Tetracycline in different dosage forms (tablets, ointment ) are produced by different manufacturers. There are no synonyms.
91 р. Average price online * 91 p.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Tetracycline is a common and affordable antibiotic with a wide spectrum of activity. World Health Organization, this drug is included in the list of essential drugs.
Indications for use
The use of tetracycline is effective in the case of its appointment in infectious diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to tetracycline. So, indications for the use of tablets are:
- respiratory infections and pneumonia caused by Klebsiella spp., Mycoplasma pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae;
- infections of soft tissue and skin;
- vesicular rickettsiosis;
- uncomplicated gonorrhea;
- typhus and relapsing fever;
- venereal lymphogranuloma;
- bacterial infections of the urinary organs;
- necrotizing gingivostomatitis;
- intestinal amebiasis;
- inguinal granuloma;
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever;
Dosing and Administration
The drug must be taken orally, its dosage is determined by the patient's age.
Adults, as a rule, are recommended to take the medicine 4 times a day, with a single dose of 250-500 mg.
In the treatment of children whose age is older than 8 years, 2 variants of the drug are allowed:
- every 6 hours for 6.25-12.5 mg per 1 kg of body weight of the child;
- every 12 hours for 12.5-25 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
The duration of treatment in most cases is 5-7 days.
The diagnosis and condition of the patient are the basis for determining by the doctor the exact dosage and duration of therapy.
The drug can not be administered to pregnant and lactating women, as well as children under the age of eight. In addition, tetracycline is contraindicated in persons suffering from:
- liver failure;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the tablets.
Caution and monitoring the doctor requires the use of the drug by patients with impaired liver function.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
There is evidence that tetracycline can penetrate the placenta and accumulate in the buds of the teeth and bones of the unborn child, causing them to demineralize. This can lead to severe pathologies of the development of bone tissue. That is why the drug is contraindicated during pregnancy.
If there is a need to take tetracycline during lactation, breastfeeding should be necessarily stopped. Penetrating the milk, the drug can cause a child:
- impaired development of teeth and bones;
- oral candidiasis and vagina.
In some cases, the use of tetracycline may be accompanied by the following side effects:
- on the part of the central nervous system: headaches and dizziness;
- on the part of the digestive system: vomiting and nausea, constipation, abdominal pain, discoloration of the tongue, anorexia, esophagitis, glossitis, increased concentrations of residual nitrogen and bilirubin, liver transaminase activity, alkaline phosphatase;
- from the hematopoietic system: thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, hemolytic anemia;
- dermatological reactions in the form of photosensitization;
- allergic reactions: itching and skin rash, angioedema, eosinophilia;
- effects caused by the chemotherapeutic action of the drug: intestinal dysbiosis, candidal vulvovaginitis and candidal stomatitis;
- vitamin deficiencies of group B.
The absorption of tetracycline from the gastrointestinal tract may be reduced by:
- salts of calcium, iron, magnesium;
Tetracycline, in turn, reduces the effectiveness of oral contraceptives and antibacterial drugs.
It is noted that the simultaneous intake of the drug with vitamin A increases the likelihood of intracranial hypertension.
Long-term therapy with tetracycline requires mandatory monitoring of the liver, kidneys and blood-forming organs.
In the process of using the drug it is recommended to use brewer's yeast, vitamins B and K.
Appointment of tetracycline to children during the period of growth and development of teeth can cause an irreversible change in the hue of tooth enamel.
Tablets should not be used simultaneously with dairy products, since they reduce the absorption of the antibiotic.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
One tablet contains 100 mg of the active substance - tetracycline.
After taking the medicine, 60-80% of the dose is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Tetracycline is quickly delivered with blood to most organs and tissues of the body. It is displayed in unchanged form with feces and urine.
Currently available over the counter. Shelf life is 3 years. Store in a dry place at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.