Treatment of thrush in women with all its symptoms can be carried out with the help of local drugs or with the help of tablets.Read more...
Thrush or vaginal candidiasis is known firsthand to every second woman, regardless of whether she has a sex life or not. An unpleasant disease is the result of a yeast called Candida . It is because of it that a thrush appears in women, the causes and treatment of which you will learn from the article.
What is it?
In the normal microflora of the healthy vagina of a woman, one way or another, Candida fungus is present in a small amount, if its number begins to grow rapidly, the very thrush appears ( more ). The mucous membrane of the vagina is inflamed, which leads to itching, burning, copious secretions and other symptoms of the disease, which, by the way, are not classified as sexually transmitted diseases.
The danger of thrush is in the impaired microflora of the vagina, which becomes an excellent place for the emergence of other infections, inflammations and diseases. If a woman is pregnant , then there is a high risk of infection of the fetus. That is why the treatment of vaginal candidiasis should be appropriate and timely.
The causes of thrush currently distinguish quite a lot, among the factors of the appearance of the inflammatory process include:
- Hormonal disruptions. These include diabetes, thyroid problems, obesity, hypothyroidism, menopause.
- Somatic diseases such as HIV, chronic pyelonephritis, bronchitis, cirrhosis of the liver.
- Long-term therapy with antibacterial drugs.
- Acceptance of hormonal contraceptives.
- Depression, stress, anorexia.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Sharp climate changes, heavy adaptation.
- Neglect of personal hygiene.
- Untimely change of pads, tampons during menstruation.
- Frequent use of vaginal gels, sprays and soaps for intimate hygiene.
- Wearing underwear made of synthetic materials.
- Improper diet, lack of vitamins, reduced immunity.
There is also a so-called conjugal candidiasis, which is transmitted sexually, but this form of infection is not common. About candidiasis in men .
The symptoms of thrush in women are pronounced, it is impossible not to notice them. First of all, they are manifested by severe itching, burning and abundant secretions of cheesy nature. Discharges are white and have an unpleasant sour smell; they are rather thick, they can be flakes.
Intolerable itching can often be accompanied by redness of the external genital organs, the clitoris, the vagina. Sometimes unpleasant symptoms can be accompanied by painful sensations, pain is also possible during intercourse and urination. Itching and burning worse in the evening, especially in warmth, for example, in a bath or bed. As a rule, the symptoms and signs of vaginal candidiasis appear in women about 1 week before the onset of menstruation.
Inflammatory processes of the female genital organs are divided into three types:
- Vaginitis When vaginitis inflammation occurs, directly, in the vagina.
- Vulvitis It is an inflammation of the external genital organs.
- Vulvovaginitis . It combines the inflammation of the vagina and inflammation of the external genital organs, occurs most often.
If candidal inflammation is acute, then the symptoms of vaginitis, vulvitis and vulvovaginitis will be more pronounced, which manifests as excessive discharge with an unpleasant smell, frequent urination, severe itching. In the acute form of women, body temperature may also increase, blood discharge may appear.
How and what to treat correctly
Thrush is treated mainly with pills and candles , as well as ointments and creams . Drugs are divided into two groups. The first includes local medicinal products. With the help of them spend sparing therapy, used for uncomplicated forms of thrush. If the disease is severe, they can be used in combination therapy with antimycotic agents.
The second group includes tablets of general effect, which affect the whole body. Drugs in this group are used for complicated forms of candidiasis and relapse.
Only a doctor can prescribe a drug, self-medication is dangerous!
Treatment of thrush in women begins with the elimination of the causes of its occurrence and the elimination of provoking factors. This is followed by treatment with antifungal drugs, restoration of the microflora of the vagina and intestines. In mild and uncomplicated forms of candidiasis, the following topical preparations are used:
- Clotrimazole (Candizol, Kanesten, Candibene, Jenamazol 100, Antifungol).
- Miconazole (Gyno-daktarin, Gineson, Klion -D 100 ).
- Isoconazole (Gyno-herbal agent).
- Fetikonazol (Lomeksin).
- Fluomizin .
