You can try to cope with the fungus on the nails of the legs folk remedies. However, such treatment will be effective only when the first symptoms appear (see pictures ), i.e. in the initial stages of the lesion of the nail plate, and then, not always.
Alcohol iodine solution - the most popular means of treating nails fungus in the home. Let's explain why. This strong antiseptic has proven fungicidal properties.
In addition, iodine is able to force proteins to curl, destroy them.
This property helps iodine to fight fungal diseases, because reliably known - the fungus has a protein structure.
Available to the masses because of cheap iodine is used not only to restore the nails, but also for damaged areas of the feet, interdigital zones. But before you start the treatment of nail fungus with such medicine as iodine, remember that:
- Iodine kills most types of fungi, but not all.
- Iodine can provoke allergies, so one day before the onset of the intended course of treatment, drop a drop of iodine at the elbow bend. Contraindication to treatment is the occurrence of itching or redness. In this case, try another popular method of treating fungus.
- Iodine procedures contribute to the staining of the nail in yellow.
- Burns, dermatitis , and even thyroid problems are possible.
- The drug is suitable only for nails affected by fungal infection in the initial stage, when less than 1/3 of the nail is affected by the fungus.
Now you know how to treat nail fungus with iodine, and it's time to choose the appropriate recipe.
Option number 1. 5% alcohol solution should be applied twice a day, one drop to the affected nail. Make it comfortable with a cotton swab. Iodine is also applied to healthy nails, but in a smaller dosage: one drop in two days.
Option number 2. Add iodine to the basin with hot water and steam your legs in it for 10 minutes. Then the infected pieces of nails are cut off, and 3% hydrogen peroxide is applied to the skin. Completes the procedure of applying a bandage with antibacterial ointment.
Option number 3. The course is 6 weeks. The first two weeks the nails are treated with fucorcin twice a day, the next two with iodine solution, and the last two - with 9% vinegar.
Option number 4. In a separate container (suitable medical bubble) pour 1 tsp. iodine, nitrofungin , acetic essence, garlic juice. The resulting mixture should be lubricated with the damaged nail, pre-steam it and cut the loose part. The drug is applied at night, before applying be sure to shake.
Option number 5. Course - 1 month. Every evening you need to do a 30-minute salt bath (for 1 liter of hot water, 2 tablespoons of sea salt and 1 tablespoon of soda). After half an hour, without removing the legs from the water, the affected areas of the skin and nails are polished with a nail file or cut with scissors. Then you should wash your feet with soap, put gloves on your hands and treat the entire surface of the foot, nail rollers, areas between your fingers with iodine. On nails that are affected by the fungus, iodine is applied three times, waiting for each layer to dry.
Iodine treatment usually lasts about 2 months.
Whatever recipe you use, remember: you cannot handle healthy and fungal nails with the same tools! Otherwise, the fungi will move to a healthy nail plate.
From the tea fungus, immersed for 7-8 days in a sugar solution, it turns out healing sour-sweet drink. It has many medicinal properties, among them the ability to kill pathogenic bacteria and retard their growth.
That is why traditional healers use Kombucha to treat fungal nail infections.
Kombucha can be used in two ways: by rubbing in and applying a compress.
Rubbing in Free a small piece of tea fungus from the films and grind to a state of gruel. It should be rubbed into the nail plate affected by the fungus, 2-3 times a day.
Compresses. Separate one layer from Kombucha, soak it in water. On this preparation for applying the compress finished. In the evening, a piece of fungus should be applied in the nail plate, put cellophane on top of it and put on 2-3 socks so as not to soil the bedclothes. The pain arising in the first few procedures, for the sake of recovery is worth enduring.
In the morning, the compress is removed, feet are washed in warm water, and then proceed to the removal of dead nail pieces. The damaged surface is smeared with a strong solution of potassium permanganate or brilliant green. Treatment of nail fungus with Kombucha continues 3-7 days, and another 1-2 days for prophylactic purposes.
And yes, according to official medicine, the effectiveness of this tool is questionable.
Copper sulfate fans of folk healing methods used for the treatment of infectious diseases, and for the treatment of nail fungus on the legs . Often, the treatment of nail fungus with copper sulphate is combined with medication.
