Full analogue - Okomistin, available in bottles of 10 ml, eye drops. It is more expensive, given the capacity.
- Chlorhexidine ( comparison table )
- Septomirin (not available)
- Dekasan (rarely sold)
See also the article “ Cheap Miramistin analogues ”.
150мл с распылителем: 384 р 50 мл с урологическим аппликатором: 227 р. Average price online * 150ml with a spray: 384 p 50 ml with a urological applicator: 227 p. (specify the presence of the applicator upon purchase) 500 ml without nozzles: 807 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Composition and pharmakinetics
- benzyldimethyl myristoylamino propylammonium chloride monohydrate, 0.01%
- purified water 99.99%
Miramistin is an effective antiseptic with proven antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal effects. A distinctive feature of the drug is safety for humans and a very sparing effect on the skin and mucous membranes, due to which the drug has practically no contraindications, unlike its counterparts.
Mycoses (for prevention and as adjuvant therapy):
- Inflammatory diseases of the uterus, vagina, vulva;
- Candidiasis of the vagina , vulvovaginitis ;
- Birth injury;
- Inflammation of the prostate gland, unspecified;
- Candidiasis in men ;
- Nonspecific urethritis;
- STIs (for prophylaxis and as an adjunctive therapy):
- Anogenital herpes;
- Gonococcal infection;
- Syphilis, unspecified;
- Chlamydial sexually transmitted diseases;
- Acute laryngitis;
- Acute sinusitis;
- Unspecified acute tonsillitis (sore throat);
- Acute pharyngitis, unspecified;
- Chronic maxillary sinusitis;
- Chronic laryngitis;
- Chronic tonsillitis;
- Chronic pharyngitis;
- Disinfection of burns and open wounds.
Dosage and administration
First use of the nebulizer: remove the cap from the bottle, take the nozzle from the package, attach the nozzle to the bottle, make a few taps to activate the nozzle.
Fungus: Miramistin should not be considered a panacea, it is best to use special antifungal agents for the treatment of fungi. However, miramistin may be useful:
- For the prevention of fungus (for example, you can treat the hands and feet with the preparation after visiting the public pool)
- For disinfection of footwear , common goods.
- Candida stomatitis is treated by rinsing with Miramistin 3-4 times a day (sometimes in conjunction with other drugs, consult your doctor).
- For the rehabilitation of the genitals, no later than 2 hours after intercourse - to prevent infection with thrush or other STDs:
The inner surface of the thighs, the genitals and the skin around them, and the groin area should be treated. Women enter 5-10 ml into the vagina and 1-2 ml into the urethra. Men enter 2-3 ml into the urethra for a few minutes.
After the procedure, it is recommended not to urinate for 2 hours.
With the combined treatment of urethritis and urethroprostatitis: enter 2-3 ml of the drug into the urethra 1-2 times a day for 10 days.
Before the delivery of Miramistin, irrigation or vaginal douching is used for 5-7 days.
Colds, sore throats, ENT, including fungal infections of the throat, fungal tonsillitis:
Irrigate the throat with a spray bottle,
- adults and children over 14 years old: 3–4 presses at once;
- children 7 - 14 years old: two presses for 1 procedure;
- children 3 - 6 years: one click for 1 procedure;
For all ages, the procedure is carried out 3-4 times a day.
For one click 3-4 ml of the drug is released.
Dentistry: rinse the oral cavity 3-4 times a day, using 10-15 ml of Miramistina.
For disinfection: soak the affected areas with a swab dipped in the preparation 1-2 times a day.
- Individual intolerance to the drug.
Can be used during pregnancy and feeding.
You can assign children from 3 years to irrigate the throat and mouth.
To disinfect wounds and prevent skin infections, you can use at any age.
Can children under 3 be used for the throat?
The official instructions states that the drug is indicated for children over 3 years old.
As for the real experience, opinions differ. In some cases, the drug is prescribed by a doctor to children from 6 months.
In others, it is recommended to use only drops or apply to the nipple, and in no case do not use a spray bottle, as a child may have a strong laryngospasm with the saddest consequences .
Allergic reactions have been reported.
At the site of application, a slight burning sensation may occur. Not dangerous, passes quickly and without consequences.
Sold without a prescription. Shelf life is 3 years. Storage temperature - up to 25 ° C.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.