Other antiallergic, safe for children:
- Fenistil, drops (from 1 month)
- Zyrtec, drops (from 6 months)
- Claritin (syrup from 2 years, tablets from 3 years)
- Loratadine (since 2 years)
- Cetrin, syrup (from 2 years)
- Diazolin (3 years)
See also antihistamines for adults .
131 р. Average price online * 131 р.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
It is prescribed to children aged 1 month.
"Suprastin" is included by the World Health Organization in the list of drugs that are vital for certain categories of patients. It is a drug with a powerful antihistamine effect, which relieves symptoms of allergic reactions in patients of different age groups.
The drug is available in two forms: in the form of tablets and solution for injection (intramuscular and intravenous - depending on the disease and associated symptoms). The solution should be clear, on a watery basis, the presence of a weak characteristic odor is possible.
Indications for use
"Suprastin" can be administered as the main drug, as well as as part of complex therapy for the treatment of the following diseases:
- Skin diseases, accompanied by the appearance of systematic reactions: eczema (in acute and chronic form), contact dermatitis , itching on the skin, atopic dermatitis , urticaria;
- Allergic diseases: allergic rhinitis , allergies to food and medicine, reactions to various insect bites ( mosquitoes , bedbugs , ticks, wasps , etc.);
- Serum sickness;
- Conjunctivitis ;
- Edema Quincke .
How to use
Adults and children from 3 years of age should swallow the pill whole while eating, washing it down with boiled water (about ½ cup) of room temperature.
Small children pill pound into powder, divided into the desired number of parts and added to food, see dosage below.
Ideally, the treatment regimen is determined by the doctor based on the patient’s condition, the cause of the disease and the severity of the symptoms. In the absence of indications, a standard dosage selection scheme is used:
Adult patients: take 1 tablet 3-4 times a day.
- Up to a year: ¼ tablets 2-3 times a day (the drug should be pounded to the state of powder and given to the child along with mashed potatoes, porridge or any other food).
- From 1 year to 6 years: ¼ tablets 3 times a day (in some cases, another scheme is applied: ½ tablets 2 times a day).
- From 6 to 14 years: ½ pill 2-3 times a day.
The maximum daily dose of “Suprastin” is 2 mg per kilogram of the patient’s weight (provided that there are no side effects).
Recommendations for specific patient groups
In violation of the function of the kidneys . Taking the drug requires special care, since the removal of metabolites of the main active ingredient occurs with the help of kidneys. Such patients may require a dose reduction or correction of the drug intake.
In violation of the liver . It is possible to reduce the dosage in the treatment of such patients due to the slowing down of the absorption of the active component of the drug.
Elderly people, as well as weakened (exhausted) patients. Taking the drug requires constant monitoring, since these categories of patients often have negative consequences from the use of Suprastin. For example, there may be general weakness, dizziness, and increased drowsiness.
"Suprastin" can not be taken in people with a history of the following diseases:
- bronchial asthma in the acute stage;
- idiosyncrasy of auxiliary components;
- neonatal period (up to 1 month).
You can not use "Suprastin" during pregnancy and lactation.
In the presence of certain diseases, the drug should be taken very carefully and exclusively under the supervision of a medical professional. These diseases include:
- heart disease;
- blood vessel pathology;
- liver and kidney disease;
- prostatic hyperplasia;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- violations of urine outflow.
Any negative manifestations that occur when taking the drug, occur very rarely and disappear completely after discontinuation of the drug. These side effects include:
- CNS disorders (weakness, tremor, dizziness, increased agitation);
- tachycardia, arrhythmia, a sharp decrease in blood pressure;
- eating disorders (nausea, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, etc.);
- leukopenia, agranulocytosis (extremely rare).
Composition and properties
One tablet contains:
- Active ingredient: chloropyramine hydrochloride 25 mg
- Excipients: gelatin, potato starch, lactose monohydrate, sodium carboxymethyl starch, stearic acid, talc.
The main active ingredient of the drug is chloropyramine, which has an antihistamine effect and helps to fight allergies of various etiologies. In addition, chloropyramine has an anti-emetic effect, and can also act as a light antispasmodic, effectively removing weak muscle fiber spasms.
When taking the drug in the form of tablets, the active active ingredient is completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, acting on all organs and tissues (the drug also affects the central nervous system).
The effect after taking “Suprastin” comes pretty quickly - usually this period is from 15 to 30 minutes (the duration of the therapeutic effect is at least 3-6 hours). The metabolites of the main active component are eliminated from the body along with urine; therefore, the treatment of patients with kidney disease requires constant monitoring and observation.
Since the drug contains lactose, it can cause adverse reactions in patients with lactase deficiency, as well as in those who suffer from metabolic disorders.
For the entire period of taking Suprastin, one should completely abandon the use of alcoholic beverages, since they can increase the possible side effects on the central nervous system.
It is also not recommended to take the remedy at bedtime and while driving a vehicle, since very often taking Suprastin is accompanied by adverse reactions from the nervous system.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.