What to replace?
Full analogues in composition:
: 790 р. Average online price * : 790 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Neo-Penotran Forte is a German-made antifungal and antibacterial drug used to treat genital infections and inflammatory diseases of the pelvic, vulvar, and vaginal organs.
The tool is available in the form of vaginal suppositories for auxiliary (or primary) therapy for chlamydia, gardnerellosis, thrush and other infectious diseases.
One package of the drug costs about 950 rubles. Despite this, the tool is popular among patients and doctors, as it has a pronounced therapeutic effect on the third or fourth day of use.
When is it applied?
"Neo-Penotran Forte" is active against most gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria, and also quickly copes with fungi (thanks to miconazole, which is part of the drug). The drug is used to treat the following diseases:
- bacterial vaginosis;
- thrush (candidiasis) of the vagina and vulva;
- vaginitis caused by the pathogenic activity of Trichomonas;
- urogenital trichomoniasis;
- other vaginitis of infectious origin;
- inflammatory pathology of the pelvic organs.
Before the appointment of the drug should be examined to clarify the cause of the development of the pathogenic process.
How to apply?
Candles "Neo-Penotran Forte" should be inserted into the vagina for a few centimeters. Before the introduction procedure, you need to wash your hands or treat them with an antiseptic solution.
Despite the presence of fingertips in the kit, you need to pay attention to nail hygiene - too long nail plates can scratch the vaginal mucosa, which can lead to the entry of bacteria or germs and secondary infection.
The daily dosage for all categories of patients is 1 suppository. The duration of treatment is a week. For elderly patients there are no special recommendations for use.
Note! If necessary (for example, in case of recurrence of the disease) "Neo-Penotran Forte" can be used within two weeks.
Suppositories "Neo-Penotran Forte" can not be assigned to women with at least one indication from the list below:
- allergy or intolerance to the components of the drug;
- liver disease;
- pregnancy (1 trimester);
- presence of the hymen (virginity).
Important! Girls and girls under the age of 18 years old “Neo-Penotran Forte” is not appointed due to the lack of clinical data on the use of the drug at the specified age.
Pregnancy and lactation
The drug is approved for use during pregnancy, from 12-14 weeks of gestation.
In the first trimester, the use of suppositories can provoke complications, as well as affect the formation of the internal organs of the fetus.
Treatment of pregnant patients is carried out strictly according to the indications and under the supervision of a gynecologist or other specialized specialist.
At the time of therapy, lactating women should stop lactation, since metronidazole in significant concentrations passes into breast milk.
It is possible to resume feeding the child in 1-2 days - this is the period of elimination of the active substance from the body, consult with your doctor about the timing of the interruption of feeding.
No cases of overdose have been reported.
During therapy, negative reactions may occur, most often local. These include itching and burning, as well as redness of the vagina of the external genital organs.
Important! Severe itching or severe irritation of the vagina is an indication for interrupting therapy.
Much less often "Neo-Penotran Forte" causes systemic reactions (less than 7% of all cases of diagnosing side effects), for example:
- stomach ache;
- constipation and diarrhea;
- other digestive disorders (nausea, vomiting, etc.);
- increased anxiety;
- nasty bitterness in the mouth;
- convulsive syndrome;
- dryness of the mucous membranes of the oral cavity;
- loss of appetite.
Note! Systemic phenomena when using "Neo-Penotran Forte" practically do not arise due to the low concentration of active substances in the blood plasma when applied topically.
Composition and release form
Suppositories "Neo-Penotran Forte" consist of only three components.
- Metronidazole (750 mg). It has antibacterial effect, as well as antiprotozoal properties. Destroys anaerobic bacteria, including streptococci, gardnerella, Trichomonas, etc.
- Miconazole (in the form of miconazole nitrate, 200 mg). Antifungal component, especially effective against fungi of the genus Candida, which cause the development of thrush. Fights most gram-positive microorganisms.
- Witepsol. A mixture of saturated fatty acids for the production of suppositories (base).
The drug is available in the form of white vaginal candles, placed in a blister of 7 pieces each. Included with the drug is instruction and 7 fingertips.
Miconazole with local use in blood plasma is not detected. Metronidazole is 20% bound to plasma. The maximum concentration is reached within 2-4 hours.
The half-life of metronidazole is from 6 to 11 hours. The substance is removed with the kidneys (about 20% - unchanged). Metabolized in the liver.
Interaction with other substances
|Substance / drug||Effect when applied simultaneously|
|Ethyl alcohol / ethanol||Disulfiram-like phenomena|
|Preparations containing lithium salts||Increased lithium toxicity|
|Phenobarbital||Reducing the amount of metronidazole in the blood plasma|
|Astemizol||Suppression of the disintegration of astemizole, an increase in its concentration in the blood|
|Terfenadine||Suppression of terfenadine breakdown, increasing its concentration in the blood|
|Cimetidine||Side effects of the nervous system|
|Phenytoin||The increase in the content of phenytoin, a decrease in the concentration of metronidazole|
|Oral anticoagulants||Improving the effectiveness of anticoagulant therapy|
- Alcohol is not allowed (any doses) during treatment, as well as 48 hours after its termination.
- It is recommended to avoid sexual contact when using “Neo-Penotran Forte”, as it is possible that the rubber of the condom may be damaged (components that form the basis for the manufacture of suppositories).
The drug can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator (not below 2 degrees). Suppository freezing is not allowed! Candles can be stored for 2 years within the expiration date.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.