Perhaps suitable other enterosorbenty as analog.
: 76 р. Average online price * : 76 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Polyphepanum is an enterosorbent of plant origin.
In pharmacology, enterosorbents are called drugs, which, combined with toxic, toxic substances, remove them from the body. The advantages of polyphepane compared with similar drugs is that it:
- is a product of processing plant materials and therefore has practically no contraindications;
- having a soft structure, does not damage the intestinal mucosa;
- possesses high sorption (absorbing) properties;
- stimulating intestinal motility, actively excreted from the body.
Release form and composition
You can buy the drug in the following forms:
- powder for suspension;
- granules for suspension.
The active component of polyphepane is hydrolyzed lignin . This substance is obtained by processing plant fibers. Once in the body, lignin hydrolyses binds and removes from the gastrointestinal tract:
- pathogenic bacteria;
- bactericidal toxins;
- heavy metal salts;
- an excess of certain metabolic products (cholesterol, metabolites, bilirubin, urea).
Within 24 hours, Polyphepan is completely eliminated from the body, the drug is non-toxic.
Indications for use
Polyphepanum is used for chronic intoxication of the body, occurring against the background of such diseases and infections as:
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- functional intestinal dyspepsia;
- nonspecific ulcerative colitis;
- typhoid fever;
- intestinal dysbiosis;
- peptic ulcer disease.
Important! Like any enterosorbent, Polyphepanum does not cure these diseases but is an auxiliary drug.
The effectiveness of the use of the drug in drug and food allergies is noted:
- allergic dermatosis;
- allergic bronchitis and bronchial asthma;
- neurodermatitis .
Also indications for the use of Polyphepane are:
- acute poisoning;
- renal failure;
- metabolic disorders;
- alcoholism (including hangover);
- atherosclerosis and obesity (treatment and prevention);
- conditions after chemotherapy and radiation therapy;
- the need for excretion of xenobiotics and radionuclides.
The use of Polyphepane is contraindicated in:
- individual intolerance to the drug;
- anacid gastritis;
- exacerbations of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- intestinal atony.
The use of granules by people with diabetes requires caution, since this form of the drug contains sucrose.
Dosing and Administration
Dosage and dosage of Polyphepane are determined based on the form of release used.
Tablets should be taken orally about an hour and a half before meals, while the daily dose for adult patients is 12-16 tablets (4.8-6.4 g), for children - 3.8-4 g.
In the appointment of granules or powder, there are two possible applications:
- oral (by mouth);
- introduction through probes and drainage systems into various sections of the gastrointestinal tract (large and small intestines, stomach through entero-, gastro-and cecostomy, as well as using high enemas).
When used internally, the powder or granules are diluted in 50-100 ml of drinking water, stirring the drug for 2 minutes, and taken an hour before meals 3 or 4 times a day. The daily dose is determined by the severity of the disease, as well as by the condition of the patient and is approximately 0.5-1 g of the drug per 1 kg of patient's body weight.
The average single dose is:
- for adults and children who have reached the age of seven - 1 tablespoon;
- for children from a year to 7 years old - 1 dessert spoon;
- for children under 1 year old - 0.5-1 tsp.
When administered through probes, powder or granules are diluted in drinking water at a ratio of 1 to 5 - 1 to 10.
When used inside of any of the forms of Polyphepane, the duration of therapy usually ranges from 3 to 7 days. If necessary, course treatment may be carried out: 10-15 days of regular use of the drug at intervals of 7-10 days.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated, but some patients may experience constipation and allergic reactions.
Simultaneous use of Polyphepane with other drugs can reduce their effectiveness, therefore, it is necessary to maintain an interval of 1 hour between taking enterosorbent and other drugs.
Prolonged use of Polyphepane can lead to impaired absorption of calcium and vitamins K, D, E and B, therefore, if necessary, use the drug for more than 20 days, it is recommended to take calcium and multivitamin complexes.
Sold without a prescription. Shelf life 2 years. Store in a cool dry place.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.