There are two options for using copper sulfate:
1. Solution of blue vitriol. Prepare it like this: in 1 l. boiled water dissolve 1 tsp. vitriol. This is a concentrated solution, so it must be diluted before use - 1 tablespoon of the solution in 1.5 liters of water.
- The water for the bath is heated (it should be warm)
- Add the required amount of solution.
- Dip your feet in the bath for 10-15 minutes.
- Treat nail plates with means prescribed by a doctor.
2. Ointment. Copper sulfate (1 tsp) is heated in a frying pan until it changes color - it should turn white or gray. Then we mix taken also on 1 tsp. yellow sulfur powder, tar (or goose fat). All components are mixed and heated. The resulting ointment is applied to the sick nails.
Birch tar and tar soap
Birch tar - a product obtained by dry distillation of birch bark. It is successfully used as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent. Treatment of nail fungus with birch tar is also effective, because it perfectly softens the horny skin. Folk healers propose to lubricate the skin with pure birch tar, as well as apply a mixture prepared on a basis of tar and agitated.
Natural birch tar is applied on the pre-treated feet: they are steamed in a soapy bath (15 minutes), after which the nails affected by the fungus are cut off and the dead skin from the feet is removed. The interdigital areas are wiped dry, and a birch tar is rubbed onto the affected areas with a cotton swab.
For 1.5 hours you should not move and put shoes on anything. The ointment should be absorbed into the skin when air is admitted. Then socks made of natural materials are put on the feet. After 2-3 days, wash your feet in cold water and soap and repeat the procedure again. During treatment can be treated with birch tar and insoles.
Treatment of nail fungus with tar is also possible with an ointment. For its preparation, you should take any fatty basis (baby cream, for example, or interior fat), and add tar to it. At the beginning of treatment, its concentration should not exceed 5%. Subsequently, you can use up to 15-20% of the tar.
Some prefer to use sulfur tar tar ointment. It consists of 3 parts of tar, 2 parts of sulfur powder and 10 parts of fat base. These components are preheated and mixed until uniform. This ointment is applied to the nail, and put a patch on top.
The most convenient way to use the talker. It consists of glycerin and tar, taken in 50 ml, and 70 ml. alcohol. The ingredients are mixed in a dark dish and grease the affected nails several times a day.
About 10% of birch tar is contained in tar soap. Yes, it smells unpleasant, but the skin is well disinfected and quickly restored. Here are a few options for using tar soap.
Option 1. Foot bath. Tar tar grated, measure out 2 tbsp. This amount is brought to complete dissolution in 2 liters of hot water, and then immersed in the solution of the legs for 15-20 minutes.
Option 2. 1 tbsp. rubbed soap slightly diluted with water, add 2 tsp. baking soda and actively stirred. The resulting mixture is rubbed into the affected nail. Do it once a day with a hard tooth brush.
Option 3. Nails are thoroughly soaped with tar soap, and nails are sprinkled with edible salt over the foam. Fingers and feet wrapped with a bandage for aesthetic reasons. In the morning, remove the bandage and wash your feet with warm water. It is believed that in a week the fungus should recede.
Sea and table salt
Table salt disinfects pathogenic microflora, and the sea helps to soften the nail and acts like an antiseptic.
This is not about treatment, but only about adjuvant therapy.
- Salt and soda should be dissolved in cold water. Ingredients are taken in a spoon. Session - 10 minutes, after which the feet are washed with warm water.
- Bath salt and vinegar are made every day. The solution is made from 100 grams. salt (sea or salt), 4 liters of water and 4. tbsp. vinegar.
- An effective method is the application of salt to the affected nail plates mixed with crushed mint .
- A cotton swab dipped in a solution of concentrated sea salt (a spoonful of salt in a glass of water) is applied to the nail for a couple of minutes. At the end of the procedure, the feet are washed with soda water. The course of treatment is 10 days, while burning and itching are considered normal.
- Baths with sea salt and essential oils are also made for 10 days. They will need to fill the basin with hot water at the rate of 1 l. water 1.5 tbsp. salt, stir until salt crystals are completely dissolved and add at the rate of 1 l. water or 1 tsp. essential oil, or 1 tsp lemon, or 0.25 ml. iodine. The course is once a day for 10 days in a row, then a break for 2-3 days.
