: 425 р. Average online price * : 425 r. (pay attention to dosage)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Capsules "Lomeksin" - is an antifungal agent with antibacterial properties.
The drug is used for the local treatment of infections in gynecology. "Lomeksin" perfectly copes with inflammation, eliminating signs of irritation of the mucous membranes and skin.
The active component of the capsules slows the growth of pathogenic flora and destroys fungi, affecting the integrity of the membrane membranes and destroying them from the inside.
The drug is made in Ireland.
When is appointed?
The drug is particularly effective against yeast fungi of the genus Candida, as well as gram-positive bacteria (Trichomonas, streptococci, staphylococci, etc.). The indications for using the product are:
- fungal infections of the vagina;
- thrush (vulvovaginal candidiasis);
- trichomoniasis of the vagina;
- other genital tract infections caused by the activity of gram-positive bacterial organisms.
Attention! The drug is not effective for the treatment of viral infections (eg, herpes virus).
How to apply?
The dosage of the drug can be 600 mg or 1000 mg (depending on the diagnosis and the severity of the lesion, as well as the associated symptoms).
The capsules are used intravaginally, that is, they are inserted into the vagina. It is necessary to perform the procedure while lying with bent knees.
Before the introduction of the capsule, it is necessary to treat the hands with an antiseptic (or wash using an anti-bacterial soap) and make a hygienic toilet in the intimate area.
The duration of treatment depends on the type of infection and the pathogen. When trichomoniasis is usually used twice the introduction of the drug with an interval of 24 hours. The procedure can be repeated after 10 days, provided the therapy is ineffective.
For the treatment of thrush enough single use. If symptoms persist, reuse of Lomexin is allowed after 3 days.
"Lomeksin" is contraindicated for use to vulnerable categories of patients, which include:
- pregnant women;
- nursing mothers;
- persons with allergies or intolerance to the components of the drug.
It is wise to prescribe a remedy to older women.
Pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not prescribed during these periods, as there is not enough information about the safety of the active ingredient for the fetus and child.
"Lomeksin" has excellent tolerability - the occurrence of adverse reactions were noted only in 5-8% of cases of the total number of uses. Among the negative effects were noted:
- the appearance of a rash on the external genitals;
- slight burning sensation;
- redness of the groin area;
- urticaria .
These phenomena are not dangerous and are not a reason to stop treatment.
In case of accidental use of the product in a dosage exceeding 1000 mg, negative phenomena are unlikely, since the active substance is practically not absorbed by local use. In some cases, local reactions are possible: irritation, itching, burning.
Release form and composition
Lomexin is available in the form of soft yellow oval capsules for vaginal use. Inside the capsule is a milk / cream suspension.
One capsule contains 600 or 1000 mg of active ingredient - fenticonazole (in the form of nitrate). It has a pronounced fungicidal effect even at a rather low concentration (from 0.25 to 16 μg / ml).
One pack contains:
- 600 mg capsule, 1 piece;
- 600 mg capsule, 2 pieces;
- 1000 mg capsule, 1 piece.
Fenticonazole can penetrate the mucous membranes, however, its degree of absorption is extremely low. With prolonged therapy, the agent does not penetrate into the systemic circulation and is not detected in the blood plasma.
- If the treatment does not bring results within 21 days, you should undergo a full examination to clarify the diagnosis.
- Treatment of thrush and trichomoniasis with the help of vaginal capsules "Lomeksin" should be combined with the use of cream "Lomeksin" (for a partner). A small amount of cream should be rubbed into the foreskin and glans. This will avoid relapses and increase the effectiveness of therapy.
- Start treatment "Lomeksinom" should be after the cessation of menstruation.
Store capsules should be at a temperature not lower than 15 and not higher than 25 degrees. The maximum shelf life is 3 years from the date of issue.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.