So, women often suffer hands. This fact is explained simply: the fair sex representatives often do manicure, and the nail fungus appears on the hands due to poorly processed tools. Men also spend most of the day in closed shoes, where in moist and warm conditions the fungi multiply. Of course, the fungus can be picked up in the pool, and during the fitting of shoes in the store, and even while shaking hands with an old friend on the street, but the main thing in case of infection is not the place, but the speed of fungal detection and the selection of an adequate drug for treatment.
To develop a fungus of fingernails or nails on fingers of arms or hand starts not at once, and the first signs can be easily confused with an irritation of integuments and consequence of a trauma. In order to notice the enemy in time, which tries to spoil the appearance of the nails and worsen the quality of life, we suggest studying the full list of symptoms of the nail fungus on the hands.
Change the color of the nail
The first thing that catches your eye is a change in the color of the nail plate. Ideally, through it, a nail bed rich in blood vessels should be visible (therefore the nail is pink). When the fungus starts to multiply actively under the fingernail or on it, the color of the nail plate changes.
- If the fungus penetrates the surface, it can acquire a white or yellowish color. This is due to the fact that horny masses begin to accumulate between the bed and the nail plate. This form is diagnosed most often on the palms of women.
- The greenish color of the fingernail acquires when infected with mold fungi.
- Also, the nail can become purple, brown, black when infected with yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida.
Below are examples of nail plates, both hands and feet, affected by different types of mycosis . The color of the nail depends on the disease and manifests equally on the hands and feet :
Attention: small streaks or spots on the skin may also appear due to a nail injury. Trauma can also cause bleeding in the nail bed, when the nail becomes black.
Thickening / thinning of the nail plate
Normally, the surface of the nail plate should be convex, shiny and smooth, and its thickness is from 0.5 mm. On brushes up to 1 mm. On the feet. With onychomycosis, the nail can:
- Look concave (this phenomenon is called coilonichia). The reason - increased in size nail bed.
- Be thickened (in medicine - hyperkeratosis). The plate increases at times in response to inflammation.
Stratification of the nail and its lagging behind the bed
When fungi affect the nail for a long time, it begins to flake off the bed. The nail gets air, which further exacerbates the situation. At once we will make a reservation that in most cases the nail is not separated from the bed by more than half.
Split and delaminate the nail can in the transverse direction (see the fungus of the nails in the hands of the photo), and most often it occurs on 2, 3, 4 fingers. The nail grows as usual, but then it is split up to 2-3 layers.
In addition, that the nail becomes loose and brittle, it may appear transverse and longitudinal furrows.
Types of fungal infection
Based on various signs of the fungus of the nails on the hands, scientists distinguish 3 types of onychomycosis of the hands.
|View||Signs of defeat|
Each of these fungi can provoke different in the form of the course of the disease. However, the most common are:
- Candidamycosis. Fungus, which causes this disease, is constantly present in the human body and is a natural saprophyte. With a weakening of immunity or malfunctions in the functioning of the body, saprophytes become parasites. Also, to provoke a fungus rebirth may be taking antibiotics, beriberi and even a banal abuse of sweets. Permanent mechanical influences can also influence: frequent injuries of nails, prolonged exposure to brushes in a moist environment, contact with spoiled fruits (they are actively multiplying fungi). The disease is characterized by the defeat of nails and okolonogtevymi rollers and suffer from it often housewives, people working in confectionery, children.
- Onychomycosis is a complex infectious disease that affects the peri-oral grooves and the entire nail. It is transferred from the carrier, i.e. To get a fungus of fingernails or nails on fingers of hands it is possible only after dialogue with the infected (it is enough to shake a hand or to try on a glove). Sometimes the infection occurs and after contact with the mold, parasitic on the fruit.
- Sporotrichosis is a disease that affects mainly animal lovers. Infection occurs by falling into the microcracks on the skin of the hands of fungi. In the risk zone, children and veterinarians.
- Dermatophytosis. A number of diseases fall under the definition of this disease, and the causes of their occurrence are not fully understood. The treatment is based entirely on laboratory tests.
Causes of infections
The root cause of infection, of course, is the fungus.
So, if the yeast fungus of the nails on the hands is guilty, the roller begins to suffer first: lateral or posterior. It becomes thickened, touching it painfully, there is swelling, and sometimes even a small amount of pus is released. Then the infection spreads over the nail: furrows begin to appear on it. If the fungus under the fingernails is caused by T. rubrum, then first appear gray or white spots / streaks in the center of the nail. Thickening is noted only at the free edge.
Secondary causes of fungus nails on the hands are favorable conditions for the life of infectious agents. They are more reasonable to call factors. So, most often a fungus on the hands occurs in women employed in laundries and in female confectioners, workers in canneries. These categories have to work with sugars and hold hands for a long time in the water. The probability of fungal disease increases with age (in children, onychomycosis is practically not diagnosed, but in elderly people the diagnosis is confirmed in 90% of cases). In addition, the chance to catch a fungus is higher in individuals:
- Those with a tendency to hyperhidrosis brushes;
- Doing a manicure on your own or at home with a non-professional;
- Frequently ill and having concomitant diseases (diabetes).
Having found out on the fingernails of brushes the first manifestations of the fungus is to make an appointment with a mycologist or dermatologist, and make sure that the nail plates began to change precisely because of infection. The earlier the treatment is started, the sooner it will be completed. Nails always attract attention. In neglected cases, the nail, warped by the fungus, is removed, and the growth of the new nail will take no less than 6 months.