Treatment of thrush in women with all of its symptoms can be carried out with the help of medicines of local purpose or with the help of tablets.Read more...
Thrush or vaginal candidiasis is not by hearsay known to every second woman, regardless of whether she lives sexually or not. An unpleasant disease is the result of the activity of a yeast fungus called Candida . It is because of it appears thrush in women, the causes and treatment of which you learn from the article.
What is it?
In a normal microflora of a healthy vagina of a woman, one way or another, Candida fungus is present in a small amount, if its quantity begins to expand rapidly, the same milkmaid appears ( more ). The mucous membrane of the vagina becomes inflamed, which leads to itching, burning, abundant secretions and other symptoms of the disease, which, incidentally, are not referred to sexually transmitted diseases.
The danger of thrush is the broken microflora of the vagina, which becomes an excellent place to initiate other infections, inflammations and diseases. If a woman is pregnant , then there is a high risk of infection of the fetus. That is why the treatment of vaginal candidiasis should be expedient and timely.
The causes of thrush appear at the present time are quite a lot, among the factors of the appearance of the inflammatory process are:
- Failures of the hormonal plan. This includes diabetes, thyroid problems, obesity, hypothyroidism, menopause.
- Somatic diseases, such as HIV, chronic pyelonephritis, bronchitis, cirrhosis.
- Long-term therapy with antibacterial drugs.
- Reception of hormonal contraceptives.
- Depression, stress, anorexia.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Sharp climate change, heavy adaptation.
- Neglect of personal hygiene rules.
- Untimely replacement of gaskets, tampons during menstruation.
- Frequent use of vaginal gels, sprays and soaps for intimate hygiene.
- Wearing underwear made of synthetic materials.
- Inadequate nutrition, lack of vitamins, reduced immunity.
There is also a so-called conjugal candidosis, which is transmitted sexually, but this form of infection is not common. About candidiasis in men .
Symptoms of thrush in women are pronounced, it is impossible not to notice them. First of all, they are manifested by severe itching, burning and abundant secretions of curdled nature. The discharge is white and has an unpleasant sour smell, they are quite thick, can be flakes.
Unbearable itching can often be accompanied by reddening of the external genitalia, clitoris, vagina. Sometimes unpleasant symptoms can be accompanied by painful sensations, and painfulness is also possible during sexual intercourse and urination. Itching and burning worse by evening, especially in the warmth, for example, in a bath or a bed. Typically, the symptoms and signs of vaginal candidiasis appear in women about 1 week before the onset of menstruation.
Inflammatory processes of female genital organs are divided into three types:
- Vaginitis . With vaginitis, inflammation occurs directly into the vagina.
- Vulvit . It is an inflammation of the external genitalia.
- Vulvovaginitis . Combines the inflammation of the vagina and inflammation of the external genitalia, occurs most often.
If the candidiasis inflammation is acute, the symptoms of vaginitis, vulvitis and vulvovaginitis will be more pronounced, resulting in excessive discharge with an unpleasant odor, frequent urination, severe itching. In acute form, women can also have a fever, and bloody discharge may appear.
How and what to treat properly
Treat thrush mainly with tablets and suppositories , also apply ointments and creams . The drugs are divided into two groups. The first include local medicines. With the help of them, sparing therapy is used, used for uncomplicated forms of thrush. If the disease is severe, can be used in complex therapy with antimycotic agents.
The second group includes tablets of general effect, which affect the entire body as a whole. Preparations of this group are used for complicated forms of candidiasis and relapses.
The appointment of the drug can only be done by a doctor, self-medication is dangerous!
Treatment of thrush in women begins with the elimination of the causes of its occurrence and the elimination of provoking factors. Then follows the treatment with antifungal drugs, the restoration of the microflora of the vagina and intestines is carried out. In the case of mild and uncomplicated forms of candidiasis, the following topical drugs are used:
- Clotrimazole (Kandisol, Kanesten, Kandibene, Yenamazol 100, Antifungol).
- Miconazole (Gino-dactarin, Gineson, Clion-D 100 ).
- Isoconazole (Gino-travogen).
