You can try to cope with the fungus on the nails of the feet folk remedies. However, such treatment will be effective only when the first symptoms appear (see pictures ), i.e. At the initial stages of lesion of the nail plate, and then, not always.
Alcohol solution of iodine is the most popular treatment for nail fungus in the home. Let's explain why. This strong antiseptic has proven fungicidal properties.
In addition, iodine can make proteins clot, destroy them.
This property and helps iodine to fight with fungal diseases, because It is known that the fungus has a protein structure.
Available to the masses because of the cheapness of iodine is used not only for the restoration of nails, but also for damaged areas of feet, interdigital zones. But before you start treating the nail fungus with such a medicine as iodine, remember that:
- Iodine kills most species of fungi, but not all.
- Iodine can provoke the occurrence of allergies, so a day before the start of the proposed course of treatment, drop a drop of iodine on the elbow bend. Contraindication to treatment will be the occurrence of itching or redness. In this case, try another folk method of treating the fungus.
- Iodine treatments help to stain the nail in yellow.
- Possible burns, dermatitis , and even problems with the thyroid gland.
- The drug is suitable only for nails, infected with a fungal infection in the initial stage, when the fungus affects less than 1/3 of the nail.
Now you know how to treat the nail fungus with iodine, and it's time to choose a suitable recipe.
Option number 1. 5% alcohol solution should be applied twice a day, one drop on the fungal affected nail. Do it conveniently with a cotton swab. On healthy nails iodine is also applied, but in a smaller dosage: one drop in two days.
Option number 2. In the basin with hot water, add iodine and steam it in the legs for 10 minutes. Then the infected pieces of nails are cut off, and 3% hydrogen peroxide is applied to the skin. The dressing with antibacterial ointment completes the procedure.
Option number 3. Course - 6 weeks. The first two weeks of the nails are treated twice a day with fucorcin , the next two - iodine solution, and the last two - 9% vinegar.
Option number 4. In a separate container (a medical vial is suitable), pour 1 tsp. Iodine, nitrofungin , acetic essence, garlic juice. The resulting mixture must be lubricated with a damaged nail, previously steaming it and cutting off the loose part. The medicine is applied overnight, before shake is necessarily shaken.
Option number 5. Course - 1 month. Every evening you need to make a 30-minute salt bath (1 liter of hot water 2 tablespoons sea salt and 1 tablespoon soda). Half an hour later, without removing the legs from the water, the affected areas of skin and nails are ground with a nail file or cut with scissors. Then the feet should be washed with soap, put on the hands of gloves and iodine treated the entire surface of the foot, nail rollers, areas between the fingers . On the nails that are affected by the fungus, iodine is applied three times, waiting for the drying of each layer.
Treatment with iodine usually lasts about 2 months.
Whichever recipe you take for service, remember: it is impossible to handle healthy nail-infected nails with the same tools! Otherwise, the fungus will migrate to a healthy nail plate.
From the tea fungus, immersed for 7-8 days in a sugar solution, it turns out a curative sour-sweet drink. It has many healing properties, among them the ability to kill pathogenic bacteria and delay their growth.
That's why folk healers use a tea fungus to treat a fungal nail infection.
You can use a tea mushroom in two ways: rubbing and applying a compress.
Rubbing. A small piece of a tea mushroom is released from the films and ground to a state of gruel. It should be rubbed into the nail plates affected by the fungus 2-3 times a day.
Compresses. From the tea fungus, separate one layer, soak it in water. On this, the preparations for compressing are finished. In the evening, a piece of the mushroom should be applied in the nail plate, put cellophane on top of it and put on 2-3 socks, so as not to spoil the bed linen. The pain that occurs in the first few procedures, for the sake of recovery, is worth enduring.
In the morning the compress is removed, the feet are washed in warm water, and then they start to remove the dead pieces of the nail. The damaged surface is smeared with a strong solution of potassium permanganate or zelenok. Treatment of nail fungus with tea fungus lasts 3-7 days, and another 1-2 days for preventive purposes.
And yes, according to official medicine, the effectiveness of this tool is questionable.
Copper sulphate fans of folk remedies are used both for the treatment of infectious diseases, and for the treatment of nail fungus on the legs . Often, the treatment of nail fungus with copper sulfate is combined with taking medications.
