Kanesten is an antifungal medication intended for outdoor use. Currently out of stock. Its analogues:
- Cream 1%, available in tubes of 5, 20, 35 and 50 grams;
- Cream 2%, produced in tubes of 20 grams;
- Cream vaginal 10% (available in tubes of 35 grams);
- Candles vaginal (available in 100, 200 and 500 mg);
- Spray 1%, used for outdoor use (available in vials of 30 ml);
- A solution of 1%, used for outdoor use (available in vials of 30 ml).
Instructions for use
In addition to the antimycotic effect, Kanesten also has an antimicrobial effect against gram-negative and gram-positive microbes. It actively influences any species of fungi, and the development of repeated reliance can be observed extremely rarely. Kanesten inhibits the growth of fungi by eliminating the synthesis in the cells. In addition, it destroys the synthesis of components that make up the membrane - ergosterol, which leads to the destruction of the integrity of the cell, and to its early death.
Dosing and Administration
The solution is used for washing wounds. It is recommended to use it 2 times a day;
Vaginal suppositories are inserted into the vagina 1 time per day. The course of treatment depends on the dosage:
- Candles of 100 mg are administered 1 time per day for 5-7 days;
- Candles 200 mg are administered 1 time per day. The course of treatment is 3 days;
- Candles of 500 mg are administered once.
- The cream should also be used 2 times a day. A strip of 0, 5 mm should be carefully rubbed into the skin.
The average duration of treatment is 4 weeks, individual diseases:
- Treatment of genital candidiasis is 1-2 weeks;
- Treatment of ringworm is 3-4 weeks;
- Erythrasma treatment is 2-4 weeks;
- Lichen treatment is 3 weeks.
It is recommended to carry out treatment for 2 weeks after the symptoms disappear.
Indications and contraindications
Indications for use:
- Epidermofitiya ;
- Fungal erosion of the fingers;
- Mycoses ;
- Stomatitis ;
- Balanitis ;
- Vulvitis ;
- Any kind of lichen;
- Erythrasma ;
- Preparation of the birth canal immediately before childbirth;
Contraindications to use are:
- Period of menstruation (for vaginal use);
- Intolerance of the individual components that make up the drug;
- 1 trimester of pregnancy.
- Skin peeling;
- Any skin rash;
- The appearance of allergies ;
- The appearance of any discharge from the vagina;
- Frequent urination;
- Soreness during intercourse;
- Burning in the penis of the partner;
Overdose with local use is almost impossible.
Interaction with other drugs:
Kanesten reduces the effectiveness of other antifungal drugs, including antibiotics such as natamycin or nystatin.
Although it has not been established that during pregnancy, Kanesten may have any negative effect on the body of the fetus and its mother, however, it is better not to use this drug at all in the first 3 months.
- In order that the infection does not appear again, treatment is recommended for both partners at the same time;
- Once the cream has been applied, no bandages should be applied;
- Do not allow the drug to get into the eyes;
- If irritation occurs, treatment ends immediately;
- If positive dynamics is not observed after 4 weeks, then it is recommended to apply to honey. center for help.
Pharmacies drug is available without a prescription. It is recommended to store it in a place protected from light and children. The shelf life of the drug is 3 years.
Leave your feedback in the comments!