Prevention of the fungus is divided into public and personal. Public prevention - a set of measures that are carried out in showers, baths, swimming pools, in general, in public places to prevent fungal incidence. This includes preventive inspections of maintenance personnel, disinfection of premises, regular cleaning, and monitoring of the skin and nail condition of persons most susceptible to fungus: military personnel, athletes, etc. In addition, health care workers tell the public about the first symptoms of the disease and are doing everything possible to bring to the attention of people information about the possibility of treating the fungus with modern highly effective drugs.
Personal prophylaxis brings greater effectiveness, which is also subdivided into primary and secondary. Primary prevention means measures to prevent infection with the fungus, and the secondary is aimed at preventing the recurrence of the fungal infection after the course of treatment.
Personal measures to prevent fungus
Prevention of nail fungus on the legs is a multifaceted concept, and it includes both the hygiene of the skin of the feet and the preventive use of special preparations during visits to public places.
1. Shoes and hosiery.
- Do not wear tight shoes. It is the main cause of ingrown nails, microtraumas, and they provoke fungus development. Injured skin is unarmed before the pathogens of fungal infections.
- Sneakers and sneakers are dangerous to wear to people with excessive sweating of the feet, especially in hot weather. Synthetics do not allow the skin to breathe, which promotes sweating and sweating. In winter, it is worth giving preference to soft shoes made of genuine leather or suede, ideal in size.
- Refuse the fitting of shoes in stores on a bare foot, as well as trying on the pair of shoes that your friend liked.
- It is customary to wear master slippers at guests, but they can have scales of fungi. It is better to come with your shift.
- Socks made of synthetic materials have no place on their feet.
- Regularly disinfect shoes and let it dry for at least 24 hours.
- Remember that in saunas, showers, baths, you need to wear replaceable rubber slippers.
2. Nail and foot care
- After water procedures (showering, swimming in the pool), the feet should be wiped dry, paying special attention to the skin folds between the fingers. The fungus first settles there.
- Manicure and pedicure should be trusted only by professionals. The main cause of the fungus on the nails is a poorly worked tool.
- If the skin on the feet is excessively dry, then they should be treated with moisturizing creams. Through cracks spores of fungi will easily penetrate the skin.
- For foot hygiene, buy antibacterial soft soap for sensitive skin.
- To wash dishes, clean the bath with cleaning household products, you must wear gloves, otherwise the risk of injury to the nails on your hands is great.
- Good immunity, proper nutrition and regular exercise - good prevention of fungus on the legs.
When the sanitary-hygienic measures are small, or the risk of infection is great, it is worth prophylactic use of local antifungal agents. Antifungal sprays and aerosols, powders, creams and varnishes are applied to the interdigital folds, the skin of the feet and nails before or after visiting public showers, swimming pools, etc.
- Mycostop . Applied after visiting the beach, bath or after using sports equipment (ski boots, slippers in bowling, videos, etc.). The spray is also suitable for disinfecting shoes.
- Mikozoral . Suitable for persons with weakened immunity (congenital or weakened by long-term use of drugs).
- Lotseril for the prevention of nail fungus. It is applied once every 7-10 days with the help of a spatula, sold complete with varnish. Not allowed to wear artificial nails.
From vernacular remedies vinegar proved to be quite good, if you do not take into account its smell.
Features of secondary prevention
Secondary prophylaxis is important for those who have already received antifungal treatment. Its main goal is to prevent relapse and reinfection. Includes:
- Careful hygiene. We will not repeat about daily washing of feet and hands with soap. To prevent infection of their own and households, you need to walk at home in slippers, and well ventilated, regularly wash in disinfectant solutions socks. Hosiery, which was in use during the fight against the disease is better to be thrown away altogether.
- Preventive administration of local antifungal agents after systemic treatment. For two to three months after completion of treatment with systemic drugs (tablets and capsules), dermatologists recommend using for the prevention of foot fungus with local antifungal agents.
- Disinfection of footwear, second-hand. The best option, of course, is to throw away all the shoes that were worn before. You can subject it to disinfection , which will kill the fungus that multiplies on the inside of the shoe and their spores.
- Increase the body's resistance. On the beach, walking thousands, hundreds go to the pool, but only a few fall ill with a fungus. The reason for this - weakened immunity, which is difficult to recognize the causative agents of the fungus and send forces to destroy them. Lead a healthy lifestyle and periodically take echinacea - sold in any pharmacy in different forms.