- Griseofulvin suspension;
: 253 р. The average price online * : 253 р.
Where can I buy:
Instructions for use
International non-proprietary name: Griseofulvin.
- potato starch;
- Lactose (milk sugar);
- Calcium stearate;
- Polyvinylpyrrolidone (povidone) low molecular weight.
Struggles with fungi of the genus Trichophyton, Microsporum, Epydermophyton Achorionum. It provokes a disturbance in the structure of the mitotic spindle (a combination of chromosomes, poles and fibers) and the synthesis of the cell wall of chitinous fungi, inhibits the multiplication of fungal cells in metaphase (the second phase of indirect division of the cell) and protein synthesis due to disruption of the bond with the matrix ribonucleic acid. It has the property of accumulating in the skin cells, hair and nails, thus helping the keratin to be more resistant to fungal infestation (infection). As soon as the infected keratin is separated, it changes its healthier tissue.
Absorption is quite high: the microcrystalline form is 25-70%, the ultra-microcrystalline form is almost 100%. The absorption process is enhanced by the intake of fatty foods. The concentration limit of the drug in the blood is fixed in 4-5 hours after administration, the maximum saturation of griseofulvin in the plasma is 0.5-5 mg / l. Interaction with plasma proteins - 80%. Selectively accumulates in the horny layer of the skin (the outermost layer of the epidermis) and its appendages, as well as in the liver, fatty tissue, skeletal musculature. A small amount is dispersed in the fluids and tissues of the body. Penetrates through the placenta. Metabolized (broken down) in the liver with the formation of inactive metabolites (metabolic products), and in particular, 6-methylgrisoofulvin and the glucuronide derivative. Half-life of the drug occurs within 24 hours. It is excreted by the kidneys (including 1% unchanged) and intestines (36% of the unchanged species).
Indications for use
- Microsporia of smooth skin;
- Mycosis of the skin;
- Onychomycosis ( severe form );
- Epidermophytia of smooth skin;
- Microsporia of the scalp;
- High sensitivity;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Lupus-like syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Systemic diseases of the blood;
- liver failure;
- Leukopenia (low white blood cell count);
- Organic liver and kidney disease;
- Malignant neoplasms;
- It is recommended to use non-hormonal methods of contraception, since griseofulvin negatively affects the reproductive capacity of both men and women;
- Patients are obliged to refrain from potentially dangerous activities that require an increased level of attention and speed of the psychomotor reaction;
- It is not recommended to use griseofulvin for mild forms of the disease, when it is possible to confine oneself to external antifungal agents.
Method of application and recommended dosage
Take only as directed by a doctor.
Griseofulvin is used inside, after a meal, for one or more doses.
Adults recommended 500 mg / day, and in severe forms, the dosage should be increased.
Children - 10 mg / kg per day.
Duration of treatment in severe fungal infections up to 12 months.
The course with mycosis on the body lasts 2-4 weeks, in the case of the fungus of the scalp - 4-6 weeks, mycosis of the feet - 4-8 weeks, the defeat of the fingers - at least 4 months, and finally, for the toes treatment lasts Not less than 6 months.
The highest limit of the daily rate is 1 g.
- fast fatiguability;
- sleep disturbance;
- Defeat of the nerves of the peripheral nervous system (peripheral neuropathy);
- Lack of coordination;
- Loss of correct ideas about time and space (disorientation);
- Necrosis of the skin surface, the appearance of "goosebumps" or unnatural tenderness when touching (paresthesia of the limbs);
- Confusion of consciousness.
- Pain in the stomach (gastralgia);
- Disease of the oral mucosa (candidiasis stomatitis, occurs in both adults and children );
- Decrease in granulocyte content (granulocytopenia);
- Decrease in blood neutrophils (agranulocytosis);
- A decrease in the number of leukocytes (leukopenia).
In rare cases, a severe variant of allergic bullous dermatitis (toxic epidermal necrolysis or Lyell's syndrome) is possible.
Not detected. Hypersensitivity to griseofulvin may be manifested, as a result of which it is necessary to refrain from taking the drug. The attending physician should prescribe desensitizing agents (weakening the allergic reaction).
Treatment for overdose
The attending physician prescribes symptomatic therapy.
What drugs and substances can not be taken with griseofulvin:
- Ethanol. Its action is intensified.
- Estrogen-containing oral contraceptives and an anticoagulant of an indirect type of action. Their activity decreases.
- Primidone and barbiturates. They lower the antifungal effect.
Keep the tablets in a dry place. The tempering temperature is not higher than 20 ° C.
3 years and 6 months.
Leave your feedback in the comments!
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer