540 р. Average price online * 540 p. (5 ampoules)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
"Kenalog" - a drug to relieve inflammation and severe allergy attacks, which is used in a wide range of patients. The tool belongs to a group of glucocorticoid hormones, but it has a less negative effect on the body compared with similar drugs.
Description and properties
The main active component of Kenalog is a synthetic substance triamcinolone, which, when ingested, has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect (especially when used locally).
In addition, the drug in the form of injections has a pronounced effect against allergies and severe itching, which is poorly relieved by pills.
The therapeutic effect of "Kenalog" is the following effects on the body:
- inhibits the production of enzymes in the area of inflammation, stopping the development of the process;
- prevents the appearance of antibodies;
- suppresses allergy attacks by preventing the formation of allergy mediators;
- reduces the number of prostaglandins;
- reduces the permeability of capillaries and blood vessels;
- has an immunosuppressive effect;
- temporarily blocks the function of the adrenal cortex.
The advantage of Kenalog over other drugs with a similar mechanism of action is that it does not have a depressant effect on the pituitary gland, and also does not violate the water-salt balance, since it does not inhibit potassium and sodium salts in the body.
The concentration of the active substance, sufficient to ensure therapeutic activity, is achieved 8-12 hours after the injection and entering the systemic circulation. Triamcinolone is excreted in the urine (in this case, part of the drug is excreted in the form of metabolites, and some remains unchanged).
Kenalog is produced in the form of a suspension for intramuscular injections in 1 ml ampoules (5 ampoules per package).
Indications for use
"Kenalog" in ampoules can be used both locally and systemically - it depends on the diagnosis, the severity of the patient's condition, his age and what effect is needed to achieve.
As a systemic preparation, Kenalog's injections are used for the following diseases:
- acute diseases of the lower respiratory tract (for example, bronchitis and bronchial asthma);
- dermatitis and certain types of dermatosis with characteristic symptoms (peeling of the skin, ulcers, wounds, blisters, etc.);
- hay fever.
Local use is possible with the presence of these diagnoses in the patient's medical history:
- periosteum inflammation;
- hair loss (spherical shape);
- lupus erythematosus;
- lesions of the skin of an isolated type (plaque psoriasis, etc.);
- lesions of articular tissue (arthritis, arthrosis, gout, dropsy of joints).
How to apply?
Kenalog is inserted into the gluteal muscle with a slow jet infusion. It is very important to make sure that the needle does not touch the blood vessels, and only then begin the injection.
Important! Failure to follow the injection technique can be fatal!
Dosage "Kenalog" with intramuscular injection
|For adult patients||40 mg (1 ampoule), in severe cases it is allowed to use 2 ampoules (80 mg)||The drug is administered once. If reuse is necessary, an interval of 2–4 weeks between injections should be observed.|
|For children under 12 years old||0.03-0.2 mg / kg|
|For the prevention of allergies||40 mg (1 ampoule) per year||The drug is administered before the start of the flowering period.|
The dosage of "Kenalog" with intraarticular injection ranges from 10 mg (1/4 ampoule) to 40 mg per injection. If you need to enter the drug in several joints, you need to make sure that the total amount of the drug does not exceed 2 ampoules. Repeated injections are possible no earlier than in 3-4 weeks.
Important! With the introduction of funds into the joint, it is necessary to observe complete sterility. The affected area should be treated as before surgery. After the injection, cover the injection area with a sterile cloth (for 5-10 minutes).
Injections of "Kenalog" are not put to patients in the presence of the following diseases:
- skin lesions caused by bacterial or fungal infections;
- stomach ulcer;
- ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- poliomyelitis (in children);
- severe forms of psychosis and depression, as well as hysteria;
- bone tissue atrophy;
- inflammatory processes of the internal organs caused by viral agents, fungi and bacterial microorganisms;
- genital infections;
Intramuscular injections of the drug is undesirable for patients under 12 years.
It is wise to use "Kenalog" under the following conditions:
- heart, kidney and liver failure;
- the risk of blood clots;
- epileptic disorders;
- pathologies of the musculoskeletal skeleton (heavy progressive forms);
- malignant tumors in the presence of metastasis;
- a history of peptic ulcer disease (even treated).
Important! If the patient is to be vaccinated, Kenalog's injections are canceled 8 weeks before the vaccine is given, and they are resumed not earlier than two weeks after.
Despite the fact that the drug is transferred much easier than its counterparts, and has less negative effects on the body, the appearance of undesirable effects is still possible.
What side effects may occur when using "Kenalog"
|Organ system||Side effects|
|Digestive system||Change stool, constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, ulcerative lesions, loss of appetite, heartburn, belching.|
|Musculoskeletal system||Osteoporosis, stunted growth (in children), muscle fiber atrophy, bone death.|
|Organs of vision||Cataract, corneal pathology, increased intraocular pressure.|
|Circulatory system and heart||Increased pressure, increased blood clotting, tachycardia.|
|The immune system||Allergic reactions (redness, burning, itching).|
|Integuments||Acne, stretch marks, scars and scars, numbness of the skin at the injection site|
|Nervous system||Insomnia, anxiety, depression, mental disorders, tremor of the limbs, convulsive syndrome, etc.|
|Endocrine system||Increase in body weight, inhibition of adrenal cortex, increase in sensitivity to glucose|
|Exchange processes||Metabolic disorders of potassium, sodium and calcium|
Pharmacy dispensing and storage
Kenalog is strictly a prescription. The shelf life of the suspension for injections is 3 years from the date of manufacture. Store in a dark place out of the reach of small children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.