The effects on the body can be considered analogues:
: 42 р. Average price online * : 42 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
In short: a candle is administered once a day, before bedtime, it is not necessary to moisten. The standard course is 6 days, but the doctor may prescribe another.
These vaginal tablets, often referred to as suppositories, are antifungal agents. They are oval suppositories of white color (they are yellowish).
One vaginal tablet contains clotrimazole (100 mg) as an active substance. Among the auxiliary components:
- lactose (milk sugar),
- potato starch,
- microcrystalline cellulose,
- magnesium stearate,
- citric acid.
In one package placed 6 candles. In addition to them, in the box is the applicator (depending on the manufacturer), which helps to insert the candle into the vagina.
The shelf life of the drug is 42 months. At the end of this period, the medicine should not be used. The temperature of its storage is not more than 25 ° С. The place where the medicine is contained must be dry and protected from light. Children are not allowed to access it.
First of all, of course, thrush .
It is important that Clotrimazole Candles help resist a large number of types of fungi. Their action is based on the destruction of cells in the composition of pathogenic microflora. In particular, the objects of exposure to the drug are:
- yeast mushrooms (including candida),
- mold fungi,
- microorganisms that promote the appearance of lichen colored and erythrasma,
- staphylococcus and others.
The antimycotic effect of clotrimazole as an active active ingredient is a violation of the synthesis of ergosterol, an integral element of the cell membrane of fungi. This leads to a change in the permeability of the membrane and the subsequent dissolution of the cells.
In small concentrations, the substance of the drug inhibits and stops the growth of fungi. And in large doses contributes to their death.
After the introduction of the drug, its high concentration in the vaginal secretion and low in the blood persist from 48 to 72 hours. Metabolism in the liver to inactive metabolites occurs rapidly.
Who is prescribed medication
Clotrimazole in the form of suppositories is prescribed when the genitals are affected by a fungal infection with:
- candidal vulvovaginitis .
Other uses of the drug are:
- improvement of the birth canal on the eve of childbirth,
- prevention of infection before surgery or other therapeutic actions on the genitals.
Candles Clotrimazole should not be treated patients with hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or auxiliary ingredients. During menstruation, you also can not use the medicine.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding require caution in treatment. In accordance with clinical and experimental studies, the use of suppositories in these conditions did not lead to negative consequences for the health of the woman and child. But for greater certainty, the question of the possibility of prescribing the drug should be decided by the doctor in each case separately.
Using clotrimazole as a vaginal tablet can cause side effects:
- burning, itching, and swelling in the vaginal mucosa,
- frequent urination,
- pain during intercourse,
- burning in the penis partner.
- To prevent recurrence of urogenital infections, it is necessary to undergo a course of treatment for both sexual partners.
- Prior to the completion of the treatment of partners, sexual contact is undesirable, as they can cause re-infection.
- In pregnancy, do not use the applicator.
- Patients with liver failure require periodic monitoring of the liver.
- If the effect of treatment is absent within a month, then confirmation of the diagnosis is necessary.
Interaction with other drugs
- Vaginal suppository reduces the effectiveness of Amphotericin B and other polyene antibiotics.
- The parallel use of nystatin weakens the effect of clotrimazole.
- Allowed to combine treatment with candles and taking vitamin and herbal supplements.
The physician is required to select an adequate concentration of the active substance in accordance with the severity of the disease. Candles Clotrimazole is injected deep into the vagina once a day, before bedtime. During the manipulation, the applicator attached to the packaging is used.
The standard duration of treatment is six days. But the specific duration of therapy is set by the doctor. If the expected results have not come, then an additional therapeutic course is possible.
When the renovation of the birth canal is performed, a single injection of one suppository is sufficient.
Leave your feedback in the comments!
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.