Treatment of chronic thrush includes fortifying therapy, antibiotics, can be treated with the following drugs:
- Fluconazole and its analogues : Enalaprin Hexal, Diflucan, Flucostat .
- Itraconazole (analogues Kanditral, Irunin, Rumikoz, Itrazol, Orunit).
- Pimafucin (prescribed for the treatment and prevention of intestinal candidiasis).
- Ketocanazole (analogs of Fungavis, Oronazole, Nizoral).
In the initial stages of treatment, it usually happens like this:
- Candles Clotrimazole (200 mg) . The course lasts 14 days, 1 candle is spent on each day.
- Fluconazole tablets (150 mg) . Tablets are taken on the first, fourth and seventh days of treatment. Either tablets Itroconazole (200 mg) : 7 days, one tablet each.
- After completing the course, you can drink a course of special probiotics for the speedy recovery of microflora.
Traditional medicine is very popular.
Below are the most popular recipes of traditional medicine .
- Soda Perhaps the only remedy that has a medical effect.
- Honey. Honey is diluted with water in a ratio of 1 to 10, the resulting agent lubricates the affected mucosa.
- Sea salt. To get rid of thrush is useful to take baths with natural sea salt. It is important that the salt is not colored and flavored.
- Chamomile and calendula. For the preparation of medicines take a tablespoon of medicinal chamomile and 2 tablespoons of calendula. Herbs are poured with a liter of freshly boiled water, insist 30 minutes, filter, and then used for douching.
- Lemon. To get rid of thrush take one slice of lemon, knead it and pour a glass of boiling water, infuse for 1-2 hours and filter. Lemon infusion is used for douching and washing up, conducting a therapeutic course of at least 10 days.
- Tea tree oil. Take two drops of tea tree oil and mix it with a teaspoon of calendula oil. In the mixture moistened swab and place it in the vagina for about fifteen minutes.
- Anti-inflammatory decoction. For the preparation of medicines mixed in equal proportions of the roots of nettle, oak bark, string and lavender. Next, take a spoonful of this mixture and pour 150 ml of boiling water. Broth insist 2 hours, filter, and then add another 150 milliliters of boiling water. Apply to wash.
A series of articles will help you learn everything about this unpleasant illness and successfully defeat it:
Vulvovaginal candidiasis or otherwise genital candidiasis is a disease of the female genital tract that affects the mucous membranes of the vagina and vulva. The main cause of pathology is the accelerated growth of fungi of the genus Candida, which occurs under the influence of a variety of reasons.Read more...
Candidiasis is considered a common disease. Women feel more signs of his presence in their bodies than men, in whom the disease may be asymptomatic. Thrush can occur with the use of antibiotics that weaken the immune system and impair the protective functions of the body.Read more...
According to the medical version, every second girl is familiar with the “thrush” disease. The disease is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, but the situation is complicated if the thrush coincides with the menstruation period. What to do if symptoms appear before, after or during menstruation and how to treat thrush in each of the three cases - read our article.Read more...
Thrush - what is it, the causes of development, how to distinguish from other diseases, prevention of recurrence of candidiasis and how much it is contagious?Read more...
Determining the causes allows you to choose the right treatment, both primary and secondary. That's why everyone should check themselves out and find out what this unpleasant ailment came from (or returned again).Read more...
Often, women seek medical help because of candidiasis - an infectious lesion of yeast-like fungi of the vulvar and vaginal mucosa. This disease was known at the time of Hippocrates, only when it was called "thrush". So called candidal vulvovaginitis and modern girls and women around the world, and they are many: for example, in the US, 13 million cases of "thrush" are diagnosed each year.Read more...
The pharmacy chain is replete with medicines of various forms. The most familiar is a pill that you need to drink and wait for the effect. In gynecology, vaginal suppositories are more commonly used, and tablets are in addition. There are many tools for the treatment of candidiasis, how to choose the right one?Read more...
Popular analogues on the active substance are produced in France, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovenia, India. They all differ in price, side effects, the form of release, methods of use, special instructions, contraindications.Read more...