There are no complete analogues, see other antihistamines .
202 р (5 таб.), 399 р (10 таб.) Average price online * 202 p (5 tab.), 399 p (10 tab.)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Kestin (international name - Ebastin) is an antiallergic drug from the group of H1-receptor blockers, which has a long lasting effect and is generally well tolerated by the body.
Kestin is indicated for the following diseases and conditions:
- allergic rhinitis ;
- rhinitis, which is caused by plant pollen, household allergens, medications and other factors;
- food allergies and dust allergies;
- urticaria caused by any allergens;
- conditions associated with increased production of histamine in the body.
Kestin is available in the following forms:
- White tablets in the shell, sold in blisters of 5 or 10 pcs., The main active ingredient - ebastine. Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, lactose monohydrate, structured sodium carboxymethylcellulose.
- Syrup in dark color bottles (60 or 120 ml) with a dosing syringe, the main active ingredient is ebastine. Auxiliary substances: glycerol oxystearate, lactic acid, neohesperidin didrochalkon, anethol, sodium propyl parahydroxybenzoate and methyl parahydroxybenzoate, glycerin, sorbitol solution, dimethyl polysiloxane, sodium hydroxide, distilled water.
Method of use, dosage
The drug is taken orally, regardless of the food. The tablet must be carefully removed from the package and put on the tongue, where it dissolves quickly (there is no need to wash down the drug with liquid). The standard dosage of Kestin is determined depending on the age of the patient:
|Age||Single dose, mg||Pills||Syrup, ml|
If the patient has liver failure, a single dose should be no more than 5-10 mg (regardless of age), which is ½-1 tablet or 5-10 ml of syrup.
Contraindications for Kestin include:
- individual intolerance to the active substance or other components of the drug;
- pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- age up to 6 years.
In addition, the tool should be used with caution in liver or kidney failure.
At therapeutic doses, Kestin usually does not cause side effects and has a minimal effect on the ability of patients to drive vehicles, engage in hazardous activities, as well as those that require increased concentration.
In some cases, after taking the drugs, patients may experience headache, drowsiness or insomnia, dry mouth, abdominal pain, diarrhea; in addition, they may develop rhinitis, sinusitis and asthenia.
When taking the drug in therapeutic doses, overdose is impossible. If a large amount of Kestin was taken by chance, the patient requires gastric lavage, symptomatic therapy and control of important body functions.
Kestin can affect the results of skin allergy tests, so they are recommended to be carried out at least 5-7 days after cancellation.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The drug affects the histamine receptors type H 1 through competitive inhibition. By binding to free receptors, it helps stop allergic reactions, prevents smooth muscle spasms and vascular permeability caused by histamine.
The drug is rapidly absorbed by the liver, so that a pronounced antihistamine effect begins after 1 hour and lasts at least 48 hours. After a five-day course of Kestin, his activity persists for 72 hours. About 60-70% of the active substance is excreted by the kidneys as conjugates.
Terms of sale and storage
It is released without a prescription. Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 degrees, in a place protected from sunlight and out of reach of children. Shelf life - 3 years.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.