There are two options for using copper sulfate:
1. Solution of copper sulfate. Prepare it this way: in 1 liter. Boiled water is dissolved 1 tsp. Vitriol. This is a concentrated solution, so it must be diluted before use - 1 tablespoon solution in 1.5 liters of water.
- The water for the bath is heated (it should be warm)
- Add the necessary amount of solution.
- Put your feet in the bath for 10-15 minutes.
- Treat the nail plates with the drug prescribed by the doctor.
2. Ointment. Copper vitriol (1 tsp) is calcined in a pan until it changes color - it should turn white or gray. Then we mix up also 1 tsp. A powder of yellow sulfur, tar (or goose fat). All components are mixed and heated. The resulting ointment is applied to the sick nails.
Birch tar and tar soap
Birch tar is a product obtained by dry distillation of birch bark. It is successfully used as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent. Treatment of nail fungus with birch tar is also effective, because it perfectly softens the keratinized skin. Folk healers offer to lubricate the skin with pure birch tar, and also apply tar-mixes and ointments prepared on the basis of tar.
Natural birch tar is applied to pre-treated feet: they are steamed in a soap bath (15 minutes), after which the nails are cut off with a fungus and the dead skin is removed from the foot. Interdigital zones are wiped dry, and the birch tar is applied to the affected areas with a cotton swab slightly rubbed into the skin.
For 1.5 hours you should not move and get something to wear. The ointment should be absorbed into the skin with air access. Then socks of natural materials are put on their feet. After 2-3 days, wash your feet in cold water with soap and repeat the procedure. During treatment, it is possible to treat with birch tar and insoles.
Treatment of nail fungus with tar is possible and with ointment. For its preparation, take any fat base (baby cream, for example, or interior fat), and add tar to it. At the beginning of treatment, its concentration should not exceed 5%. Subsequently, up to 15-20% tar can be used.
Some prefer to use sulfur-tar ointment. It consists of 3 parts of tar, 2 parts of sulfur powder and 10 parts of fat basis. These components are heated and mixed until uniform. This ointment is applied to the nail, and a plaster is placed on top.
It is most convenient to use the chattle. It consists of glycerin and tar, taken 50 ml, and 70 ml. Alcohol. The ingredients are mixed in a dark container and the affected nails are lubricated several times a day.
About 10% of birch tar is contained in tar soap. Yes, it smells unpleasant, but the skin is well disinfected and quickly restored. Here are just a few options for using tar tar soap.
Option 1. Trays for feet. Grind soap grated, measure 2 tbsp. This amount is brought to complete dissolution in 2 liters of hot water, and then lowered into the solution of the foot for 15-20 minutes.
Option 2. 1 tbsp. Grated soap is slightly diluted with water, add 2 tsp. Baking soda and actively mix. The resulting mixture is rubbed into the affected nail. Do this once a day with a hard brush for teeth.
Option 3. Nails carefully soap with tar soap, and over the foam sprinkle nails with salt. Fingers and feet are wound with a bandage for aesthetic reasons. In the morning, the bandage is removed, and the feet are washed with warm water. It is believed that a week later the fungus should retreat.
Sea and table salt
The table salt disinfects the pathogenic microflora, while the sea salt helps to soften the nail and acts like an antiseptic.
This is not about treatment, but only about supportive therapy.
- Salt and soda should be dissolved in cold water. Ingredients are taken on a spoon. Session - 10 minutes, after which the feet are washed with warm water.
- Baths of salt and vinegar do every day. The solution is made from 100 gr. Salt (sea or cookery), 4 liters of water and 4. st.l. Vinegar.
- An effective way is to apply to the affected nail plates salt mixed with chopped mint .
- Cotton swab dipped in a solution of concentrated sea salt (a glass of water a spoonful of salt) is applied for a couple of minutes to the nail. At the end of the procedure, your feet are washed with soda water. The course of treatment is 10 days, while burning and itching are considered normal.
- Baths with sea salt and essential oils are also made for 10 days. For them, you will need to fill the basin with hot water at a rate of 1 liter. Water 1.5 tbsp. Salt, stir until the crystals of salt have dissolved completely and add, based on 1 liter. Water or 1 tsp. Essential oil, or 1 tsp. Lemon, or 0.25 ml. Iodine. Course - once a day for 10 consecutive days, then break 2-3 days.
