- Thymus extract
, 499 р. Average online price * , 499 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
Timalin is an immunostimulating drug, the activity of which affects the functional parameters of the T-system of the immune system - the medication provides the normal ratio of T-and B-lymphocytes - the main cells of the immune system.
The indications for receiving Timalin are immunodeficiency states in adults and children, in which the lesion mainly concerns the T-system of immunity, the causes are infectious, purulent and septic processes, as well as lymphoproliferative diseases.
- Chronic and acute viral infections.
- Chronic and acute bacterial infections.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Endarteritis obliterans.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Lymphocytic leukemia and lymphogranulomatosis.
- Conditions associated with the hypofunction of the thymus gland.
- Inhibition of the immune system and the hematopoietic system after chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Disorders of regenerative processes due to bone fractures, burns, frostbite.
Note! Timalin can be used as a prophylactic in case of complications of infectious diseases, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, intake of large amounts of antibacterial drugs, as well as in the postoperative period.
Dosage and administration
Available in powder form, before use which must be diluted in isotonic sodium chloride. The finished medicinal solution is administered intramuscularly, as a rule, the course of treatment implies daily administration of the drug.
Dosage of timalin:
- For adults, 5–20 milligrams daily, the prescribing physician prescribes the exact dosage, taking into account the peculiarity of the disease, the age and weight of the patient.
- For children - up to one year - 1 milligram, at the age of 1-3 years - one at a time - two mg, at the age of 4-6 years - 2-3 milligrams, at the age of 7-14 years - 3-5 milligrams.
Treatment may take from 3 to 10 days, based on the severity of the impaired immune defense of the body, for example:
- In case of persistent immunity disorders, it is advisable to administer 40 μg / m2 of body surface once a day for 5-6 days, and then once every 7-10 days.
- During the surgical procedure, the patient is prescribed the drug according to the following scheme - within 2 days before the operation and three days after it.
- In lymphoproliferative diseases, the drug is administered before antitumor therapy and in the intervals between these courses.
There are the following contraindications to taking the drug Timalin:
- Atopic bronchial asthma.
Pregnancy and lactation
Pregnancy is one of the main contraindications for taking Timalin, during the lactation period it is allowed to use the drug only by prescription.
The use of the drug Timalin may cause the following side effects:
- Hyperimmune cytolysis provocation.
- Exacerbation of purulent infectious processes.
Composition and pharmacokinetics
Composition: The main active ingredient of the drug is thymus extract, which is obtained from the thymus gland or thymus of large animals (cattle).
Timalin's action is to restore the body’s immunological activity, that is, to increase the ability of immune cells to resist pathogens.
The drug has an active influence on the compatibility of B-and T-lymphocytes, which are responsible for the accumulation of the protective forces of cells. Timalin activates the destruction of pathogens by blood cells, helps to restore the blood formation process and stimulates metabolic processes inside the cells.
Shelf life: 3 years.
Storage conditions: the drug should be stored in a dry, dark place at a temperature of 20 degrees, Timalin should be stored out of the reach of children.
Drugstore conditions: Timalin prescription.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.