: 88 р. Average price online * : 88 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
What is this drug
According to the description, Nystatin refers to antifungal agents. It is designed to combat candida, which appeared from the fungus Candida and Aspergillus. The tablets are coated with a light yellow shell, usually have a slight odor of vanillin.
The main active ingredient is nystatin. In one tablet it is contained in the amount of 250 000 IU. Available in 500,000 units. The group of auxiliary components includes:
- calcium stearate,
- magnesium carbonate
- potato starch,
- titanium dioxide pigment,
- Vaseline oil,
- vanillin and others
There are 10 pieces in one cellular package. There are sets of 20 pieces, placed in glass or polymer jars. Tablets can not only be taken orally, but also to prepare a solution from them.
Tablets are in the list B. Their storage should be kept dry and protected from light. Temperature in the range of 18 to 20 ° C. The shelf life of the drug for two years.
How does the drug and to whom it is shown
Nystatin tablets have a devastating effect on the membranes of fungal cells. Penetrating inside, the active substance of the drug violates the integrity of the cells, leading to their death. It is especially active in yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida.
The indications for the use of tablets are candidiasis:
- mucous membranes and skin,
- organs of the gastrointestinal system,
For the purpose of preventing candidiasis, the drug is used:
- in the process of long-term antibiotic treatment,
- with the external use of antibacterial agents (in the treatment of genital organs),
- before surgery for intestines and after surgery.
When can not be treated with Nystatin
The instructions clearly state the conditions in which you can not use the drug. These include:
- weakening of the liver,
- gastric and duodenal ulcer,
- hypersensitivity to the composition of the drug,
- pregnancy and lactation time.
Possible side effects
The drug is not toxic and is generally well tolerated when taken internally. In some cases, there are:
- decreased appetite
- nausea or vomiting,
- allergic manifestations in the form of pruritus, urticaria , etc.
During treatment with Nystatin, side effects are quite rare. With the abolition of the drug they pass.
It is important - about the compatibility of drugs
Since nystatin passes through the human body almost “in transit,” it interacts with a small amount of medication. But those who are being treated with other medicines at the same time should know:
- In a pair of Tetracycline - Nystatin "partners" complement each other well. Their antifungal and antimicrobial effect is more pronounced.
- Clotrimazole activity decreases.
- In combination with Polymyxin and Nifuratel Nystatin enhances its action. The same result from combination with chemotrypsin.
- The activity of the drug decreases from antacids with aluminum, magnesium, calcium (Maalox, Almagel, etc.).
- From Nystatin weakens the effect of indirect anticoagulants (Atcenocoumarol, Coumadin, Warfarin, Fenindione, etc.).
- The reducing effect of interaction with Nystatin occurs with bactericidal antibiotics (cephalosporins, penicillins).
- Combining with Nystatin also reduces the effectiveness of oral contraceptives with estrogen (Logest, Marvelon). The risk of bleeding between periods increases.
In case of candidiasis of internal organs, the medicine can be consumed regardless of food in the amount of 500,000 units 3-4 times a day or 250,000 IU from 6 to 8 times a day. Tablets are recommended to be swallowed entirely. On average, the treatment course lasts from 10 days to two weeks.
If there are observed generalized or constantly emerging forms of fungal infection, prescribe new courses of treatment at intervals of two to three weeks. The dosage is increased to 6,000,000 units per day.
In the treatment of oral mucosal candidiasis, nystatin tablets are placed on the cheek until they dissolve. The dose is 500,000 units. The procedure should be performed after eating and brushing. Frequency 3-5 times per day.
With candidiasis of the digestive organs:
Since the drug is characterized mainly by local action on the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract, it is often prescribed for the treatment of candidiasis of the digestive system.
If this disease has hit the intestines, stomach or esophagus, then nystatin is prescribed by mouth for 1-2 tablets (500,000 IU) four times a day. The duration of treatment is at least two weeks.
In pediatrics, nystatin is still used against candidiasis. Oral thrush is often cured with a drug-based formulation. A tablet of 250,000 IU is ground into powder and combined with a solution of vitamin B12 (in a vial of 1 ml). This composition lubricates the diseased areas of the oral cavity. Sometimes the vitamin solution is replaced by water.
The dose of nystatin is assigned depending on the age of the child:
- up to 1 year: from 100 to 125 thousand IU 3-4 times a day;
- from 1 to 3 years: 250 000 IU 3-4 times per day;
- from 3 to 13 years: 250 000 or 400 000 IU per day 3-4 times;
- above 13 years old: 250,000 or 500,000 IU per day 3-4 times
Leave your feedback in the comments!
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.