- The nail fungus is treated with garlic water. To make it in a glass of water, dissolve a spoonful of salt and crushed clove of garlic. After complete cooling, the solution is filtered, and another 4 tablespoons are added. Salt. With garlic water, the lesions are treated twice a day.
- A package of salt is poured into a bowl, immersed in water and rubbed with salt. Then dry salt is collected wet, the remainder is brushed off.
Vinegar: apple, wine and acetic essence
Fungus dies in an acidic environment. That's why vinegar is very popular with those who want to get rid of a fungal nail infection. Treatment of nail fungus with acetic acid can help even in particularly neglected cases . But you need to prepare for a long course of treatment and possible burns.
The simplest version of using vinegar is to moisten their nails, put on dense socks made of natural material and go to bed. You can mix iodine and 9% vinegar in equal proportions, and lubricate the resulting solution with nail plates and feet.
Like any strong acid, vinegar kills the fungus. And just like any acid, it can cause burns. Before proceeding to such treatment, ask yourself, why can not you buy a medicine instead of vinegar?
Components: a basin of water, 250 ml. Vinegar (table or apple). Principle of treatment and duration: water is heated, vinegar is poured, legs are lowered and soared at bedtime for 10-15 minutes. The feet are wiped without rinsing, and the antifungal agents prescribed by the doctor are applied. Make such baths every 2 days.
Gadgets with vinegar
Ingredients: vinegar 9%. The principle of treatment and duration: a cotton swab moisten in vinegar, squeeze it and attach it to the nail, affected by the fungus. The tampon should not protrude beyond the nail. Fix a cotton swab with adhesive plaster, put on a sock. The course of treatment is 7 days, a session once a day, then a break for 2-3 days.
Components: 2 tbsp. Essences, 3 chicken proteins (alternative - 1 tablespoon glycerin), 2 tablespoons Of vodka. Principle of treatment and duration: the solution is wetted with gauze or cotton swab, which is then applied to the affected nail plate for 15 minutes. The course of treatment is 6-12 months, the procedure is every day.
Ingredients: vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar in equal proportions. Principle of treatment and duration: a gauze swab is moistened with a solution, which is fixed with plaster for convenience. Apply until the new nail grows.
Components: 2 tbsp. Spoon 70% vinegar, 1 tbsp. Dimethyl phthalate, 1 tbsp. Glycerin, 1 tbsp. olive oil. Principle of treatment and duration: after careful mixing of the components, the ointment is ready for use. It should be applied once a day on the nail plate with massage movements (you can use a cotton swab). Further on the feet is put on a cellophane bag, socks. In the morning, feet are washed with soap and warm water.
Purity - the plant is poisonous , but if you use it in reasonable quantities, you can quickly cope with the fungus of the nails on your feet, even in neglected cases. Phytotherapists for combating the fungus are advised to use both celandine juice, and therapeutic baths, and ointments, and tinctures. Here are a few options for their preparation.
Juice of celandine
Freshly cleaned celandine is passed through a meat grinder, and juice is extracted from the resulting pulp (do this through 3-4 layers of gauze). Should leave approximately 200 ml. Juice. It is combined with 200 ml. 70% alcohol and insist 24 hours. Prepared juice is used to lubricate the affected nails, but the treatment is carried out only after 10 minutes of steaming the legs and completely drying them. Do 3-4 treatments a day. Treatment, as always, is carried out before the healthy nail grows.
An infusion of celandine is added to the foot bath. Prepare it this way: in a liter of boiling water brew for 15-20 minutes 100 gr. Dried celandine . After filtering, the infusion is ready for use. In the bath, infusion and water are poured in a 1: 1 ratio. To steam feet it is necessary 15-25 minutes.
In the composition of the ointment, except for 5 drops of celandine juice are 4 tablespoons. Boiled cold water, 2 drops of oregano and 2 drops of marigold tincture . The ingredients are mixed and the resultant ointment treats the nails affected by the fungus, 3 treatments per day.
Tincture of celandine
Purity from the fungus of nails in the form of alcohol tincture is used very carefully. To make the tincture, you will need vodka and celandine grass in a ratio of 2: 1. The drug is infused for 12 days and then used for treatment. Start with 5 drops, gradually increasing their number to 20.
