The pharmacy network abounds in medicines of various forms. The most familiar is a pill that you need to drink and wait for the effect. In gynecology, vaginal suppositories are used more often, and tablets go in addition. There are many means for treating candidiasis, how to choose the right one?Read more...
Thrush is an inflammatory disease that originates as a result of the activity of yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida. Thrush or candidiasis is an unpleasant itching, burning and heavy discharge from the vagina. Cure the disease can be with the help of drugs of local and internal use. Than to treat thrush in women, you learn from this article.
All the medicines for thrush in women are divided into 2 groups. The first group includes preparations of local use - ointments, suppositories, vaginal suppositories . The second group includes preparations for oral administration - tablets .
With local medicines begin treatment of thrush in women, drugs for this use with antimycotic activity. Most often, patients are prescribed:
- Clotrimazole (analogues - Kanesten , Antifunginol, Kandibene ). Clotrimazole is used for six days, using 1 candle per night. The drug has a depressing effect on the synthesis of ergosterol, which is one of the most important components of the fungus.
- Natamycin (analogues - Pimafucin , Primafungin ). This drug can also be used during pregnancy, which is its advantage. The active substance, which is a part of the preparation, contributes to the disruption of the integrity of the cell membrane of the pathogen and its function. Suppositories are applied once a day for one week.
- Miconazole (analogues - Mikozon , Ginezol, Dactarine ). Candles Miconazole is used for a week. This drug does not cause dysbacteriosis in the vagina, it shows its effectiveness in chronic thrush in women. It has antifungal and antibacterial action, the active substance, which is part of the drug, disrupts the intracellular synthesis of fungi, which leads to their death.
- Ketoconazole (analogues - Livarol ). Ketoconazole has an almost instantaneous effect, but with its long-term use in the fungus may develop resistance to drugs.
Read more: Choosing inexpensive and effective candles .
Note! Treating thrush in women with local drugs is possible for 2-7 days. In the period of taking local medicines, you should do the disinfecting solutions with soda or potassium permanganate.
Effective effects on candidiasis have oral medications, but it should be understood that they can also have a negative effect on the liver and kidneys. That's why many pills are sold only on prescription .
For the treatment of thrush in women, the most commonly prescribed tablets are Flucostat and its analogues : Fluconazole, Mycoflucan, Mikomax, Diflucan . In unopened cases of candidiasis, one tablet of Fluconazole may be sufficient. With advanced forms of the disease, the drug is used according to a special scheme: pills are used on the first, fourth and seventh day of treatment.
In addition to basic therapy
After treatment, the microflora of the vagina often suffers. In order to restore it and prevent relapses, as well as for prevention, you can use special female probiotics:
- Bifidumbacterin Suppositories
- Lactacid (local hygiene products)
- Candles Lactonorm
Soda is a popular remedy for thrush in women, the secret of its effectiveness is that yeast-like fungi die in an alkaline environment. Washing with baking soda contributes to the destruction of the structure of candidiasis and prevents its growth. To make a home medicine take one teaspoon of baking soda and dissolve it in a liter of boiled water. The resulting solution is used as a scouring and syringing.
Read more about syringing here .
Perhaps you will be interested in other articles on the choice of the drug:
Popular analogs for the active substance are available in France, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovenia, India. All of them differ in price, side effects, form of release, methods of application, special instructions, contraindications.Read more...
To common diseases it is not by chance that thrush is considered. It refers to infectious diseases, and its originators are Candida fungi. The disease not only causes discomfort, but also brings a lot of trouble.Read more...