevir does not affect the reaction rate, but individual side effects in each patient should be considered.
- Avoid getting Gerpevir ointment in the eye.
- The ointment is intended for skin use only, in particular, lips and face. It is not recommended to apply it on the mucous membranes of the mouth, eyes, genitals.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.