List of structural analogues (with the same active substance):
The list of analogues based on other corticosteroids:
A list of all the popular GCS and their features.
When choosing analogs, pay attention to the capacity of the tube.
27 р. Average online price * 27 r. (tube 10 g)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Important: the drug is sensitive to storage conditions, the recommended temperature is 8–15 ° C.
The drug contains a glucocorticosteroid hormone of artificial origin, which allows you to stop the pathological mechanisms, as well as restore the affected skin.
Hydrocortisone has anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, anti-allergic and anti-edema effects.
Indications for use
- inflammatory and allergic skin diseases characterized by non-microbial etiology, as well as the presence of itching;
- allergic dermatitis and contact ;
- neurodermatitis ;
- insect bites ;
- seborrhea .
Dosage and administration
The ointment should be applied to the affected skin areas as thin as possible, at least twice a day. The duration of the full treatment course depends entirely on the nature and severity of the disease. The average duration of therapy is about ten days, and in the complicated form, the duration of treatment can be prolonged up to twenty days.
The use of ointment in children requires limiting the total duration of treatment to two weeks in combination with the exception of measures leading to increased absorption of the active substance, including the use of warming, fixing and occlusive dressings .
The drug based on hydrocortisone acetate is contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or auxiliary components of the drug;
- in the presence of wound and ulcerative skin lesions;
- in case of skin diseases of a bacterial, viral or fungal nature;
- in skin form of tuberculosis or syphilitic lesions of the skin;
- with tumor skin changes, as well as rosacea, acne vulgaris, perioral dermatitis ;
- during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
The absolute contraindication is the child age up to two years .
The drug should be used with extreme caution and under the supervision of a physician in the presence of:
- systemic tuberculosis lesions.
Sometimes there is hyperemia, swelling and itching in the areas of application. Prolonged use of the drug can provoke the development of a secondary infection of the skin, as well as atrophic changes in the skin and hypertrichosis. In addition, prolonged use of the ointment in combination with an occlusive dressing on large areas of skin lesions, can cause the development of symptoms characteristic of hypercortisolism, which is caused by the manifestation of resorptive activity of hydrocortisone.
The occurrence of acute overdose is unlikely, however, excessive or prolonged use of the drug can stimulate chronic overdose, accompanied by symptoms of hypercorticism. In case of overdose, the appointment of symptomatic treatment. The manifestation of toxic effects of a chronic nature requires the gradual withdrawal of the drug.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
The active substance is represented by hydrocortisone acetate in an amount of 1.0 gram. Auxiliary substances that make up the ointment are:
- methyl parahydroxybenzoate or nipagin in an amount of 0.08 grams;
- propyl parahydroxybenzoate or nipazol in an amount of 0.02 grams;
- vaseline in the amount of 45 grams;
- stearic acid in the amount of 3 grams;
- anhydrous lanolin in the amount of 10 grams;
- pentaerythritol dioleate or pentol in the amount of 5 grams;
- purified water to 100 grams of ointment.
In the case of the use of ointment in children in the face and using occlusive dressings, the total duration of treatment should not exceed fourteen days. Children aged two to twelve years of the drug is prescribed only under medical supervision.
If the therapy with the use of ointment for seven days did not lead to an improvement, then the drug should be discontinued and seek advice from a medical institution.
Long-term treatment, as well as the application of ointment on a significant skin surface, requires the appointment of a diet and sodium restriction against the background of an increase in the amount of potassium. It is advisable to introduce in the diet a sufficient amount of protein.
Particular attention should be paid to control of blood pressure, blood glucose, as well as indicators of blood coagulation, diuresis, body weight of the patient and the concentration of cortisol in plasma. Prevention of infectious lesions contributes to the simultaneous appointment of antibacterial and antifungal agents.
Shelf life is 3 years, at a temperature of 8–15 ° C, out of the reach of children. It is released without a prescription.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.