The pharmacy chain is replete with medicines of various forms. The most familiar is a pill that you need to drink and wait for the effect. In gynecology, vaginal suppositories are more commonly used, and tablets are in addition. There are many tools for the treatment of candidiasis, how to choose the right one?Read more...
Thrush is an inflammatory disease that originates as a result of the activity of yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida. Thrush or candidiasis is an unpleasant itching, burning and heavy discharge from the vagina. Cure the disease can be with the help of drugs for local and domestic use. How to treat thrush in women, you will learn from this article.
All drugs for thrush in women are divided into 2 groups. The first group includes drugs for local use - ointments, suppositories, vaginal suppositories . The second group includes drugs for oral administration - tablets .
Local drugs start treating thrush in women, and preparations for this are used with antimycotic activity. The most frequently prescribed patients:
- Clotrimazole (analogues - Kanesten , Antifunginol, Candibene ). Clotrimazole is used for six days, using 1 candle at night. The drug has a inhibitory effect on the synthesis of ergosterol, which is one of the most important components of the fungus.
- Natamycin (analogues - Pimafucin , Primafungin ). This drug can be used during pregnancy, which is its advantage. The active ingredient in the preparation contributes to the violation of the integrity of the cell membrane of the pathogen and its function. Suppositories are used once a day for one week.
- Miconazole (analogues - Mikozon , Ginesol, Daktarin ). Candles Miconazole used during the week. This drug does not cause dysbiosis in the vagina, shows its effectiveness in chronic thrush in women. It has antifungal and antibacterial action, the active substance, which is part of the drug, violates the intracellular synthesis of fungi, which leads to their death.
- Ketoconazole (analogues - Livarol ). Ketoconazole has an almost instantaneous effect, but with its long-term use, the drug can develop resistance to the drug.
Read more: Choosing inexpensive and effective candles .
Note! It is possible to treat thrush in women with local preparations for 2-7 days. In the period of taking local drugs, it should be done by washing away with disinfectant solutions of soda or potassium permanganate.
Drugs for oral administration have an effective effect on candidiasis, but it should be understood that they can also have a negative effect on the liver and kidneys. That is why many pills sell only by prescription .
For the treatment of thrush in women, Flucostat and its analogues are most often prescribed: Fluconazole, Mikoflucan, Mikomax, Diflucan . In cases of candidosis, one tablet of fluconazole may be sufficient. When running forms of the disease, the drug is used according to a special scheme: tablets are used on the first, fourth and seventh day of treatment.
In addition to the main therapy
After the end of treatment, the vaginal microflora often suffers. In order to restore it and prevent relapses, as well as for prevention, you can use special female probiotics:
- Bifidumbacterin suppositories
- Lacticide (local hygiene products)
- Laktonorm candles
Soda is a popular remedy for thrush in women, the secret of its effectiveness is that yeast-like fungi die in an alkaline environment. Washing away with baking soda contributes to the destruction of candidiasis structure and prevents its growth. For the preparation of homemade medicine take one teaspoon of baking soda and dissolve it in a liter of boiled water. The resulting solution is used as flushing and douching.
Read more about douching here .
You may be interested in other articles about the choice of drug:
Popular analogues on the active substance are produced in France, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovenia, India. They all differ in price, side effects, the form of release, methods of use, special instructions, contraindications.Read more...
Thrush thrush is not accidentally classified as a common disease. It belongs to infectious diseases, and Candida mushrooms are the culprits. The disease not only causes discomfort, but also brings a lot of trouble.Read more...