The ointment is produced by different manufacturers under the name “indomethacin”, “indomethacin”
, 61 р. Average online price * , 61 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Indomethacin ointment is considered antirheumatic and anti-inflammatory agent. It is able to reduce the swelling of the affected area of the body, remove stiffness, relieve pain, and easily reduce inflammation and fever.
The tool allows you to eliminate pain after injuries and operations, and even those that appear periodically and suddenly, reduces swelling and inflammation near open wounds.
Indomethacin in the form of an ointment is an active external anti-inflammatory agent, referring to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Its action is due to inhibition of cyclogenase, which inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, inhibits the phases of inflammation, and inhibits platelet aggregation.
Indomethacin ointment is used in the following cases:
- In degenerative and inflammatory diseases in the musculoskeletal system and inflammation of the soft tissues (psoriatic, gouty and rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism, ankylosing spondylitis, bursitis, osteoarthrosis, tendinitis, etc.).
- Neuralgia, myalgia, pain in the spine, radiculitis, plexitis, neuritis, sciatica, lumbago, etc.).
- Traumatic inflammations in the ASO and soft tissues (with sprains, sprains, after bruises or stress).
- When postoperative edema with no violations of the integrity of the skin.
- With superficial thrombophlebitis.
Dosage and administration
The ointment is applied to the affected place with a thin layer with light movements 3 times a day (children 2 times).
The maximum dose for adults is no more than 15 cm of the product extruded from the tube, for children - 7 cm. The use of occlusive dressings with ointment is not recommended.
The tool can not be applied to damaged skin, as well as to protect from contact with open wounds and mucous membranes.
Every 10 days during treatment with ointment, the general condition of the blood is checked.
Ointment Indomethacin is contraindicated for use in the following cases:
- With increased sensitivity of the patient to the components of the drug.
- In the acute phase of peptic ulcers in the digestive tract.
- With severe renal and hepatic failure.
- In places of violation of the integrity of the skin.
- When violations in the blood system.
- In cases of bleeding disorders of unexplained etiology.
- Children under 6 years old and in old age.
Pregnancy and lactation
Indomethacin is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Low systemic absorption of indomethacin ointment for external use makes it almost impossible to overdose the drug.
But when using the product in an amount in excess of that recommended in the instructions, a migraine, nausea, vomiting, dizziness may occur. Also sometimes convulsions and numbness of the limbs occur.
In case of accidental ingestion of ointment, the simultaneous development of several side effects is possible.
The use of indomethacin ointment sometimes causes the following side effects:
- The emergence of various rashes.
- Allergic reaction.
- Dryness, itching and flushing of the skin.
- The appearance of burning in places of application.
Very rarely, side effects may progress to asthma and angioedema. Also, psoriasis can develop on the skin where it is applied. At occurrence of such phenomena, the use of the drug is immediately stopped, and they turn to the doctor for further instructions.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
The drug in the form of ointment in 1 g contains indomethacin 100 mg, acting as an active substance. Urea, transcutol P, PEG 400 and 1500, nipagin, propylene glycol, levomenthol, nipazol and distilled water are used as auxiliary components.
When applied externally, the active substance is immediately absorbed, appearing already after 5 minutes in the subcutaneous tissues. The components of the ointment fall into the synovial membrane and articular fluid, keeping the activity there for 5-7 days.
In the blood, the active substance is bound to plasma proteins. In the liver, its metabolism occurs with the formation of negative products that are excreted through the intestines and kidneys.
The ointment is in the pharmacy chains on the free market, but without a doctor's prescription, the duration of its use cannot exceed 2 weeks, since self-treatment with the use of this drug often leads to negative consequences.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.