You can get infected with candidiasis and through sexual intercourse (unprotected) with a woman who has a thrush . Immediately candidiasis does not manifest itself. The first symptoms (about them later) will appear in 2-3 weeks. If, in addition to an unprotected contact, there are:
- Long-term stress and overwork,
- The use of corticosteroid creams,
- Recent use of cytotoxic agents or antibiotics
- Microtraumas of the mucous of the genital organs, caused by thermal or mechanical irritation,
- Adherence to a diet rich in carbohydrates,
- Diseases of the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, etc.
- Recently suffered venereal diseases
- Violation of carbohydrate metabolism,
- Obesity and malnutrition (abuse of confectionery),
- Wearing tight underwear,
- The unicellular microorganisms of Candida enter the genitalia from the intestine .
... then signs of the disease can occur and 3-4 days after sexual intercourse.
What does the disease look like in men?
Symptoms of candidiasis in men are similar to other diseases, and in many cases the disease generally occurs asymptomatically (10-15%). The only thing that worries such patients is swelling and redness of the genitals. If Candidiasis is not recognized at this stage and does not begin to be treated, fungi from the head will migrate to the foreskin, then to the skin of the penis, scrotum and inguinal region.
Details about treatment read in the next article .