Prevention of fungus is divided into public and private. Public prevention is a set of measures that are carried out in showers, baths, swimming pools, in general, in public places to prevent the incidence of fungus. These are routine inspections of the staff, and disinfection of the premises, and regular cleaning, and monitoring the condition of the skin and nails of persons most susceptible to fungi: military personnel, athletes, etc. In addition, employees of health care institutions tell the public about the first symptoms of the disease and are doing everything possible to bring information to people about the possibility of treating the fungus with modern highly effective means.
Greater effectiveness brings personal prevention, which is also divided into primary and secondary. Primary prevention involves measures to prevent infection by a fungus, and secondary prevention is aimed at preventing the recurrence of a fungal infection after undergoing a course of treatment.
Personal measures to prevent fungus
The prevention of nail fungus on the legs is a multifaceted concept, and it includes both hygiene of the foot skin and the prophylactic use of special preparations during visits to public places.
1. Shoes and hosiery.
- Do not wear tight shoes. She - the main reason for the ingrowth of nails, microtraumas, and they provoke the development of the fungus. Injured skin is unarmed against pathogens of fungal infections.
- Sneakers and sneakers are dangerous to wear to people with excessive sweating of their feet, especially in hot weather. Synthetic does not allow the skin to breathe, which contributes to debating and sweating. In winter, you should give preference to soft shoes made of genuine leather or suede, ideal in size.
- Give up trying shoes in stores for bare feet, as well as trying on a pair of shoes that you like.
- At a party, it is customary to wear master's slippers, but in fact they may contain scales of fungi. It is better to come with your shift.
- Socks made of synthetic materials do not place on their feet.
- Disinfect your shoes regularly and let it dry for at least 24 hours.
- Remember that in saunas, showers, baths, you must wear removable rubber slippers.
2. Care of nails and feet
- After water procedures (shower, swimming in the pool), feet should be wiped dry, paying special attention to skin folds between the fingers. The first thing the fungus settles there.
- Manicure and pedicure should be trusted only to professionals. The main cause of nail fungus - poorly processed tool.
- If the skin on the feet too dry, they should be treated with moisturizers. Through the cracks the spores of the fungi will easily penetrate the skin.
- For foot hygiene, get antibacterial mild soap for sensitive skin.
- Wash the dishes, clean the bath with household cleaners, gloves must be worn, otherwise the risk of injury to the nails is great.
- Good immunity, proper nutrition and regular exercise - good prevention of fungus on the legs.
When hygiene measures are low, or the risk of infection is high, it is worth prophylactically using local antifungal agents. Antifungal sprays and sprays, powders, creams and varnishes are applied on the interdigital folds, skin of the feet and nails before or after visiting public showers, swimming pools, etc.
- Mikostop . Apply after visiting the beach, bath or after using sports equipment (ski boots, slippers in bowling, roller skates, etc.). The spray is also suitable for disinfecting shoes.
- Mycozoral Suitable for persons with a weakened immune system (congenital or weakened under the influence of long-term medication).
- Loceryl for the prevention of nail fungus. Apply once every 7-10 days using a spatula sold with a varnish. It is not allowed to wear false artificial nails.
Of folk remedies , vinegar has proven itself well, if you do not take into account its smell.
Features of secondary prevention
Secondary prophylaxis is important for those who have already received antifungal treatment. Its main goal is to prevent recurrence and reinfection. Includes:
- Careful hygiene regime. We will not repeat the daily washing of the feet and hands with soap. In order to prevent infection of your own and households, you need to walk at home in slippers, and with well-ventilated ones, regularly wash in disinfectable solutions socks. Hosiery that was in use during the period of struggle with the disease is generally better to throw away.
- Prophylactic administration of local antifungal agents after systemic treatment. For two to three months after the end of treatment with systemic drugs (tablets and capsules), dermatologists recommend using local antifungal agents for the prevention of foot fungus.
- Disinfection of used shoes. The best option, of course, is to throw out all the shoes that were worn earlier. You can disinfect it , which will kill the fungi that multiply on the inner surface of the shoe and their spores.
- Increase the body's resistance. Thousands stroll along the beaches, hundreds go to the pool, but only a few get the fungus. The reason for this is a weakened immunity, which makes it difficult to recognize the causative agents of the fungus and send forces to destroy them. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and periodically take Echinacea - sold in any pharmacy in different forms.