Butter from celandine
It can be purchased at a pharmacy, or prepared independently. If you follow a more complex path, then follow the scheme. Dry the celandine, put it in a glass jar, fill it with any oil (for example, sunflower, almond, peach). It should rise 2-3 cm above the grass (remember the amount). The mixture should last for an hour in the warmth, and then a whole week in a cold and dark place. After 7 days, add as much oil. Now it is ready to use.
Legs to steam, treat with peroxide, then treat the nails (remove the affected plates, cut off the edges) and apply local celandine oil. Course - until complete recovery.
Soap and soda baths
They can not completely replace medical therapy . Their main advantage is the softening of the horny layers, which do not allow the ointment and creams to penetrate the nail. Components for 7-10 liters of water:
- 3 tbsp. Soda
- 3 tablespoons Soap, grated on a grater (economic or tar)
The components are thoroughly mixed (until the soap and soda dissolve), and then the feet float for 15-20 minutes. The procedure ends by cutting nails, cleaning the affected areas, applying to dried nails and feet of antifungal agents. The course is a procedure in 3-4 days.
It should be said that soda is used for syringing with an intimate fungus , because Well cope with fungi of the genus Candida mucosa. Its use for the treatment of nails remains a big question.
The necessary amount of soda is diluted with water to the state of thick slurry. Stir thoroughly until a uniform mass is formed. Soda paste is applied a layer of the same thickness on the nail. Over the soda drip a few drops of lemon juice. The result will be a slight tingling and the formation of characteristic bubbles. After five minutes, the paste is removed, washing the feet with warm water and soap.
Treatment of nail fungus must be combined with treatment with antifungal ointments.
Just note that the treatment of nail fungus with hydrogen peroxide is very doubtful. This means only disinfects the affected nail and softens it, which allows the medicines to penetrate into the nail plate without hindrance. If you do not use peroxide to process the foot or cut the nail, then you can bring more infections.
Let's list the most popular ways of using hydrogen peroxide.
Help to soften the nail before treatment with antifungal drugs. After steaming, cotton wool soaked in hydrogen peroxide is applied to the nail affected by the fungus. The procedure is repeated twice a day for 3-4 weeks.
Baths with peroxide
Make an aqueous solution with 3% hydrogen peroxide and lower the legs into it for 2 minutes. At the end of the procedure, the nail plates are lubricated with gruel from water and peroxide.
We expose the "healers"
On youtube there is a video where the author declares that he cured the fungus with peroxide. But:
1. The author refers to the words of a certain "professor" Neumyvakin, who says (quotation): "atomic oxygen kills onko-cells, and normal cells blossom and live" - yes it smells of Nobel Prize, ladies and gentlemen! Doctors all over the world are fighting cancer for decades, but it turns out that everything is so simple!
2. The author conducted the procedure for several months, honestly stating that it is painful and unpleasant, and peroxide, even 3%, corrodes the skin. On the duration of treatment, there are no questions, if you run your nails , you need to smear them until the new ones grow back. But there is another question: Why do this if you can buy instead of peroxide in the same pharmacy ointment for 50 rubles and carry out a much less painful procedure?
In general, take pity on your health.
Onions, garlic, lemon
Onions, garlic and lemon are plants that have the broadest antimicrobial effect.
- Onion oil. 2 tablespoons Onion husks and 3 tbsp. Combine vegetable oil, insist for 3 weeks (shaking occasionally). The lesions are smeared with oil 3-4 times a day.
- Onion tincture. 4 tablespoons Onion husks (crushed) are insisted in 200 ml. Vodka for 10-14 days in complete darkness and coolness. Nails are treated with tincture 3-4 times a day.
- Garlic solution. Water, garlic juice and alcohol are taken in a ratio of 10: 1: 1. The solution is shaken and applied to the nails 2-3 times a day. Store the solution in the refrigerator.
- Compress of lemon. The treatment of nail fungus with lemon is the application of a compressed compress of crushed lemon (enough 1/4) and 1 tsp to a napkin in a bath. Vegetable oil. The mixture is covered with parchment paper, and a woolen sock is put on top. Repeat every day for 2 weeks. Caution: can be used only in the absence of festering discharge.
Finally, for the sake of completeness, listen to well-known doctors , about whether it is worth using folk remedies: