You can become infected with candidiasis through sexual intercourse (unprotected) with a woman suffering from thrush . Immediately candidiasis itself does not show. The first symptoms (about them later) will appear in 2-3 weeks. If, in addition to unprotected contact,
- Prolonged stress and overwork,
- Corticosteroid creams,
- Recent intake of cytostatics or antibiotics
- Microtrauma of the genital mucosa caused by thermal or mechanical stimulation,
- Sticking to a carbohydrate-rich diet
- Diseases of the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, etc.
- Recently transferred venereal diseases
- Violation of carbohydrate metabolism,
- Obesity and malnutrition (confectionery abuse),
- Wearing tight underwear
- The entry of unicellular Candida microorganisms into the genitalia of the intestine .
... then signs of the disease may occur 3-4 days after intercourse.
What does the disease look like in men?
Symptoms of candidiasis in men are similar to other diseases, and in many cases the disease is generally asymptomatic (10-15%). The only thing that bothers these patients is swelling and redness of the genitals. If candidiasis is not recognized at this stage and does not begin to heal, the fungi from the head will move to the foreskin, then to the skin of the penis, scrotum and groin area.
Read more about the treatment in the next article .