- Fetikonazole (Lomexin).
- Fluuomycin .
Treatment of chronic thrush includes general restorative therapy, taking antibiotics, can be treated with the following drugs:
- Fluconazole and its analogues : Enalaprin hexal, Diflucan, Flucostat .
- Itraconazole (analogues of Kanditral, Irunin, Rumikoz, Itrazol, Orunit).
- Pimafucin (prescribed for the treatment and prevention of intestinal candidiasis).
- Ketoconazole (analogues of Fungavis, Oronazol, Nizoral).
In the initial stages of treatment usually occurs as follows:
- Candles Clotrimazole (200 mg) . The course lasts 14 days, for each day 1 candle is spent.
- Tablets Fluconazole (150 mg) . Tablets are taken on the first, fourth and seventh days of treatment. Either tablets Itroconazole (200 mg) : 7 days, one tablet.
- After the end of the course, you can drink a special probiotics course for the prompt restoration of microflora.
Traditional medicine is very popular.
Below are the most popular recipes of traditional medicine .
- Soda . Perhaps the only way that has a medical effect.
- Honey. Honey is diluted with water in a proportion of 1 to 10, the resulting agent smears the affected mucosa.
- Sea salt. To get rid of thrush it is useful to take a bath with natural sea salt. It is important that the salt is not colored and flavored.
- Chamomile and calendula. To prepare the medicine, take a tablespoon of therapeutic chamomile and 2 tablespoons of marigold. Herbs pour a liter of freshly boiled water, insist 30 minutes, filter, then apply for syringing.
- Lemon. To get rid of thrush take one slice of lemon, knead it and pour a glass of boiling water, insist 1-2 hours and filter. Lemon infusion is used for douches and dampings, conducting a treatment course for at least 10 days.
- Tea tree oil. Take two drops of tea tree oil and mix it with a teaspoon of calendula oil. The mixture is moistened with a tampon and placed in the vagina for about fifteen minutes.
- Anti-inflammatory broth. To prepare the medicine mix in equal proportions nettle roots, oak bark, string and lavender. Next, take a spoonful of this mixture and pour 150 milliliters of boiling water. The broth is insisted for 2 hours, filtered, and then another 150 milliliters of boiling water is added. Applied to washings.
A series of articles will help you learn all about this unpleasant disease and successfully defeat it:
Candidiasis vulvovaginitis or in another way genital candidiasis is a disease of the female genital area affecting the mucous membranes of the vagina and vulva. The main cause of pathology is the accelerated growth of fungi of the genus Candida, which occurs under the influence of a variety of causes.Read more...
Candidiasis is considered a common disease. Women more strongly feel signs of his presence in their bodies than men who have the disease can be asymptomatic. Thrush can occur on the background of the use of antibiotics, weakening the immune system and worsening the protective functions of the body.Read more...
According to the doctors, every second girl is familiar with the disease "thrush". The disease is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, but the situation is complicated if the thrush coincides with the period of menstruation. What to do if the symptoms manifested before, after or during menstruation and how to treat thrush in each of the three cases - read in our article.Read more...
Thrush - what is it, the causes of development, how to distinguish from other diseases, preventing recurrence of candidiasis and how contagious is it?Read more...
Determining the reasons allows you to choose the right treatment, both basic and secondary. That's why everyone should check themselves and find out from what this unpleasant disease appeared (or again returned).Read more...
Often, women seek medical help because of candidiasis - an infectious infection of yeast-like fungi of the vulvar and vaginal mucosa. This disease was known even in the time of Hippocrates, only when it was called "thrush". So called vulvovaginal candidiasis and modern girls and women around the world, and there are many of them: for example, 13 million cases of "thrush" are diagnosed in the United States every year.Read more...
The pharmacy network abounds in medicines of various forms. The most familiar is a pill that you need to drink and wait for the effect. In gynecology, vaginal suppositories are used more often, and tablets go in addition. There are many means for treating candidiasis, how to choose the right one?Read more...
Popular analogs for the active substance are available in France, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovenia, India. All of them differ in price, side effects, form of release, methods of application, special instructions, contraindications.Read more...