, крем: 231 р.; Average price online * , cream: 231 p .; tablets: 628 r.
Where can one buy:
Instructions for use
The number of people suffering from herpes is quite large. The disease manifests itself in periods of weakened immunity, and the peak of exacerbation occurs in the autumn period.
First, the skin itches, it is tightened, then small pimples appear, and then a rather large “cold”. Chickenpox in young children is caused by a virus from the same family.
Antiviral drugs, such as Zovirax, have proven to be effective in such diseases.
Zovirax is prescribed for such diseases:
- Infections of the skin and mucous membranes that are caused by the herpes simplex virus .
- Prevention of recurrent herpes infections in immunodeficient patients and persons with normal immunity.
- Herpes zoster .
- Herpes in the genital area .
- Prevention of cytomegalovirus infection.
Mode of application
Tablets need to be taken orally and drink plenty of liquid. Eating does not change the bioavailability of Zovirax and does not affect the effectiveness of the drug.
For the treatment of infections caused by the herpes simplex virus, Zovirax dosage is 200 mg. It should be taken every 4 hours, except for the period of night sleep. Standard course - 5 days.
To prevent repeated manifestations of herpes virus infections in the normal state of immunity Zovirax need to take 200 mg every 6 hours. It is possible to increase a single dose to 400 mg and reduce the number of doses to two.
In cases of immunodeficiency, Zovirax can be prescribed 400 mg up to 5 times a day to prevent herpes viral diseases.
For the treatment of shingles and chickenpox, the dose of the drug is 800 mg with five times the reception. The duration of therapy is a week.
Doses for children older than 2 years (in the presence of immunodeficiency) are equal to adult doses. Children under 2 years of age are most often given a half dose.
For the treatment of chicken pox children Zovirax is prescribed in the following dosages:
- up to 2 years - 200 mg;
- from 2 to 6 years - 400 mg;
- over 6 years old - 800mg.
The course of treatment is usually 5 days, but can be extended by the attending physician.
Zovirax Cream is applied only topically. It should be applied 5 times a day with a thin layer on areas with rashes. The duration of treatment is 4 days. The cream can not be applied to the mucous membranes of the mouth and eyes, only possible application to the skin.
With individual sensitivity to acyclovir, the drug can not be used (all forms).
Tablets are extremely undesirable to apply Zovirax to patients with impaired renal function or dehydration.
Use during pregnancy is possible only with a high ratio of benefits to the mother / risk to the fetus. However, in clinical studies there was no negative effect of Zovirax on the fetus (embryotoxic, teratogenic, mutagenic).
After taking Zovirax tablets by a nursing mother, the concentration of the active substance was detected to the baby’s blood. Therefore, taking the drug during breastfeeding is highly undesirable.
Overdose is unlikely. With a significant excess of therapeutic doses, hemodialysis is required. Repeated excess of the recommended dosages can lead to renal failure and to the manifestation of neurological disorders - hallucinations, convulsions, confusion.
When using the cream, side effects were manifested only in the form of mild allergic reactions - itching, redness, peeling, local pain, dry skin.
When taking Zovirax tablets may cause systemic side effects:
- disruption of the liver and gastrointestinal tract;
- lesions of the nervous system - dizziness, disturbed sleep, disturbed spatial orientation, hallucinations;
- anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- renal failure, high blood levels of urea and creatinine;
- urticaria , pruritus, angioedema , photosensitivity.
The active ingredient is acyclovir. It is able to inhibit the reproduction of a viral cell, which underlies the antiviral effect. Acyclovir acts only on the cell of the virus, without adversely affecting human cells. The tablets contain 200 mg of acyclovir. The cream is made with a 5% concentration.
In the intestine, acyclovir is absorbed only partially. The drug is derived mainly by the kidneys. The half-life is about 3 hours. With poor kidney function, the rate of excretion decreases, which requires dose adjustment. After oral administration, acyclovir was detected in the cerebrospinal fluid.
When using Zovirax cream, no systemic effect of the drug was detected.
- In the case of intestinal absorption or immunodeficiency disorders, the dose of Zovirax tablets is doubled.
- With repeated courses of treatment with acyclovir, the emergence of resistant strains of the virus and a decrease in the effectiveness of the drug are possible.
- When taking Zovirax necessarily plenty of drink.
- In genital herpes, Zovirax does not protect against sexual transmission of the virus.
- Zovirax can be used simultaneously with other drugs, since no special interaction has been identified.
(Leave your feedback in the comments)
* - The average value among several sellers at the time of monitoring is not a public offer.