- Griseofulvina suspension;
: 253 р. Average online price * : 253 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
International Non-proprietary Name: Griseofulvin.
- potato starch;
- lactose (milk sugar);
- calcium stearate;
- polyvinylpyrrolidone (povidone) low molecular weight.
Fights against mushrooms of the genus Trichophyton, Microsporum, Epydermophyton Achorionum. It provokes a violation of the structure of the mitotic spindle (a set of chromosomes, poles and fibers) and the synthesis of the cell wall of chitin-containing fungi, inhibits the growth of fungal cells in metaphase (the second phase of indirect cell division) and protein synthesis due to a violation of the matrix ribonucleic acid. It tends to accumulate in the cells of the skin, hair and nails, thereby helping the keratin to be more resistant to fungal invasion (infection). As soon as an infected keratin is separated, it is replaced with a healthier tissue.
Absorption is quite high: microcrystalline form 25-70%, ultramicrocrystalline form almost 100%. The absorption process is enhanced after taking fatty foods. The limit of the drug concentration in the blood is fixed 4-5 hours after administration, the maximum saturation of griseofulvin in plasma is 0.5-5 mg / l. Interaction with plasma proteins - 80%. It selectively accumulates in the stratum corneum (the outermost layer of the epidermis) and its appendages, as well as in the liver, fatty tissue, and skeletal muscles. A small amount is dispersed in body fluids and tissues. Penetrates through the placenta. Metabolized (decomposed) in the liver with the formation of inactive metabolites (metabolic products), in particular, 6-methylgrisofulvin and glucuronide derivative. For 24 hours, the half-life of the drug occurs. Excreted by the kidneys (including 1% unchanged) and the intestines (36% of the unchanged form).
Indications for use
- microsporia smooth skin;
- skin mycosis;
- onychomycosis ( severe form );
- athlete smooth skin;
- microsporia of the scalp;
- high sensitivity;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- lupus-like syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus;
- systemic blood diseases;
- liver failure;
- leukopenia (low white blood cell count);
- organic liver and kidney disease;
- malignant neoplasms;
- It is recommended to use non-hormonal methods of contraception, as griseofulvin adversely affects the reproductive performance of both men and women;
- patients must refrain from possibly dangerous activities that require increased level of attention and quickness of the psychomotor reaction;
- It is not recommended to use griseofulvin in mild forms of the disease, when it is possible to confine with antifungal agents for external use.
Dosage and recommended dosage
Take only as prescribed by a doctor.
Griseofulvin is used inside, after food, for one or several receptions.
Adults are recommended 500 mg / day, and in severe forms the dosage should be increased.
Children - 10 mg / kg per day.
The duration of treatment for severe mycoses up to 12 months.
The course for mycoses on the body lasts 2-4 weeks, in the case of the fungus of the scalp - 4-6 weeks, mycosis of the feet - 4-8 weeks, the lesion of the fingers - not less than 4 months, and finally, for the toes, the treatment lasts not less than 6 months.
The highest limit of the daily rate - 1 g.
- fast fatiguability;
- sleep disturbance;
- damage to the nerves of the peripheral nervous system (peripheral neuropathy);
- lack of coordination;
- loss of the right ideas about time and space (disorientation);
- necrosis of the skin surface, the appearance of "goosebumps" or unnatural pain when touching (paresthesia of the extremities);
- stomach pain (gastralgia);
- disease of the oral mucosa (candidal stomatitis, occurs in both adults and children );
Blood formation organs:
- reduction of granulocyte content (granulocytopenia);
- reduction in blood neutrophils (agranulocytosis);
- decrease in the number of leukocytes (leukopenia).
In rare cases, severe allergic bullous dermatitis (toxic epidermal necrolysis or Lyell's syndrome) is possible.
Not identified. Hypersensitivity to griseofulvin may occur, as a result of which it is necessary to refuse to take the drug. The attending physician should prescribe desensitizing agents (alleviate the allergic reaction).
Treatment with overdose
The attending physician prescribes symptomatic therapy.
What drugs and substances can not be taken with griseofulvin:
- Ethanol Its effect is enhanced.
- Estrogen-containing oral contraceptives and anticoagulants of indirect type of action. Their activity decreases.
- Primidone and barbiturates. They lower antifungal effects.
Store tablets should be in a dry place. The temperature of the horn is not higher than 20 ° С.
3 years 6 months.
Leave your feedback in the comments!
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.