Ketoconazole is also available in other dosage forms:
: 132 р. Average price online * : 132 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
White round pills are available, usually in blisters of 10 pieces and carton. One tablet contains 200 mg of ketoconazole.
Take once a day with meals. Adults take 1-2 tablets (total from 200 to 400 mg), half-tablets for children (100 mg). The decisive factor is body weight. Pediatric dosage is prescribed for the mass from 15 to 30 kg, over 30 - the dosage is the same as for an adult. For children weighing less than 15 kg, 4–8 mg per pound of body weight per day is prescribed.
Children under 3 years of age are contraindicated.
If a child weighs for example 13 kg, then its minimum dosage is 4 * 13 = 52 mg, the maximum 8 * 13 = 80 mg. Dosing the substance with milligram accuracy at home is very hard, however, you need to try to divide the tablet into 2 equal parts, you get a suitable dosage of 100 mg.
Fortunately, the drug is a prescription drug and just not to buy it at the pharmacy.
To improve the absorption is recommended to drink the drug acidic drinks.
The duration of treatment is determined only by the doctor. The drug is usually prescribed against systemic mycoses and almost always additional research is needed to determine the pathogenic microflora in the body.
- It is effective against various types of candidiasis , including the usual female thrush , male balanoposthitis , but is rarely prescribed because of the large number of side effects.
- hypersensitivity to ketoconazole,
- liver disease,
- age up to 3 years;
Prohibited reception in conjunction with the following drugs:
- left acetylmethadol,
- midazolam (oral),
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to evaluate liver function to rule out acute or chronic diseases.
Ketoconazole poorly penetrates the hemato-encephalic barrier, so it is not advisable to use it for fungal meningitis.
Tablets are prescribed no earlier than 2 weeks after discontinuation of glucocorticosteroids, if used.
The ketoconazole has a lot of side effects, so we’ll remind you once again that this drug should be used in the form of tablets only as prescribed by a doctor .
- itching, rash, urticaria, dermatitis , erythema, alopecia,
- abnormal liver function, toxic hepatitis and cirrhosis are not excluded,
- drowsiness or vice versa, irritability, insomnia, anxiety,
- nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, bloating,
- fatigue, general weakness,
- patients with severe allergies should beware of anaphylactic shock,
- Perhaps a temporary decrease in the concentration of testosterone in the blood plasma (normalized 24 hours after administration). Nevertheless, this fact can provoke a violation of the menstrual cycle in women, gynecomastia and erectile dysfunction in men, although this is highly unlikely.
With external use and with the introduction of suppositories, ketoconazole is practically not absorbed. But when used in the form of tablets absorbed very well. Cmax is reached in 2 hours. Binds to proteins, red blood cells. Able to penetrate into the cerebrospinal fluid. In 96 hours, 70% of the accepted amount of ketoconazole is excreted through urine and through the stomach.
Shelf life is 3 years, at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C. For sale by prescription.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.