: 492 р. Average online price * : 492 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
The drug valacyclovir is one of the best developments of modern virologists (the drug has replaced the popular acyclovir and its analogues, in many ways surpasses them). With the help of this manual, you can better understand the mechanism of action of the drug, take into account all the nuances and get the maximum effect from the use.
What are the indications for valacyclovir:
- herpes lips ("cold" on the lips and in the periphery zone);
- herpes zoster ;
- genital herpes at the primary stage, as well as in relapses;
- prevention of genital herpes infection;
- reducing the risk of transmission to a sexual partner with diagnosed genital herpes;
- prevention of cytomegalovirus infection during intracavitary operations (including in the field of transplantation, not excluding children from 12 years).
Dosage and administration
Before you use Valacyclovir, be sure to check the treatment regimen with your doctor. Only a specialist will accurately determine the correct dose, which will avoid side effects, but at the same time will bring the expected result. The treatment regimen is a timeline.
- treatment should begin when the first symptoms of recurrent infection occur (approximately 2 tablets for 1 day);
- in cases of organ transplantation, the drug valacyclovir is prescribed as soon as possible in order to prevent the development of herpes infection;
- With the recurrence of genital herpes, immunocompromised persons will have long-term therapy;
- if a herpes originated in a person for the first time, there are no antibodies in his body yet. Therefore, more substantial doses of the drug Valacyclovir are required;
- recurrent genital herpes is successfully treated with smaller doses (the course of treatment is shorter compared to the primary disease). The effectiveness of treatment is increased if the medication started during the first day after the first symptoms manifested;
- in order to prevent the drug valacyclovir should be consumed long and daily.
In any case, the scheme and dosages are selected by the doctor individually. For persons with impaired renal function - a special approach.
- individual intolerance of individual ingredients in the composition of the drug;
- allergic reactions to Valacyclovir itself (the main active ingredient in the preparation);
- hypersensitivity to antiviral treatment;
- It is unacceptable to use valaciclovir in relation to HIV-infected persons whose CD4 + lymphocyte count is below 100 / μl (hepatitis and other negative consequences are possible);
- The medicine is forbidden for the treatment of children under 12 years old.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, a special approach should be followed:
- for use by pregnant and lactating mothers there is no official permission in the Russian Federation;
- there is evidence to allow the use of Valacyclovir in pregnant women to prevent infection of the infant. An indication is a situation where the risk of infecting a child is high enough.
During lactation, valacyclovir is highly undesirable (consult your doctor individually). Read more about the treatment of herpes during pregnancy .
Of the side effects, the following are the most common:
- vomiting, nausea;
- stomach ache;
- disruption of the liver;
- dizziness, migraine;
- depression of consciousness, depression, encephalopathy, psychosis, aggression;
- tremor, convulsions, fever;
- visual and auditory hallucinations;
- visual impairment;
- renal failure (including acute), pain in the kidney area;
- skin rash, itching;
- in severe cases - anaphylactic shock, coma;
- swelling of the face;
- respiratory infections, shortness of breath;
Composition and pharmacokinetics
The drug Valaciclovir is presented as follows:
- tablets with a dense shell;
- the main active ingredient is L-valyl ether of acyclovir (absorbability in the intestine after administration is 54%);
- enhanced action is provided by prolonged retention of high concentrations in the blood;
- as a result of taking this drug, viral replication and viral DNA synthesis are blocked;
- the herpes virus is not eliminated from the body permanently, but the manifestations quickly disappear (itching, tingling and burning sensation in the genital area disappear).
Important advantages of Valaciclovir in comparison with earlier analogues:
- the drug does not cause intestinal disorders and dysbiosis;
- compatibility with alcoholic beverages;
- the endocrine and immune systems of the conditionally healthy person are not affected;
- in most cases, attention, reaction speed and memory are not impaired;
- no mutagenic effects (no genotoxicity).
Studies have shown that valacyclovir:
- does not affect human reproductive function;
- does not affect the ability to conceive in persons of any gender;
- does not create ballast residues in the body;
- does not lead to baldness (unlike, for example, from acyclovir).
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.