Other dosage forms:
Since January 2014, the production of nisoral tablets has been discontinued. At the moment, the drug is not on sale, select an analog.
Instructions for use
White tablets contain 200 mg of ketoconazole, in a package of 10 or 30 tablets in blisters.
The active ingredient is ketoconazole, a very popular antimycotic, effective against most fungi: Torulopsis, Malassezia, Candida, Cryptococcus, etc. Auxiliary substances: water, cornstarch, cellulose, lactose, polyvidone K90, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide.
The drug slows down the synthesis and changes the composition of the components of the cell membrane of fungi, stopping their growth leads to the death of pathogenic organisms.
Who is appointed
Ketoconazole is used in the treatment of fungal infections, including:
- treatment of fungal infections of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus and intestines ;
- treatment of chronic thrush , especially if local remedies do not help;
- mycoses of feet, nails, other parts of the body. Actually against the fungus in the advanced stage ;
- prevention of fungal infections after chemotherapy.
For treatment of skin and nails, the pill is prescribed by the doctor in special cases, for example, if the patient is of advanced age or has problems with immunity.
Adults take Nizoral tablets once a day, along with food, for better absorption. Sometimes the attending physician increases the dose to 200 mg. Only with thrush the dosage is increased to 400 mg per day (2 tablets), but the course of treatment is 5 days (see table).
Children are prescribed pills only by a doctor, in exceptional cases.
Duration of treatment:
|Ringworm (fungus on the skin)||1 month|
|Onychomycosis (nail fungus)||From six months to a year, until the affected nail is updated|
|Pityriasis versicolor||10 days|
|Systemic mycosis||1-2 months|
|Candidosis of the oral mucosa , candidiasis of the skin||2-3 weeks|
|Thrush||5 days (400 mg each)|
|Prevention of fungal infection||400 mg once|
- lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency;
- age up to 3 years;
- liver disease;
- non-tolerability of any of the components of the drug.
Concurrent use with such drugs is contraindicated:
- levacetylmethadol (levometadil);
When taken simultaneously with alcohol significantly increases the risk of side effects and toxic effects on the liver.
Tablets containing clotrimazole, are contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation.
If there is an urgent need to use the drug during the period of feeding, then you need to discuss with your doctor the timing of the interruption of lactation at the time of treatment.
- Increased intracranial pressure;
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Impaired stool;
- The development of drug hepatitis is extremely rare;
- Trouble sleeping;
- Disruption of the menstrual cycle;
- Photosensitivity (sensitivity of the skin to light);
- Paresthesia (numbness, tingling, goosebumps);
- Due to a drop in testosterone levels, gynecomastia is possible in men and a decrease in libido;
- Platelet count reduction.
For sale by prescription. Store in a dry place at room temperature. Shelf life - 5 years.