Produced by different companies under the name “Oksolin”, “Oksolinovaya ointment”, there are no analogues.
: 47 р. Average online price * : 47 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Oxolinic ointment is one of the most affordable antiviral agents. People prefer it because of its low price and ease of use. However, its widespread use is too exaggerated. It only has a good antiviral effect against certain viruses.
Indications for use of Oxolinic ointment are diseases caused by adenovirus, influenza virus and herpes simplex :
- versicolor (bubbly, shingles , scaly);
- flu (for prevention only);
- molluscum contagiosum;
- diseases of the skin and eyes of viral etiology;
- viral etiology rhinitis;
- dermatitis dühring.
Mode of application
Oxolinic ointment can be applied nasally and percutaneously. For nasal administration, 0.25% concentration is used. As a preventive measure for flu, ointment is applied to the nasal mucosa 2 times a day.
They begin prevention during the outbreak and continue for about a month. The use of ointment after contact with a person with the flu will be effective. For viral rhinitis, oxolinic ointment is also applied nasally - the nasal mucosa is lubricated 3 times a day for 4 days.
As an external remedy, the drug is applied to the skin areas affected by the herpes virus . For the treatment of molluscum contagiosum, as well as simple and herpes zoster, 3% ointment concentration is used. The affected skin should be lubricated 4 times a day until complete recovery.
To remove warts make applications - on the layer of oxolinic ointment impose wax paper. Applications are done 3 times a day. Duration of treatment - from 2 weeks - up to 2 months.
In adenoviral keratoconjunctivitis, a layer of ointment with 0.25% concentration is applied per eyelid overnight.
Contraindication is only hypersensitivity to the active component or additional components.
Pregnancy and lactation
In dermal application, the drug is practically not absorbed into the subcutaneous layer, so it is possible to use it in pregnant and lactating women.
Due to external use and low absorbability, overdose cases were not noted.
After applying the drug, a slight burning sensation is possible, which passes quickly and does not require discontinuation of treatment. Some patients had rhinorrhea (increased secretion of mucus from the nose) after applying Oxoline Ointment. This side effect is considered normal and does not require correction therapy.
The active ingredient is oxolin, which exhibits a virucidal action against influenza viruses and a group of herpes viruses. The antiviral effect is achieved by inhibiting the reproduction of the virus in a human cell, as well as by protecting the cell membrane from penetration of the virus into it.
The drug practically does not enter the bloodstream when applied to the skin. When applied to the mucous absorbed about 20% oxolin. Accumulation in the body does not occur, and the drug is excreted by the kidneys during the day.
- Oxolinic ointment should be stored in a dark place. Temperature conditions need to be clarified in the instructions for a particular drug, as some manufacturers require to store it in the refrigerator.
- The drug is dispensed from pharmacies without a prescription.
- Oxolinic ointment does not have a resorptive effect and has no toxic side effects.
- According to the instructions of many manufacturers of oxolinic ointment, it is not recommended for use for children younger than the spirit of the years, but may be prescribed at this age at the discretion of the pediatrician.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.