The drug is also available in dosage form ointment .
- Lamisil ;
- Terbizil ;
- Terbinafin Pfizer;
- Terbinafine hydrochloride;
- Fungerbin ;
- Exifin .
: 162 р. Average online price * : 162 p.
(prices differ significantly from different manufacturers)
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Terbinafina tablets are white, biconvex, capsule-shaped. On one side there is a dividing strip and there is a letter “T” on both sides.
In one tablet of 250 mg of terbinafine contains terbinafine hydrochloride 281.3 mg. It is an active substance that is used in all analogues.
The drug is sold in solid form, packaged in 7 or 10 pieces. Tablets are packed in a box with detailed instructions. The drug is released from pharmacies by prescription.
- Terbinafine is a drug intended for the treatment of fungal diseases. It has activity to all known fungal agents that affect the human body. The therapeutic effect is a destructive action directed at the cell membrane of the fungal cell. The drug has the property to slow the flow of the enzymatic reaction of squalene oxidase, interfering with the normal functioning of the cell membrane.
- Terbinafin helps stop the production of ergosterol. Its deficiency leads to an increase in the cell of squalene fungus, which leads to a decrease in the activity of all enzyme systems. This becomes the cause of cell death.
- The drug is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and partially metabolized in the liver.
- The highest level of blood concentration reaches 2 hours after taking 250 mg of the drug.
- The drug gradually accumulates in concentration, which provides a therapeutic effect, and most of it is found in the skin, hair, nails and subcutaneous tissue.
- The active substance is transformed into metabolites that do not show antifungal activity, and is excreted from the body through the urinary system.
- The pharmacological effect of terbinafine does not change with repeated use.
- In case of pathological changes in liver or kidney function, biotransformation of the active substance may be slowed down. This leads to a longer circulation of the active substance in the blood and an increase in its concentration in the plasma.
Indications for use
Terbinafin prescribed for diseases caused by fungi:
It is prescribed for the expressed and common symptoms of diseases such as:
- athlete's disease.
Terbinafine tablets are prescribed if pathogens of the genus Trichophyton are identified:
- mushrooms of the genus Candida albicans.
Note: ineffective with lichen colored.
Mode of application
The drug is taken as prescribed by the doctor, inside, after eating. Adults appoint 250 mg 1 time per day. For elderly patients, the dose is also administered without correction. For patients with chronic renal insufficiency, 125 mg is prescribed 1 time per day.
Children older than 3 years of the dose prescribed, depending on body weight. With a weight of from 20 to 40 kg - 125 mg 1 time per day. If a child weighs more than 40 kg - 250 mg 1 time per day.
The duration of treatment depends on the indications and the severity of the disease . It can be from 2 to 12 weeks, depending on the affected area, determined by the doctor.
If the nail of the big toe is damaged, they usually spend a 3-month course of treatment so that the affected nail will grow back and restore its appearance. If the nail grows slowly, you will need a longer treatment. Therefore, we strongly recommend to consult a doctor.
In the case of foot fungus or skin lesions in other areas of the body, the duration of treatment: 2-4 weeks, if the scalp is affected - 4 weeks. The exception is the fungus Microsporum canis, it should be treated from 4 to 6 weeks.
With an overdose of the drug appears:
- bowel disorder
- stomach ache
Treatment is applied symptomatic. They do the stomach cleansing, take activated charcoal at the rate of 1 tablet per 10 kg of weight and carry out symptomatic therapy. Instead of coal, you can use more modern enterosorbents .
The drug is not prescribed during pregnancy, lactation, pathological changes in the vessels of the upper and lower extremities.
The drug is contraindicated in children up to two years of age, in older children, the treatment is prescribed by the attending physician, and is carried out in the hospital so that there is constant monitoring of the state of the body.
The active substance should not be used in severe liver failure and the presence of any form of tumor. It is not accepted for disorders associated with metabolic processes.
Interaction with other drugs
The active substance may interact with oral contraceptives. In patients during the course of treatment, irregular regularities of the menstrual cycle are sometimes observed.
Self-medication is not allowed.
Irregular use of terbinafine leads to exacerbation of the disease. For the same reason, treatment cannot be stopped prematurely, with the onset of a therapeutic effect.
If within 2 weeks of treatment of the fungal disease there is no improvement, then it is necessary to contact your doctor. It is required to re-identify the pathogen and the active substance to which it is sensitive.
When treating Terbinafine, hosiery should be disposed of, and new clean socks worn during and after treatment. Shoes are treated with special preparations or use an antifungal dryer for shoes. If possible, after recovery, shoes should be replaced.
Shoe processing is carried out every 2 weeks and at the end of therapy.
Side effects of the drug on the body
- During treatment, it is necessary to monitor the state of the liver, passing the analysis on the activity of "liver" transaminases in the serum. Rarely, patients after 3 months of taking the drug are diagnosed with cholestasis and hepatitis. Liver dysfunction manifests itself in general weakness, nausea, loss of appetite, pain in the right side, yellowness of the skin and eye proteins. There is a decrease in urine to the color of beer, feces become discolored. The drug in this case is canceled. To avoid such a side effect, it is required to use preparations that promote the recovery of liver cells.
- When alcohol is consumed during treatment, the hepatoxic effect of the drug is enhanced and drug damage to the liver develops.
- Terbinafine tablets should not be taken in patients with psoriasis, because it contributes to the exacerbation of the disease.
- In 10% of patients there is a violation of the digestive system. Feeling the taste of food may disappear, a feeling of stomach overflow will appear.
- With the same frequency appear allergic reactions . It may be a rash, hives or other types of allergies.
- While taking the drug may suffer from the musculoskeletal system. Sometimes patients complain of pain in the muscles.
- The central and peripheral nervous systems may suffer from the drug. Headaches, depression, anxiety may occur. When treating patients suffer from general malaise, weakness.
Dispensed from pharmacies by prescription. Store the drug should be in a cool dry place at a temperature not exceeding 20 degrees Celsius, out of the reach of children. Shelf life 3 years. Use of medicinal products after the expiration date is prohibited.
Leave your feedback in the comments!
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.