Unlike ointments and creams, which quickly disappear from the surface of the nail (washed off or absorbed into clothing), the nail polish is perfectly fixed and does not cause inconvenience during application. Here, only it is expedient to use it only in cases when the pathological fungus occupies not more than 60% on the nail plate.
Main characteristics of varnishes
After application to the nail, the healing components of the varnish penetrate deep inside, simultaneously blocking the access of oxygen to the spores. Within 48 hours after the first use, the maximum concentration of lacquer in the nail bed is reached and the pathogens of the fungal infection begin to die. Visibly noticeable only a decrease in redness, but this is a signal that the death of parasitic fungi has begun.
Use the nail polish against the nail fungus when:
- Acceptance of systemic drugs is contraindicated;
- The superficial form of onychomycosis is diagnosed:
- Matrix was not infected with fungus;
- No more than 2-3 nails are affected.
The therapeutic varnish can be applied under the cosmetic. Such use will not lead to a decrease in the effectiveness of treatment.
Review of varnishes against nail fungus
- Batrafen . The first drug that was allowed to treat onychomycosis in the US. The varnish is active against 58 species of fungi, therefore in most cases Batrafen cures the disease within six months. The active substance is cyclopyrox. It is applied at least 3 months according to the scheme: the first month - in a day, the second month - 2 rubles. A week, the third month - 1 p. in Week. The varnish dries on the nail for 30-45 seconds. The manufacturer is Germany. Varnish for the treatment of nail fungus will cost 1250-2190 rubles.
- Demikten . Antifungal cosmetic varnish based on polyvinyl acetate emulsion. On the nail plate, under the influence of air, it turns into a protective film. The varnish dries up the wounds, removes puffiness, eliminates redness, helps to get rid of the persistent "army" smell. It is applied daily. Lac against the fungus of nails Demicten has no contraindications and side effects. On top of it, you can apply decorative varnish. Manufacturer - "LN-Cosmetics" (Russia). The price of a varnish from a fungus of nails makes approximately 285 rbl. (Bottle 35 ml.)
- Lotseril . Varnish from nail fungus Lotseril influences the structure of the cell membrane of the fungus and the process of biosynthesis. The active substance is amorolfine . The varnish is realized with spatulas for applying the product, nail files and alcohol swabs. During treatment with varnish, it is not recommended to increase nails and use normal varnish. In addition, impervious gloves should be used when handling solvents and cleaning agents. Manufacturer - France. The price of varnish against nail fungus Lotseril established within 2100 rubles. For 2.5% lacquer in 5 ml. A bottle, 3000 rubles. For 5% lacquer in 2.5 ml. Vial.
- Mycosis . It is realized complete with disposable nail files for nail treatment. On the nail plate varnish forms a water-soluble film, the active substances of which create unfavorable conditions for mushrooms, reduce the porosity of the nails and increase their density. A plant product (not a medicine) is applied twice a day. Duration of treatment: the main course is 4 weeks, preventive 2-5 months (treatment once a day). Manufacturer - The Netherlands. The cost of the set is 500-860 rubles.
Subtlety of use
Correctly selected varnish from the fungus of the nails on the legs is the key to a successful cure , but only if the technology of application is thoroughly observed.
The varnish is convenient in that it is not necessary to remove the nail plate to facilitate penetration of the medicine deep into the nail. But, nevertheless, the nail plate should be prepared for application of varnish. Foot and nails are washed with household soap, and then degrease the surface or a special cotton swab that comes complete with varnish. You can use other products that are sold in the pharmacy: an aqueous solution of blueberry, alcohol, diluted in half with water, iodine solution. The next stage of processing is thorough drying or wiping of feet and nails with a cloth made of natural materials or a cotton disc. Next, the nail plates are ground with a special disposable nail file (often included). Nail should also be cut as short as possible. After the end of the preparatory activities, all tools for manicure / pedicure are disinfected or discarded, if they were intended for one-time use.
The process of applying the varnish is as follows: it is spread thinly over the entire surface of the nail plate at the frequency indicated in the instructions to the preparation. It also indicates whether and what to remove the remaining lacquer on the nails before applying a new layer. After the lacquer dries completely (it lasts from 30 seconds to 2 minutes), you can start everyday activities. While waiting for the varnish to dry, the spatula used to apply the varnish is wiped with alcohol. They also process the neck, after which the bottle is tightly closed.
It should be taken into account that it is not possible to use two different therapeutic varnishes simultaneously, because antifungal activity has a property in this case to decrease.
Side effects and contraindications
Remember that the varnish from the fungus is not cosmetic, but medical, and before buying, be sure to check the instructions and read the contraindications. Do not you find them only to the drug Demikten - the manufacturer claims that anyone can use it.
The most frequent contraindications:
- Pregnancy and lactation period;
- Age to four years;
- Hypersensitivity to lacquer components.
And these varnishes will precisely help?
My doctor advised me to smear with iodine, smeared it somewhere for a month at night, before a bath of soda, passed tfu, tfu, tfu.
I tried many drugs that were not useful. Has started to apply Itrazol has casually advised the worker of a drugstore used the second packing on 14 Capsules Saw the result the fingernail on the big toe has started to be cleared and other fingers on legs or foots look or appear better as I shall recover I shall write
I treated the nail fungus for a year, drops of exodermil and tablets of fluconazole, money was threatened with horror how much. Three months after the treatment (cured nail) there was a bruise on the floor of the nail ((((and all over again, only now batrafen lacquer and irunin in tablets.) I think it's necessary to throw out all the shoes at the first improvements ((((
Shoes can be disinfected, details here:
At me as that is strange. Yellow-brown maculae periodically appear and only on plates of legs or foots of greater or big fingers. I will cream with Lamizil. Prochodit.No then again through 2-3 mes appear. I want to change the drug.
Symptoms of the fungus are both the fragility of the nail and any color changes. And after all, even the slightest signs have passed, it is recommended to be treated for a couple of weeks or even a month to get rid of the pathogen.
Plus disinfection of shoes and hygiene.
And yes, varnish is a good option for nails :)