Fungus can appear in various places. Favorite habitats are wet parts of the body: armpits, the area under the knees, often there are fungal infections under the breast in women. There are kinds of fungi that prefer to develop on the scalp, or for example in the groin area. On the body, the fungus of the skin manifests itself in the form of areas devoid of pigmentation or rounded or oval zones [...]Read more...
Treatment of nail fungus on the feet takes a long time: one or two application of medicinal formulations will not solve the problem. Even if mycosis only began to develop and did not yet have time to cover the entire surface of the nail, you will have to show considerable patience.
If you do not conduct therapy, the disease will spread and from a small problem develop into a "catastrophe". And not only the aesthetic aspect of life will suffer, but also the moral side. With the spread of mycosis on the surface of the nails on the legs there are complications:
- Pain when walking. Strong pain can also be at rest.
- Psychological discomfort from the inability to bare feet (even on the beach you have to wear closed shoes).
- Constantly growing tension associated with the possibility of infecting close people (this can be both children and the second half, and casual guests, barefooted on the floor or used your home slippers). Spores of the fungus are stored indoors without loss of viability for a long time.
- There are other diseases, as well as allergies. This is due to the exhaustion of immunity, all the forces of which are unsuccessfully aimed at combating an uninvited guest - a fungus on the nails of the legs. Such confusion of immunity is enjoyed by viruses and bacteria that do not encounter practically no opposition on their way.
Do I need to see a doctor?
Before treating the nail fungus, it is necessary to sow the material scraped off the damaged area of the nail for proper prescribing.
After the establishment of a specific strain, laboratory studies of its sensitivity to the components of various antimycotic agents are carried out. The choice of treatment depends on this.
One kind of fungus may exhibit a different susceptibility to the active substances of modern drugs. Therefore, with the question of how to cure nail fungus on the legs, it is best to consult a doctor .
The pharmaceutical industry offers a variety of drugs that can not only treat the nail fungus on the legs, but also contribute to its softening and removal of the damaged nail plate. All medicines are divided into:
- Creams, emulsions, suspensions, gels and other forms of external preparations containing components against the fungus. Apply to the surface of the nail several times a day and act locally.
- Tablets and capsules of antifungal agents for oral administration. Accepted inside and their influence extends to all body systems.
- Varnishes for nails . They contain antifungal components that act locally.
- Creams and emulsions for softening the nail plate. They do not contain antifungal components and help to mechanically remove damaged areas.
In some situations, immunomodulating drugs may be used to further activate the body's own immune forces.
You can meet many recipes of folk sages, herbalists and healers, calling for the treatment of the nail fungus with various improvised means .
If a person still wants to be treated with "natural" drugs, then they should be used as prescriptions supplementing the basic treatment with medical products.
Drugs can not always penetrate into the depth of damaged nail tissue, so modern medicine suggests solving this problem with the help of laser radiation . The ray acts on the mycelium and fungus body. Like any protein compound, the tissues of the parasitizing organism under the influence of temperature fold and cease their life (die). After several procedures of laser treatment, the nail fungus on legs recedes.
There are several strains of fungi that can develop on the human body, some of them can affect the skin, while others prefer nails on the hands and feet. On the skin can appear areas with a lack of hair, redness, scaly, bleeding, plaque (it can be of different colors).
If the treatment of the foot fungus does not begin at an early stage, then it can spread to the entire surface of the nail, as well as the transition of the disease to the nail plate of the hands. The launched form requires complex treatment, and in some cases the only way to get rid of mycosis is to completely remove the affected plate surgically.
Do not forget about hygiene procedures , if you want to get rid of the disease forever. Treatment of the nail fungus on the legs can last for years without significant progress, if not observe the rules of hygiene:
- Wash your feet at least 2 times a day and before applying external medicinal products.
- Change socks (pantyhose, stockings, knee socks) after each washing of feet. Dirty socks should not be stored with other linens and must be boiled before the next use.
- Disinfect footwear (including sneakers, sneakers, sneakers, sandals and others) with special antifungal agents or get rid of it altogether.
Timely appeal to the doctor, accurate adherence to the scheme of use of medicines , hygiene and disinfection rules will allow to get rid of mycosis forever on the nails of the feet. The process is quite long and can take six months or a year, so you should be patient and persevering. Deviation from the planned treatment plan can delay the recovery time. Do not forget to consult your doctor.
And now more:
What means can I treat a nail fungus of a neglected form? Do you always need to use medicines inside and can you do without completely removing the plate at the start of the stage?Read more...
The needs of a person are largely determined by the possibilities: why twist the dial of a disk phone, if you can use a smartphone? A similar situation exists in the field of modern aesthetic medicine: a person seeks to find a good doctor with modern views that will be able to choose a comfortable, fast and effective treatment. In the case of fungal diseases of the nails - this is laser therapy.Read more...
Surely everyone in his life, if not himself, then at least heard of such a disease as mycosis stop. From relatives, friends, acquaintances, colleagues, doctors, from the media ... The scale of the problem is so significant that it is almost impossible to circumvent it. The disease is very common in the human population and it is possible to pick up a contagious fungus in a wide variety of situations.Read more...
It is believed that fungal lesions of the skin of the feet - the disease is very common and easily treatable. Be aware - if a fungus appears on the legs, treatment will be long and even if all the recommendations of doctors are observed, relapses may occur.Read more...
The doctor makes the diagnosis of "onychomycosis" after a visual medical examination, based on the data obtained during the microscopic examination. These data give an idea of the severity of the lesion, and the pathogens that caused the fungal infection.Read more...