- Launched nail fungus treated with garlic water. For its preparation in a glass of water dissolve a spoonful of salt and a crushed clove of garlic. After complete cooling of the solution is filtered, and add another 4 tbsp. salt. Garlic water lesions are treated twice a day.
- A packet of salt is poured into a bowl, dipped into the water and rubbed with salt. Then, dry salt is collected wet, the remains are shaken off with a brush.
Vinegar: Apple, Wine and Acetic Essence
The fungus dies in an acidic environment. That is why vinegar is very popular with those who want to get rid of fungal nail infections. Treatment of nail fungus with acetic acid can help even in particularly advanced cases . But you need to prepare for a long course of treatment and possible burns.
The easiest way to use vinegar is to wet their nails, put on thick socks made of natural material and go to bed. You can mix in equal proportions iodine and 9% vinegar, and lubricate the resulting solution nail plate and feet.
Like any strong acid, vinegar kills the fungus. And just like any acid, it can cause burns. Before embarking on such treatment, ask yourself why it is impossible to buy a pharmacy remedy instead of vinegar?
Components: a basin with water, 250 ml. vinegar (table or apple). The principle of treatment and duration: the water is heated, pour vinegar, lower legs and hover before bed for 10-15 minutes. Feet wipe without rinsing and apply antifungal agents prescribed by the doctor. Make these baths every 2 days.
Lotion with vinegar
Ingredients: Vinegar 9%. The principle of treatment and duration: moisten a cotton swab in vinegar, squeeze it and attach it to the nail affected by the fungus. The tampon should not protrude beyond the limits of the nail. Fasten a cotton swab with adhesive tape, put on a sock. The course of treatment is 7 days, a session 1 time per day, then a break for 2-3 days.
Components: 2 tbsp. essences, 3 chicken proteins (alternative - 1 tbsp of glycerin), 2 tbsp. vodka. The principle of treatment and duration: the solution is wetted with gauze or cotton swab, which is then applied to the affected nail plate for 15 minutes. The course of treatment is 6-12 months, the procedure is every day.
Ingredients: vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar in equal proportions. The principle of treatment and duration: a gauze tampon is moistened with a solution, which for convenience is fixed with a plaster. Apply until a new nail grows.
Components: 2 tbsp. spoons of 70-% vinegar, 1 tbsp. dimethyl phthalate, 1 tbsp. glycerin, 1 tbsp. olive oil. The principle of treatment and duration: after thorough mixing of the components, the ointment is ready for use. It should be applied once a day on the nail plate with massage movements (you can use a cotton swab). Next, a plastic bag and socks are put on the feet. In the morning, wash your feet with soap in warm water.
Celandine - a poisonous plant, but if used in reasonable quantities, you can quickly cope with the fungus of toenails, even in advanced cases. Herbal therapists are advised to use both celandine juice and medicinal baths, ointments and tinctures to fight the fungus. Here are a few options for their preparation.
Fresh celandine is passed through a meat grinder, and juice is squeezed out of the resulting pulp (this is done through 3-4 layers of gauze). It should be about 200 ml. juice. It is combined with 200 ml. 70% alcohol and insist 24 hours. The prepared juice is used to lubricate the affected nails, but the treatment is carried out only after a 10-minute steaming of the legs and their complete drying. To do 3-4 treatments per day. Treatment, as always, is carried out until the healthy nail grows.
In the foot bath add an infusion of celandine. Prepare it like this: in a liter of boiling water brewed for 15-20 minutes 100 grams. dried celandine . After filtering the infusion is ready to use. In the bath infusion and water are poured in a 1: 1 ratio. It takes 15-25 minutes to soar the feet.
The composition of the ointment, in addition to 5 drops of juice of the celandine includes 4 tbsp. boiled cooled water, 2 drops of juice of oregano and 2 drops of tincture of calendula . The components are mixed and the resulting ointment is processed nails affected by the fungus, 3 treatments per day.
Tincture of celandine
The celandine from the nail fungus in the form of an alcohol tincture is used very carefully. To prepare the tincture will need vodka and herb celandine in the ratio of 2: 1. The remedy is infused for 12 days and then used for treatment. It is worth starting with 5 drops, gradually increasing their number to 20.
