Other dosage forms:
Since January 2014, the production of Nizoral in tablets has been discontinued. At the moment, the drug is not on sale, choose an analog.
Instructions for use
Tablets of white color, contain 200 mg of ketoconazole, in a package of 10 or 30 tablets in blisters.
The active ingredient is ketoconazole, a very popular antimycotic effective against most fungi: Torulopsis, Malassezia, Candida, Cryptococcus, etc. Auxiliary substances: water, corn starch, cellulose, lactose, polyvidone K90, magnesium stearate, silicon colloidal dioxide.
The drug slows the synthesis and changes the composition of the components of the cell membrane of fungi, stopping their growth leads to the death of pathogens.
To whom appoint
Ketoconazole is used in the treatment of fungal infections, including:
- Treatment of fungal infections of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus and intestines ;
- Treatment of chronic thrush , especially if local remedies do not help;
- Mycosis of the feet, nails, other parts of the body. Actual against the fungus in the advanced stage ;
- Prevention of fungal infections after chemotherapy.
For the treatment of skin and nails, the doctor appoints the pills in special cases, for example if the patient has a significant age or problems with immunity.
Tablets Nizoral adults take once a day, at the same time with food, for better assimilation. Sometimes the attending physician increases the dose to 200 mg. Only when thrush dosage is increased to 400 mg per day (2 tablets), but the course of treatment is 5 days (see table).
For children, the tablet is prescribed only by a doctor, in exceptional cases.
Duration of treatment:
|Dermatomycosis (fungus on the skin)||1 month|
|Onychomycosis (nail fungus)||From half a year to a year, until the amazed nail is updated|
|Peregrine lichen||10 days|
|Systemic mycosis||1-2 months|
|Candidiasis of the oral mucosa , candidiasis of the skin||2-3 weeks|
|Thrush||5 days (400 mg each)|
|Prevention of fungal infection||400 mg once|
- Lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency;
- Age up to 3 years;
- Liver disease;
- Any of the components of the drug.
Contraindicated simultaneous reception with such drugs:
- Levacetylmethadol (levometadil);
With the simultaneous intake of alcohol significantly increases the risk of side effects and toxic effects on the liver.
Tablets containing clotrimazole are contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation.
If there is an urgent need to use the drug during the period of feeding, then it is necessary to discuss with the doctor the timing of the interruption of lactation at the time of treatment.
- Increased intracranial pressure;
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Stool disorder;
- Very rarely is there a development of drug-induced hepatitis;
- Problems with sleeping;
- Violations of the menstrual cycle;
- Photosensitivity (skin sensitivity to light);
- Paresthesia (numbness, tingling, crawling);
- Due to a drop in testosterone levels, gynecomastia in men and a decrease in libido are possible;
- Decreased platelet count.
Sold by prescription. Store in a dry place at room temperature. Shelf life - 5 years.
Leave your feedback about this product.