If your usual lush and shiny head of hair begins to fade, itching, hair thinning and falling out, it's time to sound an alarm: it's quite possible you got such an unpleasant problem as the scalp fungus. This disease is not very dangerous, but it can significantly spoil You life, complicating it with a lot of small troubles.
However, do not despair: successful examples of treatment of the fungus of the scalp indicate that modern medicine is able to cope with this ailment.
Of course, each of the diseases has its own signs, but there are general symptoms of the fungus of the scalp. These include:
- Sharp and causeless deterioration of the appearance of the head of hear.
- Dryness and fragility, hair loss.
- The appearance of abundant dandruff (both dry and fatty).
- Itching, redness of the skin, the appearance of pink plaques of rounded shape, which can have small yellowish / grayish scales.
- At some forms of a fungus of a pilar part of a head even purulent inflammations can be observed.
If you did not change your hair conditioner and were not subjected to severe stress, but you still had one or more of these symptoms, contact a specialist immediately. The trichologist doctor will manage by the external signs of the hair, and also using the results of culture tests and bacteriological cultures, to determine which mycosis (the so-called fungus) has amazed you.
Frequent diseases and their signs
- Microsporia. One of the most rapidly spreading fungal diseases. Its distinctive features consist in the appearance of redness on the skin, which can then be covered with small bubbles. Hair in the place of spread of the hearth becomes brittle and falls out.
- Trichophytosis. A more common variant of the name of this disease is ringworm. As in the case of other fungal diseases, this disease manifests itself in the form of itching, scaling of the skin, the appearance of red areas, brittle hair, and the formation of a gray patch at the site of hair breakage. There is also a deep form of trichophytosis, which is characterized by the formation of swelling with clearly discernable contours of red or bluish tinge. These foci of inflammation can have small bubbles and crusts, inside of which purulent secretions accumulate. In addition, with a deep form of ringworm, symptoms such as general malaise, a rash on the body, swelling in the lymph nodes, deformation of the nail plates may appear.
- Favus. Its other name is scab. The disease as a whole is not typical for our latitudes, it is common in Asian countries and in the Middle East. However, there are also cases of disease in European countries. The disease begins with the appearance of crusts of a yellowish hue, which, in the absence of treatment, grow. The hair under the lesions is atrophied and falls out, leading to alopecia.
Treatment of the fungus of the head can not begin without clarifying the cause of the disease. Most often, susceptibility to this problem is due to the general weakening of immunity, stresses that make the body more vulnerable to fungi, viruses and bacteria.
In addition, non-compliance with personal hygiene rules, the use of other people's hairbrushes and headgear can also lead to problems with the scalp. Therefore, to protect against fungus is, first of all, to avoid such situations.
Features of treatment
Due to the complex nature of the disease, prescribing procedures and medications for oneself will be a big risk. Therefore, let the doctor decide what to treat the fungus on his head.
Depending on the variety of mycosis, the doctor prescribes those or other drugs that have a complex systemic effect on the body. A complicating factor is often the fact that most internal antifungal drugs, for all their effectiveness, have contraindications.
So, for example, many of them are undesirable to accept patients having problems with kidneys, suffering from blood diseases, impaired metabolism, and also oncology.
In addition to domestic drugs, local medicines are also prescribed. These include, in the first place, antifungal shampoos :
And so on, as well as balms and ointments.
Let us consider specific examples of the use of medications for a particular fungal disease of the scalp.
- In the treatment of microsporia, local preparations are used - Terbizil ointments and Thermicon, which are applied to the affected areas 1-2 times a day. The funds are applied to the scalp with a thin layer and gently rub off. On average, the period of application of these local drugs is 2-4 weeks. As for drugs prescribed inwards, you need to allocate griseofulvin : it is used 3-4 times a day during meals (see instructions ). In order for the drug to be better absorbed, it is recommended to take it in a teaspoonful of vegetable oil. The term of treatment is prescribed by the doctor, but usually it lasts about one and a half to two months.
- In the treatment of trichophytosis, the same ointments are prescribed as in trichophoria. In addition to them, you can use once a day for two weeks the ointment microspores, which is applied in a thin layer. If the disease has passed to a chronic level, the Arievich method may be used to detach the stratum corneum. In the form of a compress for two days, a dairy salicylic ointment is applied, which is then replaced by a new compress with 2-5% salicylic or salicylic-zinc ointment. After that the horny layer of the skin is removed with a blunt scalpel, and the black dots remaining from the hair are tweezers.
- The favus can be influenced by the same drugs as trichophytosis. Also inside once a day Irunin is prescribed , the course of treatment is 21 days. Internally you can use, including, batrafen ointment, which is applied a thin layer on the affected skin areas twice a day for 14 days.
There are many ways of treating the fungus of the head with folk remedies accumulated over the centuries. But it is necessary to understand that their effectiveness is often in doubt. Antifungal shampoo from the pharmacy for 300 r will be much more effective.
Of course, rely only on traditional medicine , completely ignoring the advice of a doctor, it would be unreasonable, but complement traditional medicine - a more or less acceptable option.
Eucalyptus oil is considered to be an effective means of affecting the fungal lesions of the scalp, provided that the disease is mild. It is recommended to drip a few drops of oil on the comb and apply it in this way to the hair and scalp.
If you are prone to itching and redness of the skin, you can use the following recipe. You need to mix a teaspoon of garlic juice with the same amount of olive oil and lemon juice. The resulting mixture with cotton sponge is applied to the lesions, after which it is necessary to put on a cellophane cap or wrap the head with a film and wait an hour. Then you need to wash your head with shampoo. To rinse the hair, acetic water is prepared: dilute in a liter of water 2 tablespoons of vinegar (table).
You can make compresses from the roots of celandine . For this preparation, it is necessary to crush 300 grams of this plant raw material, pour in 0.5 liters of vodka, cork and leave to insist for a week in a dark cool place. When the infusion is ready, you need to shake the container, strain and do compresses.