If your usual lush and shiny hair suddenly begins to fade, itching, hair thinning and falling out, it's time to sound the alarm: it is possible you got such an unpleasant problem as a fungus of the scalp. This disease is not very dangerous. you life, complicating its many small troubles.
But do not despair: successful examples of treatment of fungus of the scalp suggest that modern medicine is able to cope with this ailment.
Of course, each of the diseases has its own signs, but there are also common symptoms of scalp fungus. These include:
- Sharp and gratuitous deterioration of the appearance of the hair.
- Dryness and brittleness, hair loss.
- The appearance of abundant dandruff (both dry and oily).
- Itching, reddening of the skin, the appearance of rounded pink plaques that may have small yellowish / grayish scales.
- In some forms of the fungus of the scalp even purulent inflammations can be observed.
If you have not changed your cosmetic for hair and are not subjected to severe stress, but you still have one or more of these symptoms, immediately contact a specialist. The trichologist will be able to determine by the external signs of the hair, as well as using the results of culture analyzes and bacteriological cultures, what kind of mycosis (the so-called fungus) struck you.
Common diseases and their symptoms
- Microsporia. One of the most rapidly spreading fungal diseases. Its distinctive features are that redness appears on the skin, which can then become covered by small bubbles. The hair at the site of the lesion becomes brittle and falls out.
- Trichophytosis. A more common version of the name of this disease is ringworm. As in the case of other fungal diseases, this disease manifests itself in the form of itching, peeling of the skin, the appearance of red areas, hair breakage, and the formation of a gray bloom at the site of hair breakage. There is also a deep form of trichophytia, which is characterized by the formation of swelling with clearly visible red or bluish contours. These foci of inflammation may have small bubbles and crusts, inside which accumulate purulent discharge. In addition, with a deep form of ringworm, symptoms such as general malaise, a rash on the body, swelling in the areas of the lymph nodes, and deformation of the nail plates can appear.
- Favus Its other name is scab. The disease as a whole is not typical for our latitudes, it is common in Asian countries and in the Middle East. However, there are cases of the disease in European countries. The disease begins with the appearance of yellowish crusts, which, if left untreated, expand. Hair under the lesions atrophy and fall out, leading to baldness.
Treatment of head fungus cannot be started without finding out the cause of the disease. Most often, susceptibility to this problem is caused by a general weakening of the immune system, stresses, which make the body more defenseless against fungi, viruses and bacteria.
In addition, non-compliance with the rules of personal hygiene, the use of foreign combs and hats can also lead to problems with the scalp. Therefore, to protect against the fungus, it is necessary, first of all, to avoid such situations.
Features of treatment
Due to the complex nature of the disease, it will be a great risk to prescribe yourself procedures and medications on your own. Therefore, let the doctor decide how to treat the fungus on the head.
Depending on the type of mycosis, the doctor prescribes certain drugs that have complex systemic effects on the body. A complicating factor is often the fact that most of the internal antifungal drugs, for all their effectiveness, also have contraindications.
For example, many of them are undesirable for patients with kidney problems, suffering from blood diseases, impaired metabolism, and oncology.
In addition to internal drugs, local medicines are also prescribed. These include, first of all, antifungal shampoos :
and so on, as well as balms and ointments.
Consider specific examples of the use of drugs for a fungal disease of the scalp.
- In the treatment of microsporia using local preparations - Terbizil and Termikon ointments, which are applied to the affected areas 1-2 times a day. Funds applied to the skin of the head with a thin layer and rub gently. On average, the period of use of these local drugs is 2-4 weeks. As for the drugs prescribed by mouth, griseofulvin should be isolated: it is used 3-4 times a day with meals (see instructions ). To the drug is better absorbed, it is recommended to take it in a tea false vegetable oil. Treatment shall appoint a doctor, but it usually lasts about one and a half or two months.
- In the treatment of Trichophyton appoint the same ointment that when trihoforii. Furthermore they can be once a day for two weeks use microspores ointment which is applied a thin layer. If the disease has shifted to a chronic level, Arievich’s method can be assigned for detaching the stratum corneum. A milky salicylic ointment is applied as a compress for two days, which is then replaced by a new compress with 2-5% salicylic or salicylic zinc ointment. After that, the horny layer of the skin is removed with a blunt scalpel, and the black dots left from the hair are removed with tweezers.
- On crusted ringworm can affect the same drugs as in trichophytosis. Also inside the 1 times a day appointed Irunine , course of treatment is 21 days. Internally, you can use, including the ointment of batrafen, which is applied in a thin layer on the affected skin twice a day for 14 days.
There are many methods of treating head fungus accumulated by centuries using folk remedies. But it is necessary to understand that their effectiveness is often in doubt. Antifungal shampoo from a pharmacy for 300 rubles will be much more effective.
Of course, it will be unwise to rely only on traditional medicine , completely ignoring the advice of a doctor, but to supplement traditional traditional medicine is a more or less acceptable option.
Eucalyptus oil is considered to be an effective means of affecting the fungal lesions of the scalp under the condition of a mild course of the disease. It is recommended to drip a few drops of oil on the comb and apply it in this way on the hair and scalp.
If you are bugged itching and redness of the skin, you can use the following recipe. You need to mix a teaspoon of garlic juice with the same amount of olive oil and lemon juice. The mixture obtained with a cotton sponge is applied to the affected areas, after which you need to wear a plastic hat or wrap your head with a film and wait an hour. Then you need to wash your hair with shampoo. Acetic water is used to rinse the hair: 2 tablespoons of vinegar (table) should be diluted in a liter of water.
You can make compresses from the roots of celandine . For this preparation, the infusion needs to grind 300 grams of the specified plant materials, pour 0.5 liters of vodka over them, cork and leave to infuse for a week in a dark, cool place. When the infusion is prepared, it is necessary to shake the container, drain and compresses.