It can be purchased at the pharmacy, or cook yourself. If you follow a more complicated path, then follow the scheme. Dry celandine, put it in a glass jar, pour any oil (for example, sunflower, almond, peach). It should rise above the grass by 2-3 cm (remember the number). Hour mixture should stand in the heat, and then a whole week in a cold and dark place. After 7 days, add the same amount of oil. Now it is ready to use.
Steam out the legs, process with peroxide, then treat the nails (remove the affected plates, cut off the edges) and apply locally the oil of celandine. The course is until complete recovery.
Soap and soda baths
They cannot completely replace drug therapy . Their main advantage is the softening of horny layers, which prevent ointments and creams from penetrating under the nail. Components for 7-10 liters of water:
- 3 tbsp. soda
- 3 tbsp. grated soap (household or tar)
The components are thoroughly mixed (until the soap and soda will not dissolve), and then the feet hover for 15-20 minutes. The procedure ends with cutting the nails, cleansing the affected areas, applying antifungal agents to dried nails and feet. The course is a procedure in 3-4 days.
It should be said that soda is used for douching in intimate fungus , because copes well with fungi of the genus Candida on the mucous. Its use for the treatment of nails remains a big question.
The required amount of soda diluted with water to a thick slurry. Mix thoroughly until smooth. Soda paste is applied a layer of the same thickness on the nail. On top of the soda drip a few drops of lemon juice. The result will be a slight tingling and the formation of characteristic bubbles. After five minutes, the paste is removed by washing the feet with warm water and soap.
Treatment of nail fungus with soda must be combined with treatment with antifungal ointments.
Immediately, we note that the treatment of nail fungus with hydrogen peroxide is very doubtful. This tool only disinfects the affected nail and softens it, which allows drugs to penetrate unhindered deep into the nail plate. If you do not use peroxide when treating the foot or cutting the nail, then you can bring even more infections.
We list the most popular ways to use hydrogen peroxide.
Helps soften the nail before being treated with antifungal drugs. After steaming, apply a cotton wool dipped in hydrogen peroxide on the fungus-affected nail. The procedure is repeated twice a day for 3-4 weeks.
Make an aqueous solution with 3% hydrogen peroxide and put his legs in it for 2 minutes. At the end of the procedure, the nail plates are smeared with a slurry of water and peroxide.
Expose the "healers"
On youtube there is a video where the author claims that he cured the fungus with peroxide. But:
1. The author refers to the words of a certain “professor” Neumyvakin, who says (quote): “atomic oxygen kills onco-cells, and normal cells flourish and live” - yes it smacks of a Nobel prize, ladies and gentlemen! Doctors all over the world have been fighting cancer for many decades, but it turns out that everything is so simple!
2. The author spent the procedure for several months, honestly stating that it is painful and unpleasant, and peroxide, even 3%, eats away at the skin. There are no questions about the duration of the treatment. If you have started your nails , you need to smear them until the new ones grow. But there is another question: Why do this if you can, instead of peroxide, buy ointment for 50 rubles in the same pharmacy and carry out much less painful procedures?
In general, take pity on your health.
Onions, garlic, lemon
Onions, garlic and lemon - plants with the broadest antimicrobial action.
- Onion oil. 2 tbsp. onion peel and 3 tbsp. vegetable oil combine, insist 3 weeks (shaking occasionally). Lesions smeared with oil 3-4 times a day.
- Onion tincture. 4 tbsp. onion peel (minced) infused in 200 ml. Vodka 10-14 days in total darkness and coolness. Nails are treated with tincture 3-4 times a day.
- Garlic solution. Water, garlic juice and alcohol are taken in a ratio of 10: 1: 1. The solution is shaken and applied to the nails 2-3 times a day. Store the solution in the refrigerator.
- Lemon compress. Treatment of nail fungus with lemon is an overlay on a nail of a crushed lemon (1/4 is enough) steamed in a bath (1 1/4 is enough) and 1 tsp. vegetable oil. The mixture is covered with parchment paper, and a wool sock is put on top. Repeat every day for 2 weeks. Warning: can be used only in the absence of purulent discharge.
Well, and finally, for the sake of completeness, listen to well-known physicians about whether